PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from an OS Fan

Orient1
21-05-2014, 09:46 AM
Hi,

Orient fan in peace.

I must admit, it's odd seeing the Os in the media spotlight. Not used to it at all but no complaints.

I think it's gonna be a very tight game. Hard to call.

Both teams would have gone straight up in other years so one of us will be hard done by.

On scrolling through this board it seems there is a feeling that our fans are not to keen on you?

To be honest, I think there is a respect on how well you have done since coming up. It's true though, no-one likes Steve Evans :-)

Think most Os fans are wary of you lot and know how much ability you have, especially going forward.

Anyway, have a safe trip down to London although I obviously hope you lose.

May the best team win.

Prediction:

Heart Os 2- Millers 1

Head Os 1- Millers 2

Johno2012
21-05-2014, 09:52 AM
Orient1 - Spot on post, agree with most of that, I think the Evans hate is down to jealously for some fans, bottom line is he knows how to motivate teams and win games.

I agree its a coin toss of a game, BOTH teams good enough for promotion but I just think we will edge it on the big Wembley surface, with Agard and Tav's bursting down the flanks.

Anyway all the best for the day, I hope ALL Orient fans enjoy the occasion as much as we will and simple really, may the best team win.

millertop
21-05-2014, 09:57 AM
WEMBLEY is a big thing and it's down to the team to turn up on the day and not let nerves take over.

Two good sides, if they both turn up on the day it will be a tight game .

May the best team win

Rotherham United :D

coolschips
21-05-2014, 10:00 AM
welcome to millersmad orient :D
nice opening post ,,feel free to stick around a few days and enjoy the banter

shame neither your head or heart will be correct
as everyone knows wembley will turn you to jelly and the mighty millers will run out 4-0 winners XD XD XD

enjoy the day ,,

UTM

Orient
21-05-2014, 10:04 AM
Another Orient fan here.

I think most of us have no problem with Rotherham and are pleased another small team could be going up if we lose. The Evans hate isn't down to jealousy it is because he's hated amongst the football community because of his history and his temperament, although this year he's become much more gracious and settled down a lot. Still the history will never go away like that of the hate towards MK, bad comparison but similar.

Anyway all the best, both teams have had great seasons, both play football the way it should be done, should be an open game although probably a cagey first 20 minutes. We've got to keep Agard under wraps and Pringle will be marked in this game as opposed to Preston's game, but he's still a threat from deadball situations and if the game does become open.

I think the first goal will decide it as both teams prefer to play on the counter attack, game will hinge on the wingers (arguably both teams best players) and the midfield battle.

Safe

Orient1
21-05-2014, 10:06 AM
LOL..you lot are confident.

We will find out on Sunday.

Nothing to choose between us over 46 games.

I think we are better at the back while you are better going forward.

But as has been said. It'll be who turns up on the day. We are both capable of winning.

Don't think you will win 4-0 though XD X-D

coolschips
21-05-2014, 10:09 AM
reports in todays papers that slade is wanted by WBA
If you are to lose (heart says when) do you think that could be the deciding factor on wether are not he stays are goes ???

Orient1
21-05-2014, 10:13 AM
If you are to lose (heart says when) do you think that could be the deciding factor on wether are not he stays are goes ???

'IF' we lose, then it is possible.

His family live up north in Scarborough and you couldn't blame him for wanting to improve himself and have a shot at the top.

If (when) we win, then I think he'll stay as he loves it at Orient (4th longest serving manager in the country).

Let's hope it's not an issue :-)

Orient
21-05-2014, 10:14 AM
Ha, there's no way Slade will go to West Brom,

They'll never go for Slade, silly rumour

coolschips
21-05-2014, 10:18 AM

no no its in the sun gotta be right :D :D :D :D :D

Orient1
21-05-2014, 10:20 AM

no no its in the sun gotta be right :D :D :D :D :D[/quote]

Changed my mind. Certain it's true now.

the_idiotb_stardson
21-05-2014, 10:21 AM
I hate to say it and I hope I am wrong, but I think Orient will just shade it.

I really enjoyed watching them at NYS and there was a great cohesion about them. I liked the scruffy bloke with long hair. He reminded me of a few players St Etienne had in the 70's.

I like R. Slade as well.

Hope I'm wrong but O's to win 2-1

coolschips
21-05-2014, 10:23 AM
I hate to say it and I hope I am wrong, but I think Orient will just shade it.

I really enjoyed watching them at NYS and there was a great cohesion about them. I liked the scruffy bloke with long hair. He reminded me of a few players St Etienne had in the 70's.

I like R. Slade as well.

Hope I'm wrong but O's to win 2-1

now i know were ya get ya :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

millmoorlane
21-05-2014, 10:25 AM
LOL..you lot are confident.

We will find out on Sunday.

Nothing to choose between us over 46 games.

I think we are better at the back while you are better going forward.

But as has been said. It'll be who turns up on the day. We are both capable of winning.

Don't think you will win 4-0 though XD X-D

We're capable of having a 15 minute spell where we could score a few in quick succession. If we do that early then it could end up as a 4-0 type game.

In reality, that's pretty unlikely given how good you guys have been over the season.

Head & heart both say it'll be a tight game. I'll go 2-2 in normal time then a coin toss as to who takes it.

It'll come down to little things like the ref or who handles the pressure.

I'm hoping Arnie turns up.

Heman
21-05-2014, 10:47 AM
On Evans - he was a complete D***head when we first got him. No-one liked him and all were bewildered by the appointment. Last year - the night before the Bristol Rovers match the weather forecast was for heavy snow, so the ref and ref assessor stayed at my local hotel. In the sauna we had a conversation about how every game Evans gets reported and every game he F's and Jeffs. Ironically after that game Evans seems to have changed. It's as though the chairman has had a word and said "there's no need for it". Since then he has been much better. As for history - it's kind of getting old hat now. It's not as though he's a Lee Hughes or Ched Evans.

As for Slade, listening to him is a privilege. Honest and realistic. A credit to your club.

On marking Pringle, please do. If you try to you will fail and we will have the upper hand.

On calling the result - I genuinely think it's the equivalent of predicting the result of tossing a coin. 50 - 50 straight down the middle.

On our two meetings

Littlest_Hobo
21-05-2014, 10:55 AM
[quote="Heman". Since then he has been much better. As for history - it's kind of getting old hat now. It's not as though he's a Lee Hughes or Ched Evans.

As for Slade, listening to him is a privilege. Honest and realistic. A credit to your club.

On marking Pringle, please do. If you try to you will fail and we will have the upper hand.

On calling the result - I genuinely think it's the equivalent of predicting the result of tossing a coin. 50 - 50 str

ExeterMiller
21-05-2014, 10:58 AM
Gonna be good and surreal - Everyone connected with Sunday is looking forward to it. There's no animosity between us - so should be a great day out regardless of who wins on the day. If PNE had been there, they've got a lot of idiots. I feel much more confident this time than D&R a few years back and this is the first experience I can share with my 8yr old son, so it's definitely a bucket list moment.

Hope both teams perform how they can, (but obviously hope we score more!).

Anybody know when there'll be any definitive news on the engineers strike?

cuppa_cwoffee
21-05-2014, 11:38 AM
Slade to West Brom? Why is that so unbelievable? It's where Noddy Holder and his bandmates hail from isn't it?

XD

gwru
21-05-2014, 11:47 AM
OS fans Wembley is made for Tavernier and Frecklington. They're quick strong running players. Agard is more a threat for getting in good goalscoring positions. Pringle is not somebody who'll beat players to get his crosses in but from open play and free-kicks he's probably the best crosser in league 1.

deano_83
21-05-2014, 11:48 AM
Anything can and will probably happen.

Either way one set of fans will be choked. No place for losers or to 'have a day out' (hate that phrase with a passion).

We'll do whatever it takes to win the game.

Best of luck and safe trips down to everyone although for the O's it's only next door, just don't want a repeat of our Dagenham final 4 years back which I am dreading.

I think our key will actually be in the middle of midfield rather that out wide, whilst both sides have talent on the wings the battle between Vincelot (his antics with Gillingham still annoy me from last season at NYS) and Smallwood will be interesting.

I can't see Orient trying to keep any of our men quiet to be honest, both sides will focus on their own game and it's a big pitch for attacking talent to do it's thing.

Revs to fire another last minute winner against his former boys ;)

JohnLeedsMiller
21-05-2014, 11:59 AM
I personally don't think there is anything in it, but with so many attacking players I doubt its going to be a cagey 0-0, 1-0 either way. An early goal and it could be a cricket score.

My bets will be Tav first and last and Rotherham to get promoted (but I will be staying away from a straight win in 90 minutes).

RedRouge
21-05-2014, 12:04 PM
Enjoy your day Orient1. If we turn up with our A game the we are positive of the right result. We think our big players will perform on the biggest stage.

But...If we turn up with the other game i.e.Blunts game, then we are in trouble.

Enjoy

1tonytowner
21-05-2014, 12:05 PM
Just like to congratulate you lot on selling over 22,000 great support, we will struggle to reach 20,000 me thinks, ticket sales really slowing down now. Good look Sunday (not really), Rotherham 3 orient 1

ScarboroughMiller
21-05-2014, 12:17 PM

'IF' we lose, then it is possible.

His family live up north in Scarborough and you couldn't blame him for wanting to improve himself and have a shot at the top.

If (when) we win, then I think he'll stay as he loves it at Orient (4th longest serving manager in the country).

Let's hope it's not an issue :-)[/quote]

Any idea of his address? I'll pop over and have a chat re his tactics! >;)

Brin
21-05-2014, 12:29 PM
I just want to say how refreshing it is to see two sets of fans sharing their thoughts on what is a massive occasion for both clubs ... Well done everyone just how it should be...

Now as for the match ..it's fair to say you couldn't split hairs between both clubs performances this season.. A true 50/50 game...

One thing I will say in favour of our beloved Millers is we love playing away from home as the table has showed this season...therefore I cannot see anything other than a win for us... a cagey game played tight at times but our fitness levels will show in the last 15-20 minutes...2-0 win ...

To all the O's fans...enjoy the day/game you deserve to be there ...;D

PeteWaller
21-05-2014, 02:19 PM
Welcome to all O's fans.

Tight game I agree but I hope for everyone connected, that nerves don't take over. Both teams are great going forward and you lot know how to score goals. Feel if we turn up like others have said we will win.

Evans has calmed down this season but if we score a late winning goal, you watch him do a Mourinho down the touch line, there's nowt quite like it :D :D

I see he is doing his usual, saying all his players are available and chomping at the bit. When I say his usual, I mean he is trying to send a message to Slade about who may or may not be in the line up. I think Slade will have none of that malarkey and will concentrate solely on what his team are gonna do.

The stage is set for Frecks, Prings, Agard and Smallwood to get that midfield sewn up but will they bring their "A" game? Will Arnie have the right head on?

I'm with Deano on this, never mind having a nice day out.

We are RED, We are Rotherham United and we are going to win and I can't sleep

leedsmiller
21-05-2014, 03:35 PM
'A nice day out' is on a par with 'may the best team win'. This is winner takes all and no time for losers. That said if we don't win (and I really believe we will) I'll have no hesitation in applauding the Orient team, their supporters and manager for what will have been a tremendous achievement.

Interesting to know what the odds would have been pre-season on us and Orient contesting the play off final. Both have had an amazing season but at the end of the day for one of us, sadly, memories will be the only consolation.

gramiller1959
21-05-2014, 05:31 PM
Orient1 - Spot on post, agree with most of that, I think the Evans hate is down to jealously for some fans, bottom line is he knows how to motivate teams and win games.

I agree its a coin toss of a game, BOTH teams good enough for promotion but I just think we will edge it on the big Wembley surface, with Agard and Tav's bursting down the flanks.

Anyway all the best for the day, I hope ALL Orient fans enjoy the occasion as much as we will and simple really, may the best team win.

a nice post mate :) and as you say "may the best team win"

lets hope its a good game of football and not one ruined by the ref :(

thaimillerfan
21-05-2014, 06:19 PM
Well I think the away team will win the game, the result will be a draw 3-0 coming so close will not be tolerated by Sheffield weds & utd as we wave bye bye either way to one team and hello to the other.
Os Im sorry its not your time as you threw away what should have been automatic promotion and now this will play on the minds of your players and fans and again it will be what might have been .

pip_y
21-05-2014, 06:32 PM
Slade to West Brom? Why is that so unbelievable? It's where Noddy Holder and his bandmates hail from isn't it?

XD

Not quite, there from Wolverhampton.

Deepmidwinter
21-05-2014, 07:18 PM
I hope all Orient fans have a great day out like us. We have both earned the right to play on the big stage.

miller_Jam84
21-05-2014, 07:43 PM
Just like to congratulate you lot on selling over 22,000 great support, we will struggle to reach 20,000 me thinks, ticket sales really slowing down now. Good look Sunday (not really), Rotherham 3 orient 1

Around 7k will be arsenal, spurs and west ham fans. Question is if we were to reverse locations how many would orient take then. My guess is about 13k.

ivor_b_hardy
21-05-2014, 08:07 PM

XD

Not quite, there from Wolverhampton.[/quote]

Yes, and that is what i've always believed as well, until I googled Noddy Holder and discovered that he was actually born and brought up in Walsall.
I know that Walsall is just up the road from Wolverhampton but i recall that they (Slade) always referred to themselves as being from Wolverhampton in the "Black country".

wrinkly
21-05-2014, 08:49 PM
I'm with Deano and PeteWaller.
Not really a "nice day out" occasion.
I will try to have a great day but a defeat will spoil it.
Unfortunately a good day for a lot of our fans means getting legless.

Nice to have some friendly posts from Orient fans. I've loads of respect for what Orient have achieved. They are a club severely disadvantaged by having West Ham so close and soon to move into their own back yard.
So, good luck to them. I hope they are champions of league 1 next season ;D

Also, let's have less of "may the best team win" nonsense. I hope it's a good game, both sides play well and we are the better, and winning, team.

However I would much prefer for us to be garbage and win with a flukey goal than to lose under any circumstances.

This is serious - winning is all important.