PDA

View Full Version : spurs defence v saints defence

danegee
17-05-2014, 01:03 PM
Chambers/clyne, Fonte, Lovren/yoshida, Shaw ...is it any better than Walker/naugton Dawson/kaboul Vertonghen/chirches Rose/Naughton.

Would you take Chambers over Walker
would you take Shaw over Rose
Would you take Dawson over Lovren?

One thing that has me worried, seeing as it's looking ever more likely, is that despite Pochettino's good, exciting football, he was a actually a defender and I haven't seen great displays from them in that area. He has arguably had a more consistent, solid back 4 -if not better than ours all season, Chambers. Lovren and Shaw all wanted by top clubs - yet have they really been better defensively?
They conceded just 4 goals less than us -which is amazing - and only managed to score one more.
I find that defensive stat strange, especially from a coach that was a defender.
The scoring stat is not all that better either is it?

I would be worried that MP can not sort us out defensively. Let's face it, that's where we need to start. We have been an embarra

danegee
22-05-2014, 12:30 PM
[quote="danegee"]Chambers/clyne, Fonte, Lovren/yoshida, Shaw ...is it any better than Walker/naugton Dawson/kaboul Vertonghen/chirches Rose/Naughton.

Would you take Chambers over Walker
would you take Shaw over Rose
Would you take Dawson over Lovren?

One thing that has me worried, seeing as it's looking ever more likely, is that despite Pochettino's good, exciting football, he was a actually a defender and I haven't seen great displays from them in that area. He has arguably had a more consistent, solid back 4 -if not better than ours all season, Chambers. Lovren and Shaw all wanted by top clubs - yet have they really been better defensively?
They conceded just 4 goals less than us -which is amazing - and only managed to score one more.
I find that defensive stat strange, especially from a coach that was a defender.
The scoring stat is not all that better either is it?

I would be worried that MP can not sort us out defensively. Let's face it, that's wh