PDA

View Full Version : Thorne to Rams

Manofpride
27-05-2014, 07:17 AM
Hope this comes off! - view external link (http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-keen-land-midfielder-George-Thorne/story-21143703-detail/story.html)

chris311080
27-05-2014, 07:27 AM
Hope this comes off!

I know the club are doing everything they can to make this happen. Trouble is west brom are still manager less so this one me thinks will take some time

Ramondo
27-05-2014, 07:49 AM
Don't think it would happen.

The danger of hanging on while West Brom sort a manager out is that other potential targets could get missed out on.

Fletch_11
27-05-2014, 08:17 AM
On the positive of this it sounds like we have been looking at sorting a deal for a while. Our interest has been noted and discussions have started.
I think demonstrating ambition is the key - squad strengthening in the right areas and retaining our current stars might convince George Thorne it's worth staying, especially with promotion bonuses and a realistic release clause for example.

We are likely to win far more next season than Leicester for example - who seem to be very poor so far with new signings. They may well do a Cardiff if they don't step up. We may even be more attractive to young players -

Since Mac has been here we've got 7-8 players who are current internationals, several who have become internationals since Mac arrived. Chris Martin and Craig Forsyth were nowhere near the national team.
Contrast that to Chris Martin at Norwich and despite being a division lower his career has flourished.

It doesn't mean Thorne will sign for us, but there are a lot of pros for an

D_D
27-05-2014, 08:44 AM
The telegraph seems to think if Thorne does rejoin us it'll be on loan again. Eitehr way, I just want him here.

Rapid
27-05-2014, 10:41 AM
The telegraph seems to think if Thorne does rejoin us it'll be on loan again. Eitehr way, I just want him here.

I think the loan scenario was referring to wisdom and bamford. have another look mate.

at least we've finally found a site that has more ads than this one! >:)