PDA

View Full Version : Last time we went down...

Godflesh
25-05-2014, 06:48 PM
...we were favourites to come straight back up and did just that.

This time we are no more than the third best team in the league. Hearts and Rangers are clearly better than us. And in reality we are probably actually a mid table Championship side.

Also last time we didn't decrease our spending. This time we will have to as the board will have to budget for the possibility of not coming straight back up.

We could be down for a loooooooong time...

MegaloDon
25-05-2014, 07:34 PM
being positive hibs (and herts) are sure to have the support of most neutrals to make the return and leave the new rangers behind.

I think newrangers will not have it as easy as they did this season.

next season was always going to be a building exercise for Hibs anyway.
& it's not as though anyone other than cletic are going to get top spot.

it's not all doom and gloom - after all scottish fitba is a bit of a joke anyway..

OneJuJu
25-05-2014, 08:41 PM
Might be wishful thinking on my part, but I think it's a far from foregone conclusion that sevco will automatically go up.

They could quite easily end up back in admin and get docked points, but even if they don't, they've got no money to improve a squad which has struggled in cup competitions against the likes of Falkirk and Raith.

Dire as Hibs may have been over the last few months, the same players were a mid-table SPL side within recent memory. Not worldbeaters (to put it mildly) but still a class above the current The Rangers team.

dazlhigh
25-05-2014, 10:52 PM
Motherwell fan here. I walked back up Easter Road to my bus-stop after the 3-3 game with a Hibs fan. We reminisced about the 1951(?) League Cup Final! I opined during our conversation that I couldn't really fathom why Wotherspoon and Rankin had left Easter Road; any time I saw them they were sound, middle-of-the-road SPFL players. They'd have squeezed a couple more points out of the last few games, I'm sure.
Anyway, my pal would be at today's game, and he'll be inconsolable. His team is part of who he is; for him, I hope that Hibs get back quickly.
And I hope he renews his season; there are battles ahead in that league!

1875STEVE
26-05-2014, 10:06 AM
Im not scared of the first division.

Bring it on.

That's the problem at Easter Road just now, a defeatist attitude.

Rangers are on the verge of admin and a 25 point deduction.

If that doesn't happen, they will HAVE to cut costs.

Hearts have already gotten rid of their best players, Nielson will be a feckin puppet to Levein, who will pick the team and dump on Nielson when it starts going wrong.

Budge wants Hearts ran on a shoestring, so she can get her money back.

Christ Stevenson took a 50% pay cut to help them out, if he wants to stay this season, he has to take a further 25% cut.

Yes we will have to cut costs, but for the first time there is a parachute payment for relegation which will help us (500k).

8 players are outa contract and another 4/5 have loan deals ending.

IMO we are in the strongest position of the 3, we need to make it count.

Bring it on.

Godflesh
26-05-2014, 10:35 AM
Hearts out performed us this year. They are a better side. And that's with a bunch of kids. Next year they will add to that squad. They will be a better side. We will release players. We will be worse. And from a starting point of as bad as we are now - that's worrying.

We also have a debt to contend with. Hearts don't.

We will also have lower attendances. This has been a dismal season, with many losing faith. Crowds next year will be significantly down as we will probably be struggling to stay in the top half of the table. Hearts have known for a long time that they were going down and it has galvanised them into supporting their club. They will have good attendances next year.

Rangers - if they don't go into admin - will romp the league.

afc_1983
26-05-2014, 11:24 AM
Hibs have some stinking players and a manager who doesn't inspire. With the right appointment and investment in players you could come back up but if you persevere with the same manager and bulk of the same squad.

budgeover
26-05-2014, 04:00 PM

Bring it on.

Hearts have already gotten rid of their best players, Nielson will be a feckin puppet to Levein, who will pick the team and dump on Nielson when it starts going wrong.

Christ Stevenson took a 50% pay cut to help them out, if he wants to stay this season, he has to take a further 25% cut.

Yes we will have to cut costs, but for the first time there is a parachute payment for relegation which will help us (500k).

Bring it on.

OMS XD D E N I A L or what

Hibs are f vked and will be for som

CB_1874
26-05-2014, 05:49 PM
Hearts out performed us this year. They are a better side. And that's with a bunch of kids. Next year they will add to that squad. They will be a better side. We will release players. We will be worse. And from a starting point of as bad as we are now - that's worrying.

We will also have lower attendances. This has been a dismal season, with many losing faith. Crowds next year will be significantly down as we will probably be struggling to stay in the top half of the table. Hearts have known for a long time that they were going down and it has galvanised them into supporting their club. They will have good attendances next year.

Honest and well thought out post.

maccGregor
27-05-2014, 10:45 PM

Bring it on.

Bring it on.

Here we go eh ! robbie is a muppet just like how Hibs laughed off

OneJuJu
27-05-2014, 10:54 PM

Why?...because they're called The Rangers?

Which SPL team wouldn't have romped the division they've just come out of?

Hearts have been better than Hibs this season and will probably be better than them next season, but the difference is fine.

The "championship" is anybody's call at the moment

1875STEVE
28-05-2014, 09:13 PM

Yes Hearts were better side than us last year (by 3 points).

They have since dumped their highest earners and best players - Macdonald, Stevenson, Hammil.

They are currently weaker t

1875STEVE
28-05-2014, 09:20 PM

Bring it on.

Bring it on.

Here we go eh ! r

truemaroons
01-06-2014, 07:23 PM
The denial continues XD

truemaroons
01-06-2014, 07:28 PM

We also have a debt to contend with.

Yes Hearts were better side than us last year (by 3 points). and how many wins did Hearts have over Hibs ?? B)

They have since dumped their highest e