PDA

View Full Version : Even if all scum players left

mccanncann
29-05-2014, 05:50 PM
where would they be?

Whats she going to do? pocket all the money?

I don't think so, sad to say but after reading what their chairman had to say, i think they are pretty sorted and a million light years ahead of where we have ever been.

They are where we should have been.

Yet we pissed it away on 100k a week mercernaries. Yeah we won the cup but at what expense, my kid who is 7 will probably never see the top league.

You may all mock but deep down, we all look with a little envy down the road.

kendaldaz
29-05-2014, 06:02 PM
now you dont know that your'e 7yr old wont see the top league,i was 6 when i started supporting pompey,div2-div3-div 4 all the way to the old 1st div then back down then back up and now back down,im 48 so you never know my friend as for looking at them lot with envy i really dont give a **** about them,i have pompey

mccanncann
29-05-2014, 06:07 PM
Hey i agree in pricipal but football has changed a lot since we were nippers.

Money rules along with rich owners, we will never ever be able to finance a push towards the premier league unless someone came in with a lot of dosh and many of our fans will simply not tolerate that now, will they.

Yes it is OUR CLUB but end of the day OUR CLUB will more than likely be a lower league CLUB.

kendaldaz
29-05-2014, 06:52 PM
i can see what you are saying and your'e probably right,apart from i think we can get back to championship,where we will more than likely need someone to put some money in,but what i am saying is always believe,dreams do come true,as they have for me,you and thousands of other pompey fans,no-one can predict the future ;D

BilltheCat
29-05-2014, 07:27 PM

Not for a nanosecond!

The fire-sale is about to begin and then the scum will implode again.

They have a bog-standard flat-pack stadium with no atmosphere and plastic fans. Any tradition they ever had (red and white stripes, for instance) they sold to the highest bidder with barely a whimper from those who follow the club.

The great under-achievers.

Why the f@ck would I swap owning my own club, gates of 18,000 in the fourth division and a history of achievement for that shower of sh1t?

Are you a scummer?

kernow
29-05-2014, 11:17 PM
where would they be?

Whats she going to do? pocket all the money?

I don't think so, sad to say but after reading what their chairman had to say, i think they are pretty sorted and a million light years ahead of where we have ever been.

They are where we should have been.

Yet we pissed it away on 100k a week mercernaries. Yeah we won the cup but at what expense, my kid who is 7 will probably never see the top league.

:D maybe true. :D

chiswickmart
30-05-2014, 07:34 AM
Are you a scummer?

No, it's Lassie.

midhurstblue
31-05-2014, 03:25 PM

Not for a nanosecond!

The fire-sale is about to begin and then the scum will implode again.

They have a bog-standard flat-pack stadium with no atmosphere and plastic fans. Any tradition they ever had (red and white stripes, for instance) they sold to the highest bidder with barely a whimper from those who follow the club.

The great under-achievers.

Why the f@ck would I swap owning my own club, gates of 18,000 in the fourth division and a history of achievement for that shower of sh1t?

Are you a scummer?[/quote]

Brilliant post.