PDA

View Full Version : transfer up date

bolt
09-06-2014, 10:52 AM
what we have got and what may still come is more than I expected, all things considered

follow link - view external link (http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-city-talks-sign-stephen-7236740)

spionkop
09-06-2014, 11:17 AM
Stephen Gleeson has signed apparently. Highly rated by most. Clark seems to be signing some useful players and is obviously working hard at it.
Rg

aKROKiwi
09-06-2014, 11:22 AM
Full marks to Clark for doing business early. Let's hope the uses the time he's got to get the team playing in a definite style and to a definite plan, and to make sure they are drilled properly.

spionkop
09-06-2014, 06:38 PM
Following extracted from one of the MK Dons supporters boards:-

"Absolutely gutted hes gone, a key cog in the Dons Midfield, he helped make it tick, a seriously good player, we will miss him big time, the only thing i would say is was MK Dons good for Glesson Yes, Was Gleeson good for MK Dons Yes, fully deserves a shot at the Championship and it should have been with us, think we failed the fella there in my opinion, age is on his side, wish him all the best."

Rg

bolt
11-06-2014, 03:49 PM
Wes Thomas Signs For Blues

Birmingham City have signed Wes Thomas on a Bosman free transfer from Rotherham United.

Thomas comes back to St Andrews on a two year deal, making it four summer signings for Lee Clark so far.

The 27 year old had recently rejected a new deal with the Millers who made it to the Championship last season via the play offs.

Thomas has been on loan with City in 2013 when he scored three times in 11 appearances. At the time his parent club was Bournemouth and Blues could not afford at the time to make the deal a permanent one

bolt
12-06-2014, 10:29 PM
an more keep them coming - view external link (http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-city-gavin-gunning-david-7260501)

bluesince62
14-06-2014, 01:31 PM
I'm happier that we are getting players in who will belong to the club - the loans last season almost cost us a relegation. I don't think Clark knows what to do with a big squad and this season it looks like being a smaller squad but with fewer loan players.

Despite the standard of player coming in being a slight worry they are of a good age, but the best thing is with a smaller squad Clark won't be able to dick about with the team so much!

It's going to be another battle - let's hope that having more of 'our own' players in a tighter squad will help - and that some kind of investment comes into the club in time for the January window. All the noises from HK (stock exchange) are sounding like there will be no quick fix, owner wise.

KRO