PDA

View Full Version : World Cup 2014

meatismurder
19-05-2014, 01:11 PM
Only 24 days until the "greatest show on earth" kicks off.

Who do you think has a realistic chance of winning it?

Due to the climate I really cannot see a European winner, so I think it has to be Brazil.

Hammerman69
19-05-2014, 01:27 PM
[quote="meatismurder" kicks off.

Due to the climate I really cannot see a European winner, so I think it has to be Brazil.[/quote]

Brazil for me meat followed by Argentina and Columbia
Best European will be Germany.
Dark horse will be Belgium
Holland will look good before imploding into a maelstrom of infighting
England will be ****
Uruguay for the semis

meatismurder
19-05-2014, 01:32 PM
Yeah, agree with all of that Hammerman.

Damn, why am I agreeing with a Wet Spam fan? :blue: ;D

BlackDiamond
19-05-2014, 03:39 PM
Actually disagree. Brazil out before the semis.Huge unrest in the country.

First time a European team wins in S.America.

You read it here first. All on the QT. And very,Hush,Hush

harlow_yid
19-05-2014, 03:44 PM
Don't think Belgium a dark horse as everyone I know is putting their money on them. Great players, should do well can see them winning it.

Hammerman69
19-05-2014, 03:55 PM
Many teams packed with great players have failed. I guess I have them as dark horses because they have not played in a big tournament for so long.

Hammerman69
19-05-2014, 03:55 PM
Actually disagree. Brazil out before the semis.Huge unrest in the country.

First time a European team wins in S.America.

You read it here first. All on the QT. And very,Hush,Hush

Which one then ? :?

dogara
20-05-2014, 03:17 AM
Could be Australia. They're European.

I'm baking a celebratory struddle just in case.

Aussie! Aussie! Aussie! yodelayheehoo!

EngNor
20-05-2014, 06:33 AM

Due to the climate I really cannot see a European winner, so I think it has to be Brazil.[/quote]

The greatest show on earth, don`t think the Yanks would agree with that Meat, they have the world series, of which only clubs from their own soil can play. ;)

Just not going to be the same without the mighty West Ham competing, ;D so I`m putting my dosh on Argentina to cheat scream and kick their way to WC glory. Zee Germans and Poirot`s to be the best hope for Europe.

danegee
21-05-2014, 06:50 PM
Don't write the Spaniards off.
The favs are Brazil, Spain or Argentina.
However, France are a decent bet.
They have a great keeper, good defenders, midfielders and forwards and they can play.
Deschamps has seemed to have weeded out all the trouble makers and picked a unified squad.
If they do not self destruct I think they have a great chance.
I'm going for France from Europe
Brazil from S.A.

England will be lucky to get out of the group.
Chile gave us a footballing lesson and I can see us getting another by Uruguay. Plus they have the cheating Suarez.

Anyway if we finish 2nd we then have a slight chance of making the QF's when we could then meet Brazil.

Honestly we haven't got a hope.

Funny enough this time there does not seem to be the usual delusional hysteria that accompanies England in the WC finals and people seem to have realised that we are shi-t :)
Looking at England I'd say we are on par with Croatia.
We are officially ranked lower than Greece, Switzerland and Uruguay

harlow_yid
21-05-2014, 09:19 PM
I just don't understand it. U17 won the European championship again the U21s make regular semi/quarter finals yet the seniors are... well average at best.

What happens to these players when they make the step up ffs.

Tone_Loc
24-05-2014, 08:43 AM

The climate is only a problem in the north.
From Belo Horizonte southwards, the mid-winter over there is no warmer than a spring day and in the far south it will be fairly chilly.

So it may well come down to where you play as much as who you play.

Games 2 and 3 for England will be comfortable temperatures and not too humid as SP and BH are at an elevation and both inland

meatismurder
04-06-2014, 09:16 AM
Looks like Woy is taking no chances. ;D

"England captain Steven Gerrard has revealed the squad have been practising penalties "a lot" but insists they will not become obsessed with spot kicks.
Of England's last 10 major tournaments, six have ended in a penalty shootout."

danegee
04-06-2014, 11:34 AM
I just don't understand it. U17 won the European championship again the U21s make regular semi/quarter finals yet the seniors are... well average at best.

What happens to these players when they make the step up ffs.

The u21 squad of 23 that made the final of the EC in 2009 had Rose, Hart, Cattermole, Gibbs, abonglohor, Walcoot, Noble, Milner and Adam Johnson who are still playing in the top flight.
Under half.

Of those only Hart and Milner are in the WC squad 5 years later.

The picking of Walcott, who had not played an EPL game, over defoe, who had played and done well in every qualifier, as Walcoot was an England star of the future and needed to be bedded in and taken for the holiday about sums up the FA and English football.

We now have a squad of mostly players who have had one good season in the EPL, i.e., Shaw, Sturridge, Lalana, Barkley and Henderson.
If Smalling and Jones are also the two best back up defenders we

davee59
12-06-2014, 12:58 PM
Looks like Woy is taking no chances. ;D

"England captain Steven Gerrard has revealed the squad have been practising penalties "a lot" but insists they will not become obsessed with spot kicks.
Of England's last 10 major tournaments, six have ended in a penalty shootout."

I heard that they were practising pens without a goalkeeper!! Crazy if you ask me.

As to who wins the World Cup, I think that for the first time, a European team can win the Cup in South America.

I say Germany but I wouldn't rule out Spain.

meatismurder
12-06-2014, 07:38 PM
The wait, is almost over, only 22 minutes till kick off. B)

meatismurder
12-06-2014, 08:38 PM
Neymar = cheat

danegee
12-06-2014, 09:41 PM
Make that Fred too.
***** me has this ref been bought off or what?

Fred was actually falling and looking at the jap pleading for a pen before he was half way to the ground.
What a f- I king crock this game is.

Luiz just commits a penalty and nothing said ???
Refs been bought for definite

meatismurder
12-06-2014, 09:55 PM
Cheats.

DEVONSPUR
13-06-2014, 08:55 PM
Cheats.

Brazil will win it as they've obviously bought it just like Argentina in 1978!!

Whole game was a disgrace to football!!
>:( >:( >:(

meatismurder
14-06-2014, 05:59 AM
What a performance from the Dutch. :O

danegee
14-06-2014, 03:33 PM
What a performance from the Dutch. :O

Despite Costa conning a penalty.
The Ref made some awful decisions. The Spaniards only had to go down to get something. The linesmen made a few dodgy offsides too.
Robben got penalised for fouling Ramos(????) just before half time -when clear through on goal - when Ramos won the header ( the header that got nodded back to a clean through Robben) and went down when he realised Robben was off and away, please tell me what that was for?
I saw nothing.
Obviously their last meeting was fresh in the minds of the officials and the Spanish used it to their advantage.
As for Diego, I suppose we have more diving from Chelsea players to look forward to next season. I hate these f-ucking pundits who excuse this blatant cheating.
Henry: 'He was getting his balance". The fact is if he steps on someones foot and falls over it's not an intentional foul.
Rio: "as a defender you should never go to ground'

meatismurder
14-06-2014, 10:47 PM
England 1-1 Italy HT

Enjoyable game so far

EngNor
17-06-2014, 07:39 AM
Iran v Nigeria. FFS! :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

EngNor
17-06-2014, 07:49 AM
Jurgen doing it again with the US. Just their loud mouths that boil my piss. USA USA USA USA USA ETC ETC ETC ETC. FFS!

danegee2
17-06-2014, 02:13 PM
More controversy last night.
Muller acting like a girl, then Pepe doing his nut. Ref never even blew so he should have just got on with it and let Muller look the fool he was.
German bench applauding Muller aided sending off :blue:
Dixon and Chiles v Veira and Cannovaro ... :)
Great to see a a panel member and host actually speak the truth about the cheating, play acting w-ankers in football -Unlike all those ponces on the BBC.
Although it's predictable that the two Englishmen spoke out against simulation and the Frenchman and Italian condoned it.

Ronaldo shooting off down the tunnel in a huff ;)

Germany, Italy, France and the Dutch look good.
Argentian and Brazil looked unconvincing.
Although we lost v Italy, we didn't play that bad. Sort the right side of midfield out and we could do Uruguay who will be missing a key player, have an unfit -don't care what they say - Suarez, a dodgy keeper and suspect defence.

danegee
17-06-2014, 02:16 PM
More controversy last night.
Muller acting like a girl, then Pepe doing his nut. Ref never even blew so he should have just got on with it and let Muller look the fool he was.
German bench applauding Muller aided sending off :blue:
Dixon and Chiles v Veira and Cannovaro ... :)
Great to see a a panel member and host actually speak the truth about the cheating, play acting w-ankers in football -Unlike all those ponces on the BBC.
Although it's predictable that the two Englishmen spoke out against simulation and the Frenchman and Italian condoned it.

Ronaldo shooting off down the tunnel in a huff ;)

Germany, Italy, France and the Dutch look good.
Argentian and Brazil looked unconvincing.
Although we lost v Italy, we didn't play that bad. Sort the right side of midfield out and we could do Uruguay who will be missing a key player, have an unfit -don't care what they say - Suarez, a dodgy keeper and suspect defence.

That's me po

danegee
17-06-2014, 05:51 PM
Capthca bollo-cks doing my nut in.

Lots of self interest in the ITV game as Verts, Chadli and Moussa were all starting for Belgium and Nabil for Algeria.

Verts gives away a penalty and we have stupid Andros saying 'he don't like LB" when he plays there all the time for Belgium ffs.
Then the Mertens for the poor Chadli and Fellani for the predictable, hold on too long, Moussa and they both score.
Not a good day for the Spurs lot.

Bentaleb has been anonymous for Algeria too. Don't think I have heard his!

Anyway Belgium win, not with the help of our lot.

danegee
18-06-2014, 10:04 AM
Like the way South Korea play football.
Brazil don't look like anything to worry about at all in their first 2 games.
Lets be honest they cheated their way to getting a breakthrough in their opener.
Bar Lloris, I have been very disappointed with our lot Ekotto, Bentaleb, Dembele, Chadli, Vertonghen and Paulinho.
I suppose if they keep on having poor displays no one is going to want to buy them, but then is that a good thing or not? :)
The only one I would really bare not to lose is Lloris.
Why did we ever jog on Dos Santos? He had a good game v Cameroon and last night v Brazil.

He never got a chance at ours.

Anyway, roll on tomorrow. **** or bust.
I think if we sort out the left side of midfield (not the right as I mistakenly said previously) we have a good chance I think.
Give the LB a little more help and go at them with pace and quick passing and we might just shock them. A few shots and crosses to test their suspect keeper.
Ain't holding my breath though as, although on their fi

harlow_yid
18-06-2014, 07:49 PM
"Don't write the Spaniards off."

chi 2-0 esp HT

think a rather large female about to walk on stage dressed as a Valkyrie.

have loved this world cup. attacking football from the off. only really 1 dull game and Iran would of loved getting a point so fair play to them.

meatismurder
18-06-2014, 07:56 PM
Spain going home?

EngNor
18-06-2014, 10:48 PM
Adios Bourbon inbreds. LOL XD XD XD XD

meatismurder
19-06-2014, 07:13 PM
Must win game for England?

meatismurder
19-06-2014, 07:39 PM
It HAD to be Suarez...

meatismurder
19-06-2014, 08:32 PM
Shrek scores, 1-1

meatismurder
19-06-2014, 08:40 PM
Suarez again...

meatismurder
19-06-2014, 09:08 PM
Nice to see the Goons do their country proud.

Idiots cannot even get their flag the right way up.. XD

[img]http://tinyurl.com/qafjeff[img]

danegee
20-06-2014, 12:42 PM
There coming home, there coming home, there coming, England's coming home..
three lions and their shi-t, their bentley turbo's gleaming, a 100 grand a week, but win a game... you're dreaming.

danegee
21-06-2014, 03:20 PM
My tip from Europe, France, going very well, although I did take another Ai10 bet on Holland at 10-1.

Maybe England should have played a version of 433?
Henderson and Gerrard didn't do that well in a 4321 at poo, and soon moved an extra midfielder in with them in a 4312 diamond formation.
If Hodgson's plan was to take the performing players from Liverpool and emulate that form for England, then why not play sterling in the hole with Sturridge and Rooney up front with Hendrson (right), Gerrard ( the deepest midfielder) and either Wilshere/lallana (left ) and employ them as they play for Liverpool?
We looked devoid of ideas in the middle with Gerrard spraying hopeful long passes and Henderson just passing safe sideways and backwards and also totally outnumbered and overrun.

Anyway, truth is they had 2 decent chances and Suarez buried them.
We had the chances to score and didn't. Take them, we win.
We also did not take our chances in the italy game.

meatismurder
22-06-2014, 09:08 PM
Bentaleb going further than England?

meatismurder
23-06-2014, 08:00 AM
The ladyboy was seconds from going out.

davee59
23-06-2014, 12:53 PM
I see Postiga is still playing, sort of!!

"He comes form Portugaul he hates the arsenal, Postiga whooooooooooooooo" :D :D

meatismurder
24-06-2014, 07:03 PM
Suarez up to his old tricks again?

Hammerman69
25-06-2014, 11:21 AM
What a to$$er Suarez is !

meatismurder
26-06-2014, 09:37 PM
Super Jan :-)

meatismurder
29-06-2014, 06:16 PM
Robben = diving cheat?

meatismurder
01-07-2014, 09:58 PM
Super Jan having a great game.

danegee
02-07-2014, 11:40 AM
attracting admirers and maybe exiting for CL, whilst strengthening his bargaining point on the 2 yr option at the same time.

Looks like if Hugo does well we could lose him( for CL football) and Vertonghen too.

No doubts about Dembele and Chadli though as they can't get a game.

I have a really worrying feeling about this season. What we have is just not good enough to compete imo.
I fear we could lose Lloris and Vertonghen and then be really in the s-hit.
Also, if Pickles don't get his finger out and make a decision on the CPO, our stadium will be delayed, again, and the problems will mount.

It's mad as Liverpool get into the CL and they are signing and spending to stay there.
Why did we not do the same when we got there?
Everyone wants to sign for a club with CL football.
The objective for the club: get there and stay there.
Spurs achieve their aim of qualifying for the CL and of all the players that want CL football we sign Gallas on a free, Pinnear for £3m ( and loaned him back)

harlow_yid
02-07-2014, 11:50 AM
Worried about the coming season? I dont see why. We finished just 3 points off our best ever total. the new players from last season will have a full preseason and the injuries we had with Lamela should be over.

Liverpool are spending but A£25 for Lallana is over priced and they have a record of late of paying over the odds. Carrol for example.

They will lose teeth and if Lallana is the cover for that I see them not having a good season.

Pickles a gooner and been called out by Lammy to get it sorted.

Dont think any of out players will go this season. Levy has a record of getting one more out of them before selling on. (modric bale etc).

DEVONSPUR
03-07-2014, 10:32 AM
Worried about the coming season? I dont see why. We finished just 3 points off our best ever total. the new players from last season will have a full preseason and the injuries we had with Lamela should be over.

Liverpool are spending but Ai25 for Lallana is over priced and they have a record of late of paying over the odds. Carrol for example.

They will lose teeth and if Lallana is the cover for that I see them not having a good season.

Pickles a gooner and been called out by Lammy to get it sorted.

Dont think any of out players will go this season. Levy has a record of getting one more out of them before selling on. (modric bale etc).

And for once we've got a decent coach who commands respect from the players!

harlow_yid
03-07-2014, 11:58 AM
Think AVB did as well mate it was the media that didnt respect him.

meatismurder
05-07-2014, 06:55 AM
Neymar out with a broken bone in his back...ouch.

danegee
06-07-2014, 12:24 PM
Does anyone else think Krul was bang out of order walking 12 yards from the byline to confront the Costa Rican penalty takers, standing 2 feet from them, making gestures and muttering some bull sh-it in an attempt to put them off?
The Ref said something but allowed him to do it again.

Sad really that they had to stoop to such b-ollocks to beat a team that probably costs less than one of their players.

danegee
06-07-2014, 12:38 PM
Neymar out with broken bone in his back...ouch.

He's been doing my head in. Every time he walks on or off the pitch he's looking to see if he's on the screen. As invariably he is, he then starts hugging his team mates, in a needless, excessive manner with a delusive show of 'oneness' -when I, Neymar, am No1 - showing us his brazil pants or doing his f-ucking hair.

When he done Modric, he looked up at the screen, saw he was on it and proceeded to but his hair back in place...wan-ker

Turning up for a FIFA interview with Beats by Dre headphones (which he knew was prohibited) and a stupid hat with his on it...whats next left and right on his boots...c-unt he is.

Glad to see the back of the posing, egomaniac.

no pun intended.

DEVONSPUR
07-07-2014, 12:36 PM
Think AVB did as well mate it was the media that didnt respect him.

Quite!

I was referring to TS!

:s

meatismurder
08-07-2014, 07:43 PM
1st semi final, Germany vs Brasil.

A win for zee Germans O:)

meatismurder
08-07-2014, 08:27 PM
1st semi final, Germany vs Brasil.

A win for zee Germans O:)

4-0 to zee Germans after 25mins :O

harlow_yid
08-07-2014, 08:52 PM
Shocking play there by Brazil. If you ever get hammered like this there only one man that can save Brazil. They need sherwood managing them in four years time. Worked for us didn't it B)

meatismurder
08-07-2014, 08:58 PM
David Luiz, well worth £50m XD

meatismurder
08-07-2014, 09:39 PM
7-0 :O :O

meatismurder
09-07-2014, 08:26 PM
Robben vs Messi.

A win for the Dutch.

meatismurder
12-07-2014, 06:35 AM
3rd place play off tonight.

LVG's last game so going out on a high?

Or

Brazil to restore some pride...

meatismurder
13-07-2014, 11:03 AM
3rd place play off tonight.

LVG's last game so going out on a high?

Or

Brazil to restore some pride...

Obviously Brazil have NO pride, Taxi for Scolari

meatismurder
13-07-2014, 11:07 AM
The MOTD pundits pick their WC 11, would you pick anyone different, such as Luiz ;D

Manuel Neuer (Germany)
Philipp Lahm (Germany), Giancarlo Gonzalez (Costa Rica), Mats Hummels (Germany), Daley Blind (Netherlands)
Javier Mascherano (Argentina), Toni Kroos (Germany), Arjen Robben (Netherlands), Lionel Messi (Argentina)
James Rodriguez (Colombia), Thomas Muller (Germany)

danegee
13-07-2014, 12:04 PM
Messi? I have not sen anything special from him.

How good have Argentina been? Jose -esque (as tim would say) football.

And with Wenger using his work in Brazil as a chance to tap up Sanchez you have to ask..
Where were our reps...apparently trying to sign 19yr old Neilton from Santos ...who doesn't want to leave.
and.. as we have no new shirt for the new signings to pose in, are we waiting until after the new kit release to sign players?

meatismurder
13-07-2014, 07:01 PM
C'mon zee Germans...

meatismurder
14-07-2014, 06:00 AM
Scolari sacked, according to SSN

danegee
14-07-2014, 06:01 PM
Spurs to offer him the job in December? :)
'A WC winner that will get the best out of Sandro and Paulinho, blah blah blah and secure the long standing target Hulk ' ;)

meatismurder
14-07-2014, 08:32 PM
We do not need him, we have Poch.

COYS

Hammerman69
18-07-2014, 07:39 PM
The MOTD pundits pick their WC 11, would you pick anyone different, such as Luiz ;D

Manuel Neuer (Germany)
Philipp Lahm (Germany), Giancarlo Gonzalez (Costa Rica), Mats Hummels (Germany), Daley Blind (Netherlands)
Javier Mascherano (Argentina), Toni Kroos (Germany), Arjen Robben (Netherlands), Lionel Messi (Argentina)
James Rodriguez (Colombia), Thomas Muller (Germany)

Amazingly I would consider Demichelis for one of the CB places.

Also, I would pick either Ochoa, Howard or Keylor Navas for the GK...I don't get the whole Neuer love in...good keeper yes, but did he really have that much to do to be voted best GK ????