PDA

View Full Version : B for bonkers!

Rotherhamowl10
12-05-2014, 12:55 PM
Football Association chairman Greg Dyke idea to create a new 'League Three' in 2016-17 consisting of 10 Premier League B teams plus 10 other clubs coming from the Conference, has to be one of the worst idea's that I've ever read about. The only teams it would suit would be the top clubs in the Premiership. I think I could come up with a better idea on the back of a beer mat down the pub with four mates.

I can't see any strengths?

Attendances would be poor. In Spain, Barcalona 'B' and Real Madric 'B' have some of the lowest attendances in the league. You might find an interest at first, but the novelty will soon wear off and it will be seen as nothing more than a reserve team fixture.
The loan system could disappear; why would top clubs loan their players to teams like Mansfield and Exeter, when they can play at the same level by playing for their 'B team'.

It's a total lack of respect for all football league clubs shown by the FA. If this is the best we can come up with, then it's t

redgreggie
12-05-2014, 01:46 PM
I've heard nothing but complaints about the proposals he's come up with, I can't comment as I haven't read anything of the details...

I'm that disillusioned with the game these days, all I bother about is hearing the Wednesday games whenever they're on, or watching when they're on the tele

the game is sh1t these days, there was the time that I'd watch any match that was on, you can't blink these days without a game being on

it was the time when I watched any English team in Europe, on the tele, and I'd be rooting for us, no matter who it was, I don't now because the majority of players for the English teams are foreigners that we've allowed to swallow us up, no, I don't give a phuck who wins, more often than not I'll hope the opponent wins...at least they're not under false pretences! they're foreigners playing for a foreign team!!!!!!!!!!1

the only thing I'll say for Gregg Dyke...at least he's trying something, trying to come up with fresh ideas, he'll never get far while the prem

Rotherhamowl10
12-05-2014, 02:17 PM
The FA have had years to think of a plan to stop the decline of British players in the Premiership, but this isn't the answer.

Instead, the focus was on projects like the new Wembley and St Georges park. Now these projects are completed the big-wigs in the FA are sat twiddling their thumbs wondering why there's only 30% (not exact figure) British players who currently play in our top division.

Gregg Dyke is paid quite a substantial a fee. If this is what he's spent the last six months doing, then I think his bosses need to have a think about whether he's worth the big salary.

It's about time the FA made a stand and made clubs fall back into line. The top four have seen them as an easy touch ever since they let Man U drop out of the FA cup because they had a fancy tournament to play in abroad.

Want to make a stand? then make Premier league clubs have at least one British player in the starting eleven. Increase this number over a decade and watch a flux of British talent return to th

hirstyboywonder
12-05-2014, 03:20 PM
[quote="Rotherhamowl10"]The FA have had years to think of a plan to stop the decline of British players in the Premiership, but this isn't the answer.

Instead, the focus was on projects like the new Wembley and St Georges park. Now these projects are completed the big-wigs in the FA are sat twiddling their thumbs wondering why there's only 30% (not exact figure) British players who currently play in our top division.

Gregg Dyke is paid quite a substantial a fee. If this is what he's spent the last six months doing, then I think his bosses need to have a think about whether he's worth the big salary.

It's about time the FA made a stand and made clubs fall back into line. The top four have seen them as an easy touch ever since they let Man U drop out of the FA cup because they had a fancy tournament to play in abroad.

Want to make a stand? then make Premier league clubs have at least one British player in the starting eleven. Increase this number over a de

hirstyboywonder
12-05-2014, 03:24 PM
[quote="Rotherhamowl10"]Football Association chairman Greg Dyke idea to create a new 'League Three' in 2016-17 consisting of 10 Premier League B teams plus 10 other clubs coming from the Conference, has to be one of the worst idea's that I've ever read about. The only teams it would suit would be the top clubs in the Premiership. I think I could come up with a better idea on the back of a beer mat down the pub with four mates.

I can't see any strengths?

Attendances would be poor. In Spain, Barcalona 'B' and Real Madric 'B' have some of the lowest attendances in the league. You might find an interest at first, but the novelty will soon wear off and it will be seen as nothing more than a reserve team fixture.
The loan system could disappear; why would top clubs loan their players to teams like Mansfield and Exeter, when they can play at the same level by playing for their 'B team'.

It's a total lack of respect for all football league clubs shown by the FA.