PDA

View Full Version : Tony Hibbert To Get New Contract Offer

alan_stubbs
15-05-2014, 09:31 PM
Roberto Martinez to offer Tony Hibbert a new deal.

Everton boss Roberto Martinez has revealed that plans are afoot to offer Tony Hibbert a new contract.

The Spaniard stated that he still feels that the long-serving defender has a lot to offer at Goodison Park, despite Seamus
Coleman's emergence as one of the Premier League's outstanding right-backs.

Martinez told reporters: "We're already sitting down and we want to share how Tony feels and how that conversation is going to go because, in my eyes, Tony has got a lot to offer at Everton still and we need to make sure that [the talks reach] a positive outcome.

"Maybe, in a couple of key moments, he's picked up a couple of injuries that have stopped him playing more but I do value his contribution at the club and his experience and I would love to keep a character like Tony Hibbert, who means so much to us.

"He's played such a significant role and sometimes the fans don't see that. Sometimes you can get misled because you do

notnever
16-05-2014, 11:16 AM
[p]
Reliable, dependable, cheap, unfussy professional

Invaluable now we have the europe games

Really hope he stays

[p]

Everton_Freak
16-05-2014, 01:18 PM
Agree with that profile NN. Same as P Neville was all about that leadership quality presence at the back that kept heads up and feet grounded, so will Tony Hobbit be the same.

Loves the club as well seen him in the stands a few times not making or inviting a fuss.

Can see him finishing here/coaching our young defenders too.

notnever
19-05-2014, 02:50 PM
[p]
Talking of Neville, with all the staff ins & outs currently happening at Man Utd, wonder if he will become available again ?

Martinez could do worse than getting him back here on our coaching team.
[p]