PDA

View Full Version : Squad situation

Fargone
22-05-2014, 08:49 PM
Deals offered to Banjo, McManus, Deuchar, Cook and Hamilton.

The two latter have been offered deals elsewhere but as they under 23, interested clubs will need to pay a transfer fee - view external link (www.arbroath-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/squad_situation_833466/index.shtml)

smokie_bacon_crisps
22-05-2014, 09:16 PM
Going by twitter and social media -

Alan Cook has signed for East Fife
Colin Hamilton has signed for Brechin
Kenny Deuchar will be with us for pre-season, then off to Brazil then who knows?

Sad that both Hammy and Cookie are leaving.

It means we have;
Scott Morrison

Ricky Little
Michael Travis

Bobby Linn
Kevin Nicoll
Paul Sheerin
Chris Scott
Conner Birse
Kieran McWalter

Simon Murray

Arbroath1
23-05-2014, 05:53 AM
Can see why Hammy has went to Brechin Div 1

However why has Cooky went to East Fife...same division as us, ah well we just have to get on with it i suppose the merry go round has started again two good players gone unsure still about Ricky Little though need time to tell after his long injury lay off i suppose.Fingers Crossed we get some decent players in...(-:

AFC1320
23-05-2014, 08:14 AM
I hope we don't fart about like we did last season and have a late flurry of signings weeks before we kicked off, I think that was part of the reason we started slow, imo this is a MASSIVE season for the club and we have to get QUALITY signings on-board asap.

Push the boat out to get Shagger McManus signed as he could do for us what S****s does for Emmerdale and could be the difference of us winning the league and not, also would love to see Dr Goals signed up as well, but a BIG priority is getting a couple big experienced central defenders as both Little and Trav could also play at full back.

smokie_bacon_crisps
23-05-2014, 09:26 AM
Michael Wallace has signed. Has been training with the squad since Christmas and has been playing for Lochore in the juniors. A winger/striker.

maroonie
23-05-2014, 10:56 AM
I hope we don't fart about like we did last season and have a late flurry of signings weeks before we kicked off, I think that was part of the reason we started slow, imo this is a MASSIVE season for the club and we have to get QUALITY signings on-board asap.

Push the boat out to get Shagger McManus signed as he could do for us what S****s does for Emmerdale and could be the difference of us winning the league and not, also would love to see Dr Goals signed up as well, but a BIG priority is getting a couple big experienced central defenders as both Little and Trav could also play at full back.
PS needs to get his finger out and get the players he has offered deals to to sign up or otherwise and get some players in asap. Juniors and the youth players are fine as squad players but the spine of the team needs good solid proven players. The season ended for us earlier than the Fifers but they are already building while we seem to be in

smokie_bacon_crisps
23-05-2014, 12:48 PM
I'm sure the finger is out and working away. It's only Banjo and McManus who I guess have to tell him what they are doing as I am sure Deuchar won't make any decisions until after he gets back from Brazil.

A lot of clubs are releasing players but East Fife have only signed 3, but they just released 13!

Contracts, fees, players on holidays etc. Things take time. Rather sign the right players who will add to the core we have rather than just numbers.

Not words I thought I would ever have said, but sad to hear John Gemmell has signed for Albion Rovers and not us. Would have hoped we could have avoided against playing him at the very least.

timlichtie
23-05-2014, 01:49 PM
This discussion is starting to sound depressingly like last year's. Some promising attacking options but little in the central defence department. I know this is a priority, but like everyone else I'm starting to get nervous about the lack of defensive signings.

On the positive side, there must be some funding freed up by releasing established players like Cook and Hammy. That might give us the cash to attract the centre backs we need.

SassenachSteve10
23-05-2014, 02:29 PM
Wish I had your confidence:

AFC1320
23-05-2014, 03:50 PM
The Beast Gemmill has signed for ALBION ROVERS?? FFS that is incredible, as much as he was a k-nob I would have loved have to seen him at our club as he is a great striker.

timlichtie
23-05-2014, 05:32 PM
The Beast Gemmill has signed for ALBION ROVERS?? FFS that is incredible, as much as he was a k-nob I would have loved have to seen him at our club as he is a great striker.

Just our luck to be facing Big John back at ClifftonHell.

Please can we sign some really good central defenders!!!

Lichtielegend
23-05-2014, 06:58 PM
Not too fussed about Hamilton leaving.

He's been with us for 2 season and we've only really had half a season of good performances from him. People seem to forget how ordinary he was in his first few months.

Cook is a blow simply as we've now lost our goals from midfield and I think East Fife will be the team to beat next season.

Gemmell would have been a great signing but there are plenty of strikers knocking about that could get 20+ in League Two. Paul McManus is one of them and his signing should be a priority.

Also a priority is getting a defence sorted. We need a full-back for both sides (especially left-back) and a big experienced centre-half for starters. Ricky Little has strolled this league at centre-half and Travis was coming onto a game at right-back.

Midfield is the area of least concern at the moment for me. Nicoll and Linn were probably our 2 best players last season while Sheerin finished the season really well. Additionally, Chris Scott, Keiran McWalter, Scott Adam

smokie_bacon_crisps
24-05-2014, 07:34 PM
Surprised to read in the Courier today that Michael Wallace has been signed on a 2 year deal, especially with no experience at this level.

Fingers crossed he turns out to be a signing like Kevin Nicoll and not like JPW!

maroonie
25-05-2014, 09:20 AM
Going by twitter and social media -

Alan Cook has signed for East Fife
Colin Hamilton has signed for Brechin
Kenny Deuchar will be with us for pre-season, then off to Brazil then who knows?

Sad that both Hammy and Cookie are leaving.

It means we have;
Scott Morrison

Ricky Little
Michael Travis

Bobby Linn
Kevin Nicoll
Paul Sheerin
Chris Scott
Conner Birse
Kieran McWalter

Simon Murray
Looks like a Sheerin squad. Plenty in middle and something up front but nae defence. Not another season of **** defending please. Need some quality at the back this term.

SassenachSteve10
25-05-2014, 10:25 AM
You got it mate same old same old. I shouldn't come on this site it just winds me up

smokie_bacon_crisps
25-05-2014, 11:14 AM
Everyone needs to relax!!!!! It's not like the season starts tomorrow. Why add pressure and negativity weeks and weeks before the season has even started!!!!

ectolichtie
25-05-2014, 12:01 PM
Everyone needs to relax!!!!! It's not like the season starts tomorrow. Why add pressure and negativity weeks and weeks before the season has even started!!!!

Quite agree we are still in May, a lot will happen before the pre-season friendlies

SassenachSteve10
25-05-2014, 07:20 PM
What the same as last year you mean, yeah can't wait !!!!!!!!

SassenachSteve10
26-05-2014, 01:17 PM
Hibs are letting 14 go there must be a few defenders amongst them

theweesausage
26-05-2014, 05:01 PM
Hibs are letting 14 go there must be a few defenders amongst them
Brad Donaldson was one if the players released, I'd take him back

ectolichtie
26-05-2014, 05:52 PM
What the same as last year you mean, yeah can't wait !!!!!!!!

it wont be the same as last year, so chin up and enjoy the summer