PDA

View Full Version : World Cup...

claw84
02-06-2014, 02:20 PM
anyone going, if so give us the lowdown on your return, I'm sure it would be interesting.

I could not afford to go, even if I did I would not like to keep looking over my shoulder all the time for the next mugger. Lovely place but far too much crime to enjoy yourself.

Think you would be safer down Peckham high street on a saturday night. Mind you it would be tasty ogling all those fit birds wearing thongs on the Cococabana. ;D

frenchlion
02-06-2014, 05:07 PM
Evening Claw... I went to Brazil with my wife about about 10 years ago touring around. There are some really nice places to visit but Jeez you've got to be careful.
Personally I have never experienced such a sense of insecurity as I did in Rio...geographically its very beautiful... but dangerous to the point of spoiling the end of our tour. Any advise I can give to anybody gong..is stay grouped.
Cheers

lion1
02-06-2014, 05:13 PM
anyone going, if so give us the lowdown on your return, I'm sure it would be interesting.

I could not afford to go, even if I did I would not like to keep looking over my shoulder all the time for the next mugger. Lovely place but far too much crime to enjoy yourself.

Think you would be safer down Peckham high street on a saturday night. Mind you it would be tasty ogling all those fit birds wearing thongs on the Cococabana. ;D

that when they mug you !! I did think of going but prices just kept going up and up.

Know some Wall going and there idea of cheap lodgeings made me laugh,as they have been there before with England,it appears you can book a room for 3hrs in the "good time houses" a at acheap price.

But trouble with that is what you might bring home...

I am afaid margate for me this year B) B) B)

claw84
02-06-2014, 06:00 PM
Evening Claw... I went to Brazil with my wife about about 10 years ago touring around. There are some really nice places to visit but Jeez you've got to be careful.
Personally I have never experienced such a sense of insecurity as I did in Rio...geographically its very beautiful... but dangerous to the point of spoiling the end of our tour. Any advise I can give to anybody gong..is stay grouped.
Cheers Sounds like good advice Frenchy, and you took your wife too so I guess that stopped you straying. ;D

claw84
02-06-2014, 06:21 PM

that when they mug you !! I did think of going but prices just kept going up and up.

Know some Wall going and there idea of cheap lodgeings made me laugh,as they have been there before with England,it appears you can book a room for 3hrs in the "good time houses" a at acheap price.

But trouble with that is what you might bring home...

I am afaid margate for me this year B) B) B)[/quote] Nothing wrong with Margate Lion1 I've had some good times down there, and

frenchlion
02-06-2014, 06:22 PM
Cheers Sounds like good advice Frenchy, and you took your wife too so I guess that stopped you straying. ;D[/quote]

Too true Claw! The other piece of advise I forgot to mention is ..leave your wives and girlfriends in Blighty...the "talent" on show is by no means a myth!

zampa100
02-06-2014, 06:34 PM
my cousin has a second hand shop just outside Margate.Margate really run down now and just up the road you have Cliftonville soon to be red Cosserville

claw84
03-06-2014, 02:41 PM
What's happened to cliftonville Zampa, used to be a nice place with a good bandstand playing decent music.

zampa100
03-06-2014, 05:19 PM
its now full of the dregs of society,drugs,prositutes and every nationality you can think of,all the lovely big houses turned into flats and thenlots have fallen in nead of repair.its really cheap if you are looking to get on the housing ladder

claw84
03-06-2014, 06:10 PM
It sounds grim Zampa. Our politicians should hang their heads in shame. Especially Blair who let in over 3 million when he was PM.

Of course he was hoping they would all vote for him and his party, no wonder UKIP did so well lately.