PDA

View Full Version : England v Peru

Rapid
30-05-2014, 07:12 PM
Sorry triz but Henderson's shown in the opening 10 minutes that he's hopeless at this level. if he's not passing it 5 yards he's giving the ball away with ridiculous world beating efforts.

I honestly think George thorne would do a better job!

RamFromCornwall
30-05-2014, 07:16 PM
Sorry triz but Henderson's shown in the opening 10 minutes that he's hopeless at this level. if he's not passing it 5 yards he's giving the ball away with ridiculous world beating efforts.

Ross Barkley.

Rapid
30-05-2014, 07:17 PM

Ross Barkley.[/quote]

in wouldn't want to put barkley in that role just in front of the defenders. I'd much rather have him behind the strikers where he can do some damage.

I think it's criminal to play Henderson in front of wilshere in that role in front of the defence.

triz
30-05-2014, 07:17 PM
no need to apologise, ill listen to the scousers who have watched him all year rather than you who has watched him for 10 mins and written him off though.

As for playing wilshere, well they are totally different players, roy has picked henderson to protect gerrard and do his running for him. Wilshere wouldnt do that he'd be looking at getting forward all the time.

Rapid
30-05-2014, 07:18 PM
no need to apologise, ill listen to the scousers who have watched him all year rather than you who has watched him for 10 mins and written him off.

I've watched him several time this season (Liverpool are on setenta every week). every time I've seen him he's been ****.

lots of derby fans will tell you ward's a good player for derby. I'd disagree.

Bear DCFC
30-05-2014, 07:19 PM

That's an early call Rapid!! You must be confident.

Henderson has had a very good season, I think he'll come good.

RamFromCornwall
30-05-2014, 07:19 PM
Have Gerrard sit and knock balls about, then Wilshere or Barkley can roam around a bit. Gerrard's past the stage where he can go marauding around the pitch, but that's why Henderson is there, to let Gerrard wander a bit more.

Rapid
30-05-2014, 07:20 PM

That's an early call Rapid!! You must be confident.

Henderson has had a very good season, I think he'll come good.[/quote]

I hope you're right mate. I fear that the world cup will expose his averageness (if that's a word).

triz
30-05-2014, 07:23 PM
no need to apologise, ill listen to the scousers who have watched him all year rather than you who has watched him for 10 mins and written him off.

I've watched him several time this season (Liverpool are on setenta every week). every time I've seen him he's been ****.

lots of derby fans will tell you ward's a good player for derby. I'd disagree.[/quote]

In liverpools best season for years he was a starter keeping out lucas and allen. Most liverpool fans (including the hugely intelligent guardian journo greg bukowski/roughly) put there capitulation at the end of the season down to Henderson being suspended. Your mind is made up though and i suspect a hatrick mom performance tonight wouldnt change it.

triz
30-05-2014, 07:24 PM
I love the formation picked tonight and is exactly what i would start with, with sterling in for welbeck though.

triz
30-05-2014, 07:33 PM
**bloke sat outside smoking at my bar comes in to buy a pint looks at the score**

"30 minutes and you can't score against ****e like peru"

**england score**

"they're still ****e"

**triz reflects on england fans with sadness**

Rapid
30-05-2014, 07:48 PM

lots of derby fans will tell you ward's a good player for derby. I'd disagree.[/quote]

In liverpools best season for years he was a starter keeping out lucas and allen. Most liverpool fans (including the hugely intelligent guardian journo greg bukowski/roughly) put there capitulation at the end of the season down to Henderson being suspended. Your mind is made up though and i suspect a hatrick mom performance tonight wouldnt change it.[/quote]

I'd like nothing more than him to prove me wrong. but he won't.

you know I don't believe anything that's printed in the guardian :-P

triz
30-05-2014, 07:58 PM
XD XD

I think he will prove you wrong, but not tonight. It was summed up best i think by danny baker who said..."the WC is days away and all the lads are out there giving it %41"

Rapid
30-05-2014, 08:02 PM
XD XD

I think he will prove you wrong, but not tonight. It was summed up best i think by danny baker who said..."the WC is days away and all the lads are out there giving it %41"

like I said I hope he proves me wrong. I'm English and I want us to do well. the Italy game will tell. technically superior opposition.

a bit like lee grant. I gave him loads of stick early on in the season. he came bloody brilliant at the back end of the season. I'm not confident in Henderson doing the same!

Rattea
30-05-2014, 08:11 PM

Not like rapid blundering in with nonsupport an a scratch of the surface to end up with more egg on his face than humpty dumpty is it ;) :p

triz
30-05-2014, 08:16 PM
It didnt sound like you were confident of grant doing that earlier this year tbh.

triz
30-05-2014, 08:19 PM
****ing mexican waves...**** off

triz
30-05-2014, 08:31 PM
Wilshere's had his 10 mins...don't rate him :P

anyway...its milner time :D :D

Rapid
30-05-2014, 08:37 PM
It didnt sound like you were confident of grant doing that earlier this year tbh.

not true. I always said I knew grant had the ability but that he wasn't showing it. I always suspected it was a confidence thing and I still believe that to be the case. in the early stages of the season I had confidence that he would come good eventually but that faith slowly diminished with more poor performances. make no mistake, I stand by saying he was **** in the first half of the season but he certainly came good in the business end.

i'll give Henderson his due if he comes good but like I said I don't think he will. with Henderson imo it's a lack of technical ability, not confidence.

triz
30-05-2014, 08:40 PM
ok ill take your word for it what with my memory, i only really remember you calling for him to be sold every week.The fact remains though you claim grant had a **** first half of the season and some agreed,most rated him (i think) whereas you're pretty much on your own saying henderson has had a poor season...by all accounts he has been fantastic.

Rapid
30-05-2014, 08:41 PM

Not like rapid blundering in with nonsupport an a scratch of the surface to end up with more egg on his face than humpty dumpty is it ;) :p[/quote]

XD XD
]more hipocracy from the rat. one of the many differences between you and I is that I happily admit when I've been wrong.

under your logic:

'we lost the play off final because grant let in their only shot on target whereas rob green didn't...

...so I've been proved right FACT! XD XD XD XD XD XD XD'

or something to that effect.

Rapid
30-05-2014, 08:56 PM
ok ill take your word for it what with my memory, i only really remember you calling for him to be sold every week.The fact remains though you claim grant had a **** first half of the season and some agreed,most rated him (i think) whereas you're pretty much on your own saying henderson has had a poor season...by all accounts he has been fantastic.

not meaning to sound like the rat but I haven't said he's had a poor season. I said every time I've watched him he was **** and I don't believe he's good enough at this level. dunno if you watched the 90 minutes tonight but I thought he showed just that. most occasions he went further than 5 yards it resulted in a misplaced pass.

wilshere came on and showed brilliant ability. i'll be gutted if he doesn't start in front of Henderson after that game tonight.

triz
30-05-2014, 09:00 PM
I extrapolated from 'every time i have seen him this year (several times)he has been ****' and 'he is average/****/not good enough at this level etc etc'... too "he has had a poor season". I didn't think you would disagree with that after all you said.Unless you think he has had a great season but is a **** player and always plays poorly when you see him which is a lot?

...and wilshere came on for gerrard i think because gerrard and wilshere as a CM pairing isnt workable tactically.Wilshere and henderson are very different players, there to do very different jobs.

Rapid
30-05-2014, 10:03 PM
[quote="triz". I didn't think you would disagree with that after all you said.Unless you think he has had a great season but is a **** player and always plays poorly when you see him which is a lot?

...and wilshere came on for gerrard i think because gerrard and wilshere as a CM pairing isnt workable tactically.Wilshere and henderson are very different players, there to do very different jobs.[/quote]

well I assume he must have done something this season to get the Liverpool fans raving and seemingly into the England starting line up.

I don't think he's a good player technically. I also don't think it's difficult to look good in the Liverpool midfield.

time will tell. we'll no doubt be having a conversation in 3 or 4 weeks time on the subject.

triz
30-05-2014, 10:14 PM
To be continued :D

minesahartington
30-05-2014, 10:23 PM
I reckon lambert was shocking tonight

swaledale
30-05-2014, 10:49 PM

Well that depends on how you judge him, for ?250K I think you'd struggle to get a better player and he makes Sammon at ?1.2 million look ****e!!!

Rapid
30-05-2014, 11:23 PM

Well that depends on how you judge him, for ?250K I think you'd struggle to get a better player and he makes Sammon at ?1.2 million look ****e!!![/quote]

you're talking about judging him as a signing swales. that's the only time you would factor the fee in. I'm judging him as a championship footballer like any other.