PDA

View Full Version : Take yourself back to July 2013...

gazisamiller
20-05-2014, 09:33 AM
Just as the season was about to start and our squad was in place, where did you predict we would finish and where would you have been happy to finish.

Me, I said we'd finish 10th but would have been happy with just staying up.

I'll try and remind myself of that whether we win or lose on Sunday. Its been a good season no matter what and I said a few months ago, it has felt like a promotion season. I hope I'm right.

Marko95
20-05-2014, 12:46 PM
I said we'd be like a Walsall or an MK Dons. Challenging for a while and on the fringes of the playoffs then as the season came to an end we'd just slightly drop off.

I agree with you though that this season has felt like a promotion winning season right from the start... even when we were 3-1 down at Crewe with 4 minutes left!
UTM

Heman
20-05-2014, 01:41 PM
I thought we would finish 10th but deffo above the blades.

The blades came good in the end but their team was really poor at the beginning of the season. We on the other hand have been pretty good more or less all season. We deserve to be in the play offs.

Where would I have been happy to be placed, probably about 15th or above.

I look back further - 2 admins and DVS. Simply being in NYS is like having your cake and eating it. Truth is DVS kicked the hell out of my desire and passion for the millers and I am only just getting it back to the pre-admin days.

axholme_miller
20-05-2014, 03:18 PM
I have to confess to thinking that we'd finish about 15th or 16th! Can't quite believe this.

millmoorlane
20-05-2014, 03:21 PM
I'm pretty certain I said mid-table with an outside shot at the play-offs if we absolutely stormed it.

In reality, I thought we'd have had a season like Bradford with a few decent bits, a few genuinely dodgy spells and staying up relatively comfortably...

PeteWaller
20-05-2014, 03:23 PM
I believed we would do well, especially with the midfield we had and this has been strengthened even more.

If we go up I think the same will happen... more strengthening and a good chance of a top half finish.

Then we dream some more ...

:D :D

Adventus2012
20-05-2014, 07:30 PM
Thought we would finish around mid table but would have been happy with staying up!

UTM :D

jolly_roger
20-05-2014, 07:35 PM
At the time I would have been happy with 12th with perhaps an FA Cup run up to round 3 or 4.

Whatever happens on Sunday it's been great.

gramiller1959
20-05-2014, 07:38 PM
i thought we would do well as we had footballers not cheating thugs more suited to league one than two .. but i would have been happy mid table :)

we knew he had built a team far too good for league two but how good has shocked most of us :)

Brin
20-05-2014, 08:01 PM
Had many sleeps since then but I think i posted something on consolidation and anything above mid table would be a massive bonus...hence me booking a firkin holiday thinking we wouldn't get any higher...>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Been a brilliant season though no matter what the outcome is...:D :D :D :D :D

merry_miller
20-05-2014, 08:13 PM
Pretty sure I put us down for midtable but play offs if we signed a 20 goal a season striker.

Luckily we had one in our ranks

rileyev
20-05-2014, 08:14 PM
Pretty sure I said we would finish 4th and play a small club from London in the play off final..

The above statement may be a lie!!! :D

villamiller
20-05-2014, 08:18 PM
thought we would finish top ..hence ...course ya can book an holiday our lass :D :D :D