PDA

View Full Version : Cole quits England

fmadmin
12-05-2014, 09:33 AM
Ashley Cole has retired from international football after being left out of England's World Cup squad. - view external link (www.england-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/cole_quits_england_832806/index.shtml)

alfinyalcabo
12-05-2014, 02:01 PM
Good riddance ..Mard git.. >:)

wolves71
31-05-2014, 06:41 PM
I still think his experience could have been useful to the England squad, but if the youngsters are to get a chance, then now is the time.

Superbia_In_Prodis
07-06-2014, 12:53 AM
I really doubt he will be missed!!

lescand
07-06-2014, 07:15 AM
He will be if the Baines takes a knock, Cole was the one of the best full backs of his generation

lescand
15-06-2014, 07:32 AM
I don't think we'd have been so exposed on the left last night if Cole was playing.
Cole would also have attacked more, It seems that as soon as Baines has made that position his own he has dropped a level of performance
Rooney should have helped more (or maybe not even played in that position?)

wolves71
16-06-2014, 06:39 PM
I don't think we'd have been so exposed on the left last night if Cole was playing.
Cole would also have attacked more, It seems that as soon as Baines has made that position his own he has dropped a level of performance
Rooney should have helped more (or maybe not even played in that position?)

Agree with most of this, Cole has the experience of big tournaments, gives England an outlet down the left. I don't think Rooney should have played over on the left anyway, better off either alongside or just off Sturridge.

trickydick
16-06-2014, 10:52 PM
Regarding of him as a person but as a footballer whatever people think in my opinion he was one of the best left backs in the world at his peak.