PDA

View Full Version : Fao Bluesince62

spionkop
09-06-2014, 07:46 AM
Saw, " in the other place" that you were enquiring about Budapest for a weekend break. About ten years ago we did a three city tour of Vienna, Prague and Budapest and that's how I would rate them in order of preference.
It all depends what you are looking for but in terms of culture, museums, palaces, street cafes, restaurants and shopping Vienna left the others standing. To our surprise it was also the cheapest, although it has the reputation of being very expensive.
Budapest had some nice parts but the pubs were rough, the streets dirty and there was a lot of violence there ( my daughter also went there and had her case nicked from the hotel lobby).
Now I qualify the above by saying that they are the views of an "old git" and that you and Mrs BS62 may be looking for something different to what I prefer but thought you might be interested in my view. Wherever you go, do have a great time and congratulations on your forthcoming anniversary.
Rg.

bluesince62
09-06-2014, 06:49 PM
Thanks for the info Spion - much appreciated. Always a bit subjective but we do tend to like the alternative side of things so Budapest sounds like our kind of place.

Berlin and Cork have been our favourite Cities so far over Barcelona and Madrid, probably tells you a bit about us :)

Thanks again - as you know, not easy getting a straight answer in 'the other place' :D

KRO