PDA

View Full Version : Me Old Gran

bwfcforever
05-06-2014, 05:13 PM
passed away today 99 , she would have turned hundred on 3rd jan :blue: :blue:

she went down hill over the past few days sadly , however she did say to me only the other day " at least i wont have to suffer another world cup "

RIP me old granny

Artist
05-06-2014, 06:00 PM
Sorry to see your sad news mate.
She got to a cracking age though eh.

TundraWolf
05-06-2014, 06:25 PM
Sad news indeed, BW; be really good to have some bits of her personal history as a means of keeping her life fresh for those who may wish to look back. I'll give you an example...

My Aunt Marjorie was born in 1898, on the Canadian side of the US-Canadian border just south east of Montreal. In 1912 she started a daily diary in which she recorded events in her and her family's life without fail. She stopped writing in it in 1960. Lots of great stuff about the family history, but also their reaction to world events: at age 12, in 1917, my father marched in a "Buy War Bonds Parade" through the streets of Montreal; he and my aunt used to go to Charlie Chaplin movies during the war, marveled in 1927 at the first 'talking pictures', and reported first-hand on the 1918 world-wide influenza epidemic, which carried away many of their classmates, and struggled through the Great Depression.

See if any written records exist or pool together info held by family members that were gleaned from her o

bwfcforever
05-06-2014, 06:38 PM
its really odd you should mention that tundra...over the past few weeks , each time i have called she has spoke to me about her early life ( never before has she been so detailed ) she told me about my grandad ( he passed away yrs back ) who kept POWs up in the north east & he gave em cigs , they gave bits & pieces ( one must have been a artist , cause he skecthed a pici of me granny & grandad , to this day its still sat on the mantle piece , Given the centenary of WW1 recently both me & me old fella thought this had triggered her memory bank so to speak , she told us about events more just after the war & how her life ( & others ) were effected

dazzyo-villa
05-06-2014, 07:25 PM
Really sorry to hear this Bw but wow what an age eh pal, bet she had some story's to tell?

Keep well matey

bwfcforever
05-06-2014, 07:51 PM
cheers boys

i got my head round it a few weeks back TBH , none the less hard for me brother & me old man :blue:

alfinyalcabo
05-06-2014, 10:26 PM
Condolences to you and your family BW.. A shame she didn't live to receive the queens telegram :blue: not a bad innings though 99. B)

chalky-ncfc
05-06-2014, 11:05 PM
Sorry to hear about the news of your gran bw...

I bet she knew some good stories...

bwfcforever
06-06-2014, 04:00 PM
cheers boys

wolves71
06-06-2014, 07:59 PM
My condolences bwfcforever.

Superbia_In_Prodis
06-06-2014, 08:34 PM
sad news mate :(

lescand
07-06-2014, 07:09 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss BW death is never good, but what a full life she had and the changes she saw in her lifetime will probably never be repeated in a single lifetime again