PDA

View Full Version : WHAT A WAY TO RUN A CLUB

bolt
26-05-2014, 11:02 PM
from the

Mirror

Lee Clark will have to make massive cut backs as Birmingham City slash their costs ahead of a sale.

Clark was stunned to find out that his budget will drop to around Ai6million for next season - around a QUARTER of the previous campaignaiis cash.

The Blues boss, who beat the drop in the final minutes of the relegation fight, faces a nightmare round of cuts in the summer.

Birminghamaiis owners want the average wage to come down to around
AŁ5000 a week and the squad size to reduce to about 24.

Clark will have no money for signings and is under orders to look at the loan market - a policy that almost cost them dearly last time.

The club is for sale at 25 million but in the meantime jailed Carson Yeung wants the day-to-day running down to the bare minimum.

-------------
and only 24% is available for sale according to various reports, for my money anybody that wanted to do a deal should be mentally certified,

been better off going bust for a lot of reasons IMO

bolt
27-05-2014, 08:07 AM
should be

allocated Clark around 5000 pounds per week for his wage budget

eoin17
27-05-2014, 10:39 AM
Per player per week?
I watched Burton and Fleetwood yesterday and thought how near we were to playing the winner.
I'm hoping that there report is off the mark but there's not a lot of room for hope or trust these days.
they know what they're doing...and it's calculated and nasty.

bassman
27-05-2014, 06:47 PM
what a piece of c r a p that report is , if you take zigic and burkes wages out of the equation most of our players were probably only around that average figure, we have a load of decent kids coming through and chances are that there will be some decent players out there happy to have one last hurrah , to even think it would be better to go into admin or something similar is just w a n k and makes my blood boil, untill we have the new owners in place this klind of stupid reporting should be used to wipe yer a55 on

Mirkwood
27-05-2014, 10:00 PM
Firstly a player earning a "mere" 5k a week will still trouser over a quarter of a million quid a year - a salary most of us can only dream of!!

Secondly get Mr Google to let you into the Often Partisan blog where the author will make the current murky situation a little clearer.

Chin up chaps - won't be long now!!:D

bolt
27-05-2014, 10:57 PM
you don't get ,if we had gone into admin we would have been bought by now for very little amount i.e. Sullivan a pound remember, then the 25 mill we have got to pay now could have been spent by the new owners on the club and players, the 10 point deduction next season would not have been a problem, instead we have got this lot for a another 2 years now that does make me feel unhappy

PS the crap story is also in the Birmingham Mail

bassman
28-05-2014, 10:16 AM
Bolt has your account been hijacked ? seriously are you joking or what ? admin to our club would have been the end game, 3 of the 5 interested parties said that they would pull out if we were relegated , we would have been relegated with a 10 point deduction and the club would have fallen foul of the league rules as our wages against turnover were not in line with the new rules, it would have taken years to get back out of div 1 , its going to be hard enough to finish mid table next season against the likes of failed play off teams who will be stronger next year and relegated teams with huge parachute payments, the best we can hope for is the new owners get someone in who can rebuild the side playing attractive enough football to put bums on seats and deliver the sort of entertainment the fans deserve, i truly believe we'd have done an oxford by dropping to league one with a 10 point deduction.

bolt
29-05-2014, 07:46 PM
I never mentioned relegation Bassy in my post just going bust ,and if we had ended up there after staying UP at the end of the season, there might have been 10 interested parties instead of 5
the 10 point would have got deducted the following season and we would have coped with that. Better than 2 years hard labour IMO,
plus we would have had new owners instead of junior partners

I can only assume you thought I meant going bust during last season and not immediately after the end of
Regards Bolt

ps copied from OP
Former Swindon chairman part of consortium buying stake in Birmingham City
Companies House filings confirm that former Swindon chairman Jeremy Wray is a director of the company. Other directors ared as Peter Day ? a former employee of Birmingham City in the 90[!]8242;s ? and Tony Rees, a former journalist.

What will alarm fans more is that Companies House confirms the company secretary of Soccer Management Worldwide as Derek Peter, who was thrown out of the Institut

bassman
29-05-2014, 10:03 PM
mate if we'd have gone bust/admin at any time during the season we'd have lost 10points which would have relegated us ,blimey we only stayed up on goals difference , and also started the season 10 points behind everyone else too , admin and relegation with no money to rebuild would probably have consigned us to at best mid div one and at worst consecutive relegations , look at portsmouth ,luton and oxford it could have been the same for us too