PDA

View Full Version : Here comes the summer

Exiledvillan
01-06-2014, 05:04 PM
For those of us up here in the chilly northern hemisphere it's 'SUMMER TIME' WOOOOHOOOO!

Any plans folks ?

For us it's our first holiday since the young Villan was born.
Nowt extravagant to some but the cause of great excitement in our humble household is 7 days in Beer (S/E Devon) incorporating his 6th and my impending 50th birthday, followed by the 1st day of the third test v India at Southampton. Then it's back into exile in Ireland.

I'm sure I'll watch events unfold in Brazil and end up going totally OTT and shaming a once proud family XD XD (hard not to over here with the locals cheering for Anyone But England).

Enjoy whatever you get up to :heart: .

bongosdad
01-06-2014, 05:09 PM
Wrong board >:( Yubby and Dazzy will go bonkers when they read this. There again there already bonkers. :D

I'm off to Canada on the 20th. My mate moved there a few years ago and this is my first visit. This will be my first attempt at squatching too.

Exiledvillan
01-06-2014, 05:19 PM
Quite right sir but never mind them two, they never read my posts anyway ;D .

If the mods would kindly move it to the tavern (where I thought I was) it would go a long way to comforting me in my hour of shame.

Canada eh, how will you be able to tell the difference between yetties and the locals ?

Bring us back a stick of 'rockies' :) .

bongosdad
01-06-2014, 06:04 PM
Hopefully I will have proof of the existence of Bigfoot but not holding my breath. I'm trying to get hold of a thermal imaging camera.
This is my first proper holiday in 10 years.

villamon1
01-06-2014, 06:42 PM
Exiled, i lived in Seaton (just down road) for two years, Beer Road in fact, my bro and his wife still live thereabouts (Axmouth) i'm down there for Englands second game. If you go in Dolphin hotel there at all, if a chap called Howard is behind reception say 'hi' from Andy!! You'll have a cool time, enjoy :D

Exiledvillan
01-06-2014, 07:19 PM
Bin going Beer since I was a Babbi, Mon. The Anchor was always me drinking hole of choice. Used to like the Barrel o beer but then it went all foody before closing. They never used to sell Stella in the Dolphin so it was never an option for me. Many childhood memories of Seaton as we went there every day and will do this year (still no bank or thankfully no supermarket in Beer, just love the isolation of Beer). Axmouth is a lovely spot for the thatched cottage/pub enthusiast, stinks at times from the estuary tho. Wont be there for the footy. 19th-26th July then the Cricket on the Sunday.

icecreamman
01-06-2014, 09:59 PM
If anyone finds themselves in southern California for tacos and beers, hit me up!

villamon1
02-06-2014, 05:31 AM
Exiled, i used to work on the holiday camp there, been going there since i was a kid on hol aswell. Even met a Devon girl who became the Mother to my two Sons (a Seaton girl, seperated five years but friends!)and persuaded her to move up here, why???
ICM, my Sister's was in California then NY, now Florida, so just maybe one day. Be afraid...>:)

yubbywelch
02-06-2014, 07:55 AM
Bingo WRONG board. ;D

First day of winter 10 in the morning still high 20's during the day

villamon1
02-06-2014, 09:42 AM
Yubby, admit it really you're in Skegness with them temps, surely!! ;D

TrianonDave
02-06-2014, 12:54 PM
Yer got some travelling to do as well!!

June:-
Italy-Milan-Brescia- Bologna
July:-
USA-Chicago
Turkey:-
Marmaris

Anything to keep me away from watching Tennis and Golf.
August is looking busy with trips to Germany, Sweeden, Finland & Denmark so looks like I will be missing the start of the season, As for Italy, i'm in Milan for the England game...should be interesting? hope I don't get stabbed in the buttocks!!

Just hope the smoke screen of the WC will allow for a smooth transition with the new owners :)

icecreamman
02-06-2014, 04:14 PM
Exiled, i used to work on the holiday camp there, been going there since i was a kid on hol aswell. Even met a Devon girl who became the Mother to my two Sons (a Seaton girl, seperated five years but friends!)and persuaded her to move up here, why???
ICM, my Sister's was in California then NY, now Florida, so just maybe one day. Be afraid...>:)

Florida? oh god, I'm not the one who should be afraid!

ozfan
03-06-2014, 11:01 AM
Yer got some travelling to do as well!!

June:-
Italy-Milan-Brescia- Bologna
July:-
USA-Chicago
Turkey:-
Marmaris

Anything to keep me away from watching Tennis and Golf.
August is looking busy with trips to Germany, Sweeden, Finland & Denmark so looks like I will be missing the start of the season, As for Italy, i'm in Milan for the England game...should be interesting? hope I don't get stabbed in the buttocks!!

Just hope the smoke screen of the WC will allow for a smooth transition with the new owners :)

That's some travel itinerary. you must be a young fella. ;D

TrianonDave
03-06-2014, 04:58 PM
No, Not young but not old either, apart from Turkey its all work related! :(

dazzyo-villa
03-06-2014, 07:30 PM
For those of us up here in the chilly northern hemisphere it's 'SUMMER TIME' WOOOOHOOOO!

Any plans folks ?

For us it's our first holiday since the young Villan was born.
Nowt extravagant to some but the cause of great excitement in our humble household is 7 days in Beer (S/E Devon) incorporating his 6th and my impending 50th birthday, followed by the 1st day of the third test v India at Southampton. Then it's back into exile in Ireland.

I'm sure I'll watch events unfold in Brazil and end up going totally OTT and shaming a once proud family XD XD (hard not to over here with the locals cheering for Anyone But England).

Enjoy whatever you get up to :heart: .

Umm I do read your posts you cheeky monkey XD

Enjoy your holiday drinking Beer in Beer my friend.

As for me I'll be off camping in august, before that though I've got a wedding party in Oxford next week for my Niece who has just got married in Fiji.

The week

yubbywelch
07-06-2014, 01:31 AM
The temperature just dropped a couple of degrees.

I told my girls to shut the fridge, and now its back to mid to high 20's.

;S