PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Wednesday Player scores in Scottish Cup Final

OwlsFan
17-05-2014, 09:56 PM
Always liked McLean and was sorry to see him leave. He had some bad injuries when playing for us but still scored regularly.

braggyowl
18-05-2014, 11:33 AM
Agreed, great player was steve.

The triple substitution Sturrock made in the play off final in 2005 at the millenium Stadium always sticks in my mind...Steve was one of them (not fully fit) and came on and scored the pen..Hearts were racing but he stepped up cool as a cucumber and slotted the ball home.

He was always my lads favourite player as well..Good owd Steve. - view external link (https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1152&bih=585&q=steve+maclean+scoring+pen+at+millenium&oq=s)

braggyowl
18-05-2014, 11:35 AM
I'm still w@nk at links!!! :blue:

hirstyboywonder
18-05-2014, 11:49 AM
Agreed, great player was steve.

The triple substitution Sturrock made in the play off final in 2005 at the millenium Stadium always sticks in my mind...Steve was one of them (not fully fit) and came on and scored the pen..Hearts were racing but he stepped up cool as a cucumber and slotted the ball home.

He was always my lads favourite player as well..Good owd Steve.

Top man for us that season MacLean, good to see him score in a big game yesterday.

aussieowl
22-05-2014, 12:09 AM
Good player for us...didn't he only score tap ins & penalties..;)

hirstyboywonder
22-05-2014, 04:09 PM
Good player for us...didn't he only score tap ins & penalties..;)

Some would have you believe that, they would also say that penalties and tap ins don't hold the same value!

He won most of the pens he scored himself and I wouldn't mind having a striker that got into the position to score a tap in every other game.