PDA

View Full Version : Tannoy message caused pitch invasion.

JohnLeedsMiller
16-05-2014, 11:55 AM
I noticed last night that when the message came over the tannoy system for people to stay off the pitch there was a really loud high pitched noise. I don't know if this was feedback or the sound to signify the start of the message. I thought at the time that it sounded like the refs whistle. Then when I watched the highlights when I got back last night I noticed that this seemed to trigger the pitch invasion and also sounded like a whistle on the TV.

Did anyone else notice this?

retsac
16-05-2014, 12:35 PM
I'm sorry but if you look again you will see that it was the morons who ran on pitch that were at fault, every body came on here after the wolves game slating their supporters for doing the same (more times admittedly)so same should apply to our supporters.

jolly_roger
16-05-2014, 12:40 PM
Yes the fault with the tannoy system caused an electrical short circuit. 10000 volts were sent through the seats causing unsuspecting supporters to be ejected over the barrier and the line of stewards onto the pitch.

You cant educate pork

millertop
16-05-2014, 12:43 PM
Think it encourages them when it's announced all the time, might be best not to mention it then they wouldn't have run on pitch until the final whistle

Deepmidwinter
16-05-2014, 12:46 PM
Morons don't need encouragement. That mindless action could have stopped the game. Not a brain between them

Corner
16-05-2014, 12:46 PM
Sure the tannoy message started off as "stay off the pitch" and then got changed to "stay off the pitch until after the final whistle" which sort of gave the all clear for people to go on!

Gainsbro_Miller
16-05-2014, 01:18 PM
I'm sorry but if you look again you will see that it was the morons who ran on pitch that were at fault, every body came on here after the wolves game slating their supporters for doing the same (more times admittedly)so same should apply to our supporters.

I was in the Family Stand in the SE bottom corner and was keeping an eye on the ref to see when he was going to blow.
There was strange 'whistle' noise from the PA above us and the 'morons' invaded the pitch.

I don't condone the premature invasion but can understand why they did it.

Miller4eva
16-05-2014, 01:40 PM
yes i often shout get in when I'm out shopping in asda when the tannoy announcement for extra till staff blurts out thinking its the final whistle at a game.

Too much ale and handle and can't are the words that spring to mind.

But saying that at least they are our idiots arn't they.

UTM

JohnLeedsMiller
16-05-2014, 01:52 PM

I was in the Family Stand in the SE bottom corner and was keeping an eye on the ref to see when he was going to blow.
There was strange 'whistle' noise from the PA above us and the 'morons' invaded the pitch.

I don't condone the premature invasion but can understand why they did it.[/quote]

That was my point. I slated the wolves fans on here and was up out of my seat when the idiots ran on last night. I was also in the family stand and heard something that sounded like a double whistle followed by stay off the pitch. Have a look on the highlights if you don't believe me.

kempo
16-05-2014, 01:59 PM
it certainly was the tannoy message that did it...me and IBS were quietly contemplating the win with a minute to go when we heard the tannoy...within seconds we had vaulted several seats and heads and just beat zilzal who was also hot footing it onto the greenstuff chased by a burly steward.

frecks said to me...its not over yet squire...I said f..uck that for a game of soldiers, I heard a whistling noise like a whistle...I then fell over and a nice steward helped me back into the crowd...not seen IBS and zil since!

tanksandy
16-05-2014, 02:00 PM
no excuses last night.

absolutely appalling and completely ruined the brilliant atmosphere in the last 5 minutes.

people who cant handle their ale, who just turn up for the big games and spoil it for others.

PONDLIFE

Lasterman
16-05-2014, 02:09 PM
Tannoy is what triggered it, but if the tossers hadn't been standing on the edge of the pitch already, it wouldn't have happened at all. Good to see the idiots getting booed though. Just hope there are no repercussions.

fivetide
16-05-2014, 02:13 PM
Tannoy is what triggered it, but if the tossers hadn't been standing on the edge of the pitch already, it wouldn't have happened at all. Good to see the idiots getting booed though. Just hope there are no repercussions.

Sadly we have a suspended fine for the same thing previously so that will get actioned I'd think, possibly with an addition.

At least a number of them, all wearing their trackies proudly, were broadcast to the nation in HD so shouldn't be too hard for plod to find and pass the invoice to.

Heman
16-05-2014, 02:19 PM
If they couldn't tell the difference between a whistle and a bing-bong then there is no hope for them.

Stop making excuses - they knew what they were doing. Choosing to ignore all the requests so that they could act like bell ends.

millertop
16-05-2014, 02:30 PM
Blame the stewards as well, wasn't anywhere near enough at the south/east side who actually ran on the pitch first.

At the north stand the stewards let them stand in front of the boarding instead of behind the boardings.

gramiller1959
16-05-2014, 04:26 PM
ive heard some excuses for being a dick head but this takes the biscuit XD

Play
16-05-2014, 04:55 PM
It's a public address system.
Tannoy is a brand and it's not the one used in our stadium.

Additionally, blaming the PA system "bing bong" entirely for a pitch invasion is the equivalent of blaming SY police entirely for the Hillsborough disaster...

gramiller1959
16-05-2014, 04:57 PM
did it sound like a bell ?

was it the bell for bellends ?

ParkgateMiller
16-05-2014, 06:23 PM
[quote="Corner" which sort of gave the all clear for people to go on![/quote]

Exactly! Can someone tell me why we pay the useless Stewards? (Useless bar-stewards!).

Deepmidwinter
16-05-2014, 06:27 PM
I stongly believe that Hitler only invaded Poland after attending a football match in Berlin and hearing a tannoy announcement asking everyone to respect national borders

CaptainDonjer
16-05-2014, 06:40 PM
Absolute idiots the lot of em, I have never understood the need to go pn pitch even after match, most of the ones that came on before end looked like kids but what where those 3 blokes doing that marched on infront on home dugouts and where probably last to leave the pitch , they where old enough to know better!

Also if you do insist on running on at end why make a bee line towards the away fans to goad them, again grown men amongst this number ? What exactly where you looking to achieve ? If it is making yourself look like a nob head on tv then congratulations.

Hopefully the wembley trip won't be ruined by some of the knuckle draggers who attend the big games !

tom12026
16-05-2014, 09:08 PM
With regard to the Public Address System,I sit in the east stand and I,along with everyone sitting nearby,cannot make head nor tale of what is said on it.:blue: :blue:

millmoorlane
16-05-2014, 09:35 PM
If they couldn't tell the difference between a whistle and a bing-bong then there is no hope for them.

Stop making excuses - they knew what they were doing. Choosing to ignore all the requests so that they could act like bell ends.

Depends where you were Heman.

The tannoy in the Family Stand where I was was utterly hopeless.

They were clearly going on the pitch at the earliest opportunity (which is daft) but the tannoy over that side was essentially just sound. You couldn't hear anything specific (and the bing bong before the garbled police messages did sound like a whistle).

Not condoning any of the behaviour at all. They're a bunch of idiots who want banning (or alternatively, they want to have a line of riot police and dogs in front of them, see how funny they find it then).

millmoorlane
16-05-2014, 09:37 PM
It's a public address system.
Tannoy is a brand and it's not the one used in our stadium.

Additionally, blaming the PA system "bing bong" entirely for a pitch invasion is the equivalent of blaming SY police entirely for the Hillsborough disaster...

Maybe we should get Tannoy in as the PA system we've got is ****e.

jolly_roger
16-05-2014, 09:40 PM
The bing bong theory, hardly rocket science is it?

Deepmidwinter
16-05-2014, 10:01 PM
With regard to the Public Address System,I sit in the east stand and I,along with everyone sitting nearby,cannot make head nor tale of what is said on it.:blue: :blue:

That's right. The guy on the PA didn't say anything about going on to the field of play. He forgot to switch off the system while his wife was on his mobile nagging him not to be late for his supper.He actually said "All right don't keep going on you bitch"

millertop
16-05-2014, 10:06 PM
Tbh I wish someone would shove the PA system or whatever it is up their behinds.

Will the green team leader...
Will the owner of a car...
:blue:
Will the men in white coats please take them away ;D

Deepmidwinter
16-05-2014, 10:08 PM
Tbh I wish someone would shove the PA system or whatever it is up their behinds.

;D
Then they really would be talking out of their ars*s

LiAmOfRuFc
17-05-2014, 01:10 AM
Blame the stewards as well, wasn't anywhere near enough at the south/east side who actually ran on the pitch first.

At the north stand the stewards let them stand in front of the boarding instead of behind the boardings.

I think the problem is on excitable occasions like these you're never going to stop pitch invasions, unless you have 11.000 stewards they're going to be outnumbered by home support. Although I also think it's tradition, and I don't have a problem with it. It's not like it happens every game, and most just want to run over to Tony and thank him, which I think is quite nice and he seems to enjoy it as much as us!

Pitch invading before the final whistle has always annoyed me though, no need for it.

millavanilla
17-05-2014, 01:29 AM
A ridiculous stupid system that needs toning down...

Heman
17-05-2014, 07:15 AM

Brilliant. :-)

shiregreenmillers
17-05-2014, 08:18 AM
no excuses last night.

absolutely appalling and completely ruined the brilliant atmosphere in the last 5 minutes.

people who cant handle their ale, who just turn up for the big games and spoil it for others.

PONDLIFENo excuses don't make me laugh :/ :/ Get a life you sad old man :(

Mattthemiller157
17-05-2014, 08:57 AM
If people running on the pitch early ruined the game for you, you need to a get grip. I didn't, but you have to be very sad to let that ruin what was a fantastic game.

JohnLeedsMiller
17-05-2014, 10:50 AM

Very good Sheldon >:) >:) :D

jolly_roger
17-05-2014, 10:55 AM
Go on then...you've lost me with Sheldon :?

Explain?

JohnLeedsMiller
17-05-2014, 11:04 AM
No excuses, my point was that don't you think its ironic that the message on the PA (or Tannoy) saying "stay off the pitch" actually triggered what it was trying to stop.

If it was up to me I would ban anyone on the pitch before the final whistle. That includes the 1000 or so who ran on at the end of last season. If they made a load of examples of people it would stop. Its a criminal offense caught on camera and I don't understand why they don't enforce the law.

For me after the final whistle is fine in circumstances like the other night.

At Wolves the genuine Wolves fans sang where were you when we were **** at the idiots on the pitch. The same applies to us. The bigger you get the more idiots you attract.

JohnLeedsMiller
17-05-2014, 11:07 AM
Go on then...you've lost me with Sheldon :?

Explain?

If you haven't seen it its very funny. See link below. - view external link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Big_Bang_Theory)

redandgreen
17-05-2014, 03:51 PM
Maybe we need to install at pitch level, that white noise that corner shops in dodgy areas use to disperse juvenile delinquents from hanging around outside asking adults to buy them cigs or cheap lager.

The stewards even let that clown who kicked the ball, back into the crowd (and I don't mean Kevin Davies).

Unfortunately this premature invasion is seen as a tradition by far too many idiots, the solution may have to be to and shame (if they have any)

millmoorlane
17-05-2014, 08:19 PM
The solution is to police it properly.

1. Ban anyone going on the field of play and prosecute them. (Its not a field of play when the match has finished).

2. Don't allow people out of the stand and onto the touchline.

3. Use police dogs. See how many fancy a race against Fido.

Deepmidwinter
17-05-2014, 08:21 PM

1. Ban anyone going on the field of play and prosecute them. (Its not a field of play when the match has finished).

Fido? - you dropper you

jolly_roger
17-05-2014, 08:22 PM
...or maybe the return of barriers, like the temporary ones they put up for segregation on New York Way.

Might be drastic but if the numpties dont learn then maybe it's the only way.

millmoorlane
17-05-2014, 08:27 PM
Nah - cages are for animals. Just use sensible powers to stop people doing whatever they like. As soon as fans left their seats to go down the front then they were always going on the pitch during play. Imagine if Davies has scored on about 95 minutes. It'd have been chaos.

Just police it properly and job done. In reality, we'll have to wait until both sets of fans decide to do it and scrap in the middle before people will take note.

JohnLeedsMiller
18-05-2014, 09:52 AM

Agree with all of that. I actually thought about suggesting using police dogs yesterday but thought that everyone would say it was a backwards step. Back to the 80s and all that. But its right. 3 or 4 police dogs would stop this from happening full stop. You wouldn't need hundreds of ineffective stewards as well. It would probably be cheaper.

deano_83
18-05-2014, 11:56 AM
Why why why why why why every single ferking time do our fans focus and bring attention to anything remotely negative?

About 20 excited idiots probably ran on the pitch for about 30 seconds before they were cleared off, yet it develops into one of the most replied to threads after one of the best nights we've ever had watching Rotherham?

Nobody gave a toss when Frecks got the winner last year? The vast majority of fans who went on the pitch waited at the front until the final whistle so why focus on the odd few.

Sorry lads, some of you need to get a life big time.

Adventus2012
18-05-2014, 12:00 PM
Why why why why why why every single ferking time to our fans focus and bring attention to anything remotely negative?

About 20 excited idiots probably ran on the pitch for about 30 seconds before they were cleared off, yet it develops into one of the most replied to threads after one of the best nights we've ever had watching Rotherham?

Nobody gave a toss when Frecks got the winner last year? The vast majority of fans who went on the pitch waited at the front until the final whistle so why focus on the odd few.

Like button pressed. Well said Deano!!

millertop
18-05-2014, 12:03 PM
Why why why why why why every single ferking time to our fans focus and bring attention to anything remotely negative?

20? Open your eyes.
We were all excited still time for another goal seeing as we were on the attack, then bang fans on the pitch which yes did spoil it, morons.
Final whistle no problems.

Get a life yourself.

And I'm not going to argue, waste of time.

deano_83
18-05-2014, 12:06 PM
We were amongst those chanting to them to get off, but it hardly spoiled the atmosphere did it lets be honest and wouldnt be at the front of my mind to mention on a messageboard. It was a few from the bottom end who probably go about twice a season so why let it bother you?

Que sera sera though and all that...

millmoorlane
18-05-2014, 12:06 PM
Deano - its because we all love our club and want this to stop before something daft happens.

It only takes a few idiots running on having a go at an opposition player for there to be a serious issue. We had it with Ellison last year. Imagine if the fans had got to him and he'd chinned them. If one idiot the other night had gone and had a pop at their keeper, you then have a situation where their fans might pile on to help him out.

Do we need that to happen before we start to say that this behaviour doesn't represent us or what we want our club to be?

If you were born in 83 then you probably don't remember the really bad times too much but people thinking it was good running onto the pitch and goading the opposition quickly turned into full on riots.

I remember being at Belle Vue with fans lobbing concrete blocks at each other.

That all stems from people excusing behaviour like this as "just a few people getting too excited".

In reality, it's ****ers being ****ers. Anyone wh

deano_83
18-05-2014, 12:10 PM
Don't patronise me with the age thing i've been around the block long enough. And yes I went on the pitch at full time with most others and not before.

Notice nobody mentioned PNE fans chucking coins and pop bottles at the end? The majority of Millers fans went to clap the PNE support but as usual people make up what they like on here.

The behaviour of a minority isn't excusable it's just pointless banging a drum over after such a great occasion. A few giddy kippers that was it in my eyes.

Millertop - wasn't arguing pal it's a board for opinions so i've given mine. I understand others concerns just don't necessarily agree.

howdydoo
18-05-2014, 12:21 PM
Don't patronise me with the age thing i've been around the block long enough.

Notice nobody mentioned PNE fans chucking coins and pop bottles at the end?

The behaviour isn't excusable it's just pointless banging a drum over after such a great occasion. A few giddy kippers that was it.

No real surprise, you haven't mentioned the Rotherham fans throwing them back.

Guess what?

If these morons from the home stands hadn't run on the pitch and taunted the PNE fans, that wouldn't have occurred either.

Certainly more than 20 ran straight to that corner of the pitch.

If a bottle or coin had seriously injured a kid on the pitch or in the stands, what would you be saying about those giddy kippers then.

Biggest shame for me was the fan who came on the pitch and kicked the ball. When he fell over, pity he didn't break his neck. Never happens does it though?

The giddy kippers who set of this behaviour never really suffer. Shame.

shiregreenmillers
18-05-2014, 12:23 PM
Don't patronise me with the age thing i've been around the block long enough.

Notice nobody mentioned PNE fans chucking coins and pop bottles at the end? The majority of Millers fans went to clap the PNE support but as usual people make up what they like on here.

The behaviour isn't excusable it's just pointless banging a drum over after such a great occasion. A few giddy kippers that was it.Oh Yes i did ;) ;) Can we all just chill out >;) >;)

deano_83
18-05-2014, 12:36 PM
A lot of what if's in there howdy. Didn't see anyone kick a ball, we were stood at the front waiting for the normal invasion at full time to celebrate and a lot were blocking the view for the duration of injury time.

Actually sounds like you were closer than me.

Let the authorities deal with anything they need to with anyone that wants to misbehave, too many like to make it their business although this site is only a minority of our fan base.

We had a great night without a spot of bother.

Shame if you let a few bother you.

Enjoy Wembley.

JohnLeedsMiller
18-05-2014, 12:38 PM
Don't patronise me with the age thing i've been around the block long enough. And yes I went on the pitch at full time with most others and not before.

The behaviour of a minority isn't excusable it's just pointless banging a drum over after such a great occasion. A few giddy kippers that was it in my eyes.

Millertop - wasn't arguing pal it's a board for opinions so i've given mine. I understand others concerns just don't necessarily agree.

"The majority of Millers fans went to clap the PNE support but as usual people make up what they like on here."

Really... See link... - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8pwMc9s6OA)

shiregreenmillers
18-05-2014, 12:43 PM
Even i saw the lad run on the pitch and kick the ball away Deano ..
The problem with this forum is people love to run the fans down :( :(

deano_83
18-05-2014, 12:47 PM

"The majority of Millers fans went to clap the PNE support but as usual people make up what they like on here."

Really... See link...[/quote]

I'm not interested in looking mate, just commenting on what I initially saw from the half way line as a lot did of

deano_83
18-05-2014, 12:52 PM
Even i saw the lad run on the pitch and kick the ball away Deano ..
The problem with this forum is people love to run the fans down :( :(

Not been on since Thursday mate til now and the majority are still whinging on numerous threads i've glanced at.

It depresses you.

Maybe I was a bit harsh in my initial response so I apologise.

The main point was if anything needs dealing with just leave it to the bobbies. Seems like a few have seen more than I did so fair play.

Off back out in the sun for a beer.

redandgreen
18-05-2014, 12:53 PM
Why why why why why why every single ferking time do our fans focus and bring attention to anything remotely negative?

I've seen the youtube link and if that's applauding the Preston fans...

Deano, you are wrong that no one minded last season, when the crowd came onto the field early and trampled on Frecklington. Some of the 'fans' were actually on the field of play before he even shot! And where were the majority of vacated seats... at the top of the kop! i'm sure there were plenty o

JohnLeedsMiller
18-05-2014, 01:02 PM

Really... See link...[/quote]

I'm not interested in looking mate, just commenting on what I initia

deMiller
18-05-2014, 01:04 PM

Agree with all of that. I actually thought about suggesting using police dogs yesterday but thought that everyone would say it was a backwards step. Back to the 80s and all that. But its right. 3 or 4 police dogs would stop this from happening full stop. You wouldn't need hundreds of ineffective stewards as well. It would probably be cheaper.[/quote]

I guess you don't have to pay a dog a wage do you. B)

deano_83
18-05-2014, 01:09 PM
If you're seriously comparing the madness of the Swansea game to last Thursday then i'm done here.

You'll always get the minority acting the goat it's all they know.

We could discuss til the cows come home but it's too nicer day outside.

shiregreenmillers
18-05-2014, 01:13 PM
If you're seriously comparing the madness of the Swansea game to last Thursday them i'm done here.

We could discuss til the cows come home but it's too nicer day outside.Dean It's Time to get drunk mate just log off O:) O:) I Will See You at wembley ;) ;)

millertop
18-05-2014, 01:13 PM
Yes the lad who kicked the ball came from the north stand so some wouldn't have noticed him, he then fell over, stewards trying to get him up (don't know if helping or going to kick him out) but he then tried to cause a fight with the stewards .

We see things some don't, different opinions so maybe saying some need to get a life wasn't needed.

Like I've said after whistle no problem.

redandgreen
18-05-2014, 01:23 PM
If you're seriously comparing the madness of the Swansea game to last Thursday then i'm done here.

You'll always get the minority acting the goat it's all they know.

We could discuss til the cows come home but it's too nicer day outside.

Depends what you mean. The invasions by both sets of fans upset her, not the trouble and fatality down Millmoor Lane.

My 'issue' is that it seems to be acceptable by some of us and not so by others, perhaps I might call the the majority? If an invasion has to take place, what are these people doing in front of the barriers before the end?