PDA

View Full Version : AFC 2014/15

JoseMarooniho
13-05-2014, 09:19 PM
How's about one thread for the close season goings on?
Squad so far
Morrison
Travis
Nicoll
Sheerin
Linn
Murray

timlichtie
14-05-2014, 09:16 AM
Central defenders are the priority. Apparently we were after Hay from Brechin but outbid by big money from the Highland League!

Those not released or signed up must be in negotiations right now. McManus would be top of my list, followed by Deuchar. The Doc apparently loves playing for us but will have other pressures outside football to consider.

Cook and Hamilton are still not signed. Like to see both back but wouldn't break the bank for either after an inconsistent season.

SassenachSteve10
14-05-2014, 01:50 PM
Who is going to score the goals if Cook goes

timlichtie
15-05-2014, 11:52 AM
Who is going to score the goals if Cook goes

Cook has been a "scorer of great goals" rather than "a great goalscorer".

We've signed a promising young striker in Murray and hopefully get McManus and the Doc on board.

It would be good to have Cook in the squad, but I fancy he'll be tempted away.

smokie_bacon_crisps
15-05-2014, 07:01 PM
I think we would be a better team with Cookie in it. He was our highest goal scorer but after Linn probably had the most goal assists too. More to the point he played the last 6 weeks or so without being able to train due to injury but still sacrificed the pain to play for us.

The Courier today states East Fife want to buy him, but being only 22 we would be due some sort of fee.

Rumours today about John Gemmell...

SassenachSteve10
15-05-2014, 09:19 PM
What that big dirty git that we keep moaning about

smokie_bacon_crisps
16-05-2014, 10:59 AM
Ricky Little has signed for next season.

Cookie and Hammy both have offers from other clubs.

timlichtie
16-05-2014, 03:34 PM
Happy to see Little back. I don't think we've seen the best of him yet.

smokie_bacon_crisps
18-05-2014, 09:46 PM
Now that East Fife are down with us hopefully that means Cookie will stay.

timlichtie
23-05-2014, 07:57 AM
Sorry to see Hammy go to Brechin. Hopefully he will rebuild his confidence and progress. He was never the same after his trials down south.

Cooky is taking a risk going to East Fife. Their fans are notoriously hard on players who drift in and out of games. I doubt if he will get the support we gave him.

AFC1320
23-05-2014, 08:04 AM
I am sorry but my attitude to AFC players dumping us to go to another local team is f-offfffffffff.

Fair enough likes of Falky, Chis, Doris etc going full time but the likes of S****s, Baxter and now Hammy and probably Cook who just see the AŁAŁAŁAŁ signs get no "good luck" wishes from me am afraid.

Nonsmokingsmokie
23-05-2014, 07:21 PM
Cook did fairly well for us and would have been an asset in the third - difficult to find unorthodox leftsided forwards. But you're right Tim in saying that he may find fife fans a bit less supportive than Lichties have been. It all depends on how their team fares

It's been interesting to observe the doom and gloom of the Fifers who pipped us. Maybe Lichties have been too indulgent

Even at this level players seem to move around frequently. You just don't find the one-club players much any more