PDA

View Full Version : England players told to show passion by belting out national anthem

fmadmin
02-06-2014, 09:16 AM
Roy Hodgson will ask his players to put their passion on display at the World Cup by belting out the national anthem. - view external link (www.england-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/england_players_told_to_show_passion_by_belting_ou t_national_anthem_834000/index.shtml)

jiltedjohn
02-06-2014, 05:43 PM
God Save The Queen is the worst national anthem ever for both England and Britain imo, time it was binned.

cpw_cpw
02-06-2014, 06:39 PM
too true.

an anthem celebrating the ppl rather than an individual is always more rousing.

the continentals know what they're doing.

JoePublic
02-06-2014, 07:58 PM
I'd rather they showed passion by scoring 3 every match.

jiltedjohn
02-06-2014, 08:25 PM
England is a multi-cultural country, perhaps your national anthem should have a samba rhythm to it.

Why do you sing the British anthem anyway?

alfinyalcabo
02-06-2014, 08:52 PM
England is a multi-cultural country, perhaps your national anthem should have a samba rhythm to it.

Do scothland have a national anthem JJ?

jiltedjohn
03-06-2014, 05:23 AM
WE have Flower of Scotland and Scotland the Brave, I'm sure Salmond will be dreaming up his own anthem, it will probably be in the native tongue of the people - Polish.

Superbia_In_Prodis
06-06-2014, 06:50 PM

Because we are British ;)

wolves71
06-06-2014, 08:01 PM
It makes me cringe each time i hear it. It should be something that represents all the nation and not one person. Players shouldn't be forced to sing it.

Superbia_In_Prodis
06-06-2014, 08:04 PM
It makes me cringe each time i hear it. It should be something that represents all the nation and not one person. Players shouldn't be forced to sing it.

No one is forced to sing it , they do it because they are proud.

WATP , GSTQ

wolves71
06-06-2014, 08:13 PM

No one is forced to sing it , they do it because they are proud.

WATP , GSTQ[/quote]

England should get their own anthem though ;D

jiltedjohn
06-06-2014, 08:19 PM
I used to class myself as British first and foremost (being a Scot), no longer, I now class myself as European (or WORLDIST;if that is a word?). All this patriotic sh*t while our politicians flood the country with foreigners- not for the well being of the people of this land but for the ECONOMY and the rich and wealthy bankers which control us.
Our politicians, royals and religious leaders are no more than conmen.
BIN THE ROYALS

Acido
07-06-2014, 10:38 PM
WHO CARES ?? :/

We might actually have a team one day who are capable of winning something. Would fans care then if they didnt sing the anthem beforehand ?

A load of pointless nonsense this, Im 100% English but I couldnt care less about singing our anthem.

wolves71
08-06-2014, 12:03 PM
WHO CARES ?? :/

We might actually have a team one day who are capable of winning something. Would fans care then if they didnt sing the anthem beforehand ?

A load of pointless nonsense this, Im 100% English but I couldnt care less about singing our anthem.

Not in my lifetime ;D

As for the anthem, as long as hey give their all on the pitch, the anthem doesn't mean a lot to me anyway, despite me thinking it should be changed :P

alfinyalcabo
08-06-2014, 12:10 PM
I actually think the anthem should be sang out loud by the players,also that the players should not be paid for playing for their country only expenses,then we might get a team that is willing to give a 100 per cent,unlike some of these players we havenowadays..

jiltedjohn
12-06-2014, 08:02 PM
I've never heard the Spanish team sing their national anthem. :?