PDA

View Full Version : The best album review ever?

ThisTimeNextYear
21-05-2014, 01:01 PM
Apart from he can't ****ing swear proper... Think he captures Coldplay quite well tbf - view external link (http://thequietus.com/articles/15274-coldplay-ghost-stories-review)

Munch_Magic
21-05-2014, 01:19 PM
I was about to gan mad with you then expecting to read what a cohesive album from that **** who writes on his arms.

I've calmed down a bit now, the link sums up Coldplay pretty well.

chalky-ncfc
21-05-2014, 04:24 PM
Its quite obvious that the reviewer hates Coldplay so why give him the album to review in the first play

Ive liked Coldplay since hearing Yellow on the radiogram and think that they are a very good band,Coldplay get constant stick from "music experts" but still their albums sell by the million,i loved the single Magic and i will buy the album and make up my own mind along with the "new" Micheal Jackson album so there...

Floppy_funbags
21-05-2014, 04:34 PM
It's no wonder you're on medication chalky lad.

kel_
21-05-2014, 04:42 PM
Mate off of ours from clique hq thinks Coldplay are ace but tbf it's his only fault.

Heard Martin being interviewed on 6 t'other week and I felt like butting the steering wheel constantly for have an hour.

The ****.

chalky-ncfc
21-05-2014, 04:44 PM
After reading the UB40 thread ive now put their Greatest Hits On,One In Ten still sounds good as does Food For Thought...

chalky-ncfc
21-05-2014, 04:47 PM
I cant fault any of Coldplays albums so far,the first three are always on in my car...

Floppy_funbags
21-05-2014, 04:48 PM
I am currently listening to an album called Benji by Sun Kil Moon. It's all aboot death of family members and the singer's eternal battle with depression.

Probs not one I'd recommend for you chalky lad.

kel_
21-05-2014, 04:53 PM
Chalky should listen* to The Holy Bible off of the MIGHTY Manic Street Preachers imo.

*if he hasert already

chalky-ncfc
21-05-2014, 04:53 PM
Its on youtube,im just having a listen now...

Edit

Thats Benji not the Manics...

Nevermore666
21-05-2014, 04:55 PM
I cant fault any of Coldplays albums so far,the first three are always on in my car...

Simultaneously?

chalky-ncfc
21-05-2014, 04:56 PM
Chalky should listen* to The Holy Bible off of the MIGHTY Manic Street Preachers imo.

*if he hasert already

Ive never been keen on them,somebody once gave me The Holy Bible but it just wasnt me...

chalky-ncfc
21-05-2014, 04:58 PM

Simultaneously?[/quote]

No,one at a time,i find i can hear them clearer that way...

kel_
21-05-2014, 04:58 PM

*if he hasert already

Ive never been keen on them,somebody once gave me The Holy Bible but it just wasnt me...[/quote]

RAM IT then.

Did you of an look at cartoon hd?

AndoverPFC
21-05-2014, 05:11 PM
Coldplay are utterly and completely ****e.

You're welcome.

chalky-ncfc
21-05-2014, 06:11 PM
Benji is a great album and i shall be giving it a few more listens,it is heartbreaking sad in parts...

Standout tracks was I Love My Dad,Jim Wise and Dogs but that may change the more that i listen to it...

chalky-ncfc
21-05-2014, 06:17 PM

*if he hasert already

Ive never been keen on them,somebody once gave me The Holy Bible but it just wasnt me...[/quote]

RAM IT then.

Did you of an look at cartoon hd?[/quote]

Im going to sort it out on my nephews tablet when i see him,he will love it...

Floppy_funbags
21-05-2014, 06:25 PM
'Jim Wise mercy killed his wife in a hospital at her bedside, then he put a gun to his head but it jammed and he didn't die.' Coldplay would kill for lyrics like that.

Richard Ramirez Died Today is my personal fave chalky. Glad you're 'enjoying' it, give the Red House Painters a youtubing, that's his former band.

chalky-ncfc
21-05-2014, 06:36 PM
Jim Wise is a very sad song indeed...

jiltedjohn
21-05-2014, 10:13 PM
Best album - Parallel Lines :heart:

Munch_Magic
21-05-2014, 10:29 PM
Great Album is Parallel Lines, I like 'Fade Away And Radiate'

The indie lot on here, if you like The Manics Holy Bible then you could do far worse than the under appreciated Auteurs 'After Murder Park' in years to come Luke Haines will be lauded like he should be, Black Box Recorder were well ace too.

I'm finding more so these days that looking back and investigating bands you missed is very rewarding, apart from Mansun who only had one good album.

chalky-ncfc
21-05-2014, 11:15 PM
Parallel Lines is a great album,i think that it was the first album that i bought after buying nothing but singles...

I always played the B side first as 11.59 was my favorite song...

Floppy_funbags
21-05-2014, 11:16 PM
Luke Haines is a GOD. Primarily for his utterly ace book and Lenny Valentino. One off of the best indie tunes off of all time. He never replied to my e-mail though, the ignorant bellend.

chalky-ncfc
21-05-2014, 11:24 PM
Theres a lot of crap music being released for a quick buck but it never ceases to amaze me how much great music is also out there if you are just willing to look and keep an open mind...

Munch_Magic
22-05-2014, 01:55 AM
Nice one Floppy, Luke Haines is the most underrated music artist of my generation.

Best remembered for one of the best intros to a song ever -

"I took a showgirl
For my bride
Thought my life
Would be right
Took her bowling
Got her high
Got myself a showgirl bride"

What did you email him then Floppy? Do you have his email address as I reckon he will know where that missing plane is.

Munch_Magic
22-05-2014, 01:57 AM
Leeds United song is ace too -

When I get home my wife will kill me
She's so house proud, so don't tread dirt into the carpet
Stop for a pint in Chapeltown
Lights turn to red and then they go out
And for the price of five pounds
It's what the seventies were about

Baby

Leeds United, Leeds United
From Wakefield to the Ridings
To the ground at Elland Road
At Leeds United they're chanting vengence, it's a 13-0 defeat on the front page of the Post
A last minute substitution but we didn't have the talent
I was beaten we were gutted I was sick as a parrot

Leeds United
Leeds United

Every Saturday night at the Teddy Boys' disco
It's good to be young leave the wife at home now
Propping up the bar World Of Sport then fixing the car
You're on a mission from God
It's what the weekend's all about

It's good to be young now
Leeds United Leeds United
Mark II Ford Cortina Vauxhall Viva Ford Corsair
On the terraces of Leeds United
One voice is silent he's the man with jet black hair
And come to b

Munch_Magic
22-05-2014, 02:05 AM
"Lazarus decided to rise"

Floppy_funbags
22-05-2014, 09:04 AM
Tried to get him to come and play in Leicester on his North Sea Scrolls tour early last year. He initially expressed interest then couldn't be mithered replying when we tried to talk money and dates and stuff.

He's still ace though.

moorlad
22-05-2014, 09:13 AM
I of just had an quick read through off of that review, and I must say I admire the reviewer's restraint. To be fair there is absolutely nee way I could possibly of been so pleasant and laid back after ofing to listen to an ****ing Coldplay album.

Pentridge
22-05-2014, 09:55 AM
An melange off of ****lords is an great insult tbf.

Sir_Judd
22-05-2014, 12:17 PM
Coldplay spunked up and created Kasabian.

That's how ****ing bad they all are.

Jessie_J_cloth
22-05-2014, 05:15 PM
**** Sandwich?

chalky-ncfc
22-05-2014, 05:49 PM
Ive just got back from my sisters who lives in Mansfield,my niece is aged twelve(12)and fancies herself as a bit of a singer but just sings Adele songs and puts no effort into what shes singing,so being the caring uncle that i am i got Futures Islands singing Seasons Change up on Youtube and belted out my own singalong version,i was ace,did the lot,thumping my chest,pulling my T shirt down and even the growling bit to show her how it should be done,they was well impressed as there was a stunned silence at the end as they both stared open mouthed at my mega performance...

Thinking about afterwards i could have just shown the the Youtube clip but i think that i left a lasting impression on them...B)

moorlad
22-05-2014, 05:59 PM
Ive just got back from my sisters who lives in Mansfield,my niece is aged twelve(12)and fancies herself as a bit of a singer but just sings Adele songs and puts no effort into what shes singing,so being the caring uncle that i am i got Futures Islands singing Seasons Change up on Youtube and belted out my own singalong version,i was ace,did the lot,thumping my chest,pulling my T shirt down and even the growling bit to show her how it should be done,they was well impressed as there was a stunned silence at the end as they both stared open mouthed at my mega performance...

Thinking about afterwards i could have just shown the the Youtube clip but i think that i left a lasting impression on them...B)

You'd best not be shocked if the men in white coats turn up later chalks.

Nevermore666
22-05-2014, 06:10 PM
I've just had to google who/what the **** youse are on about. Now I know. Didn't someone post a link few week ago?

chalky-ncfc
22-05-2014, 06:11 PM

You'd best not be shocked if the men in white coats turn up later chalks.[/quote]

I was honestly expecting a round of applause at the end but there was nothing,just my sister and niece si

chalky-ncfc
22-05-2014, 06:13 PM
I've just had to google who/what the **** youse are on about. Now I know. Didn't someone post a link few week ago?

I think that it was Jessie J that put it on here first,its still a great song and performance...

Nevermore666
22-05-2014, 06:14 PM
Are you back at work full time chalky lad?

chalky-ncfc
22-05-2014, 06:20 PM
No,they wont let me,ive had to start at two(2)hours a day for a week,then four(4)then six(6) then seven and a half(7.5)...

Its a load of rubbish if im honest...

Nevermore666
22-05-2014, 06:24 PM
As long as your getting paid...

Watched an episode of hammer house of horror the other night called "the mark of Satan". I thought of you.

chalky-ncfc
22-05-2014, 06:25 PM
Erm...Thankyou

chalky-ncfc
22-05-2014, 06:38 PM
Ive just texted them and i asked what they thought of my performance,they said that it was like cross between a Pea**** and a Gorilla...:?

Jessie_J_cloth
22-05-2014, 06:47 PM

I think that it was Jessie J that put it on here first,its still a great song and performance...[/quote]

Aye, it were. Good rememberings. And you've got ME to thank for recommending the Sun Kil Moon record to Kenny.

Most welcome, obv.

It's the detail in there that I really love -the old pal whose seizure was triggered by an awkward bar-chord technique - the tune about going to see The Postal Service has got some brilliant lines in it: the 350 dollar lampshades, his sister dating a deerhunter (getting used to venison), that Sports Bar ****,...

Right, I'm sticking it on AGAIN.

Floppy_funbags
23-05-2014, 09:31 AM
Indeedy jessie lad, tis an AWESOME LP.

Not many singers can get away with singing about having to piss fifty times a day, a grumbling prostate and a bad back but he does it with aplomb*

I'm still arfing like a drain here imagining the vision of chalky doing the Future Islands deranged loon routine, even though I divvent know what he looks like.