PDA

View Full Version : Can we have our painting back?

BlueAdder
07-06-2014, 01:42 PM
When Mandaric left Pompey he took a painting from our boardroom with him. It was a painting showing HMS Victory and was presented to PFC by Lord Montgomery of Alamien when he was President of Portsmouth Football Club.
It is now believed to be hanging in the boardroom at Sheffield Wednesday.
Can we have it back please?

braggyowl
07-06-2014, 01:48 PM
No, Mandy knicked it cos it was worth 17 million quid...

If you want it back go and ask the CO-OP...:P

micksablade
07-06-2014, 02:31 PM
When Mandaric left Pompey he took a painting from our boardroom with him. It was a painting showing HMS Victory and was presented to PFC by Lord Montgomery of Alamien when he was President of Portsmouth Football Club.
Perhaps Mandy misheard when he took over and was asked to bring his own paint in :D

blades58
07-06-2014, 10:37 PM
Perhaps Mandy misheard when he took over and was asked to bring his own paint in :D[/quote]

XD XD very good Mick

braggyowl
08-06-2014, 09:31 AM
Yeah very good Mick, the paint jibe again...Nearly as bad as ours though with the cladding one..:zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

SallyKate
08-06-2014, 12:37 PM
Too late it's lost in the basement with other old relics like Portsmouth and United.

Katchouro
08-06-2014, 10:11 PM
Made me laugh. XD

BlueAdder
14-06-2014, 07:37 PM
You're a hard bunch. ;D

Seriously though, do you know if you even have it?

SallyKate
15-06-2014, 12:57 AM
Don't know Blue to be honest. Not a lot of oil paintings in South Yorkshire - me included.

But on a serious note - if we or Mr Mandric has it it should be returned. It belongs to Portsmouth - the people of Portsmouth (and the nation) - who I think from past experience are a fine bunch, decent supporters from a lovely city (for the South lol) and deserve to be in a higher league for their loyalty.

Good luck with your quest - wish I could help - but I am but a pleb.Although I will write and ask.

SKT xxxx

PS: I am feeling guilty for my glib reply earlier - but sorweee I couldn't resist. No offence meant I'm a sweet girl at heart.

Rotherhamowl10
16-06-2014, 10:38 AM
You're a hard bunch. ;D

Seriously though, do you know if you even have it?

Stumbled into the boardroom after a few too many when we gained promotion at the pigs expense. Can't remember seeing the painting you speak of, saying that, I can't remember much from that night ;D

Avenger
19-06-2014, 05:28 PM
This painting? https://twitter.com/AlanBiggs1/status/479368221632385024/photo/1