PDA

View Full Version : Virgin.

jiltedjohn
09-06-2014, 05:54 PM
Anyone get an email from them?
I got an email saying press the button and they'll up the speed of my broadband to 100Mb, when I do it, they then ask for an email address so they can notify me :? ffs, they emailed me, then it goes on about 'any extra charge' ffs they said it's a free upgrade. :?

cpw_cpw
09-06-2014, 06:58 PM
link reckons it's free, but you have to agree to roll your contract over. perhaps that's what charge is.

do you need 100mb? try a speed test and see what you're getting. they're free. - view external link (http://www.simplifydigital.co.uk/news/articles/2014/02/virgin-media-begins-rolling-out-speed-upgrades/)

chalky-ncfc
09-06-2014, 06:58 PM
I once got a call on my landline asking if i wanted a mobile as well as Virgin tv,when i said that i would think about it they asked me for a contact number...XD

jiltedjohn
09-06-2014, 07:14 PM
I pay for UP TO 60 and get around 20 :blue:

Surely if my hub and their other equipment is capable of 100, then I should get 100 without signing anything. :?

cpw_cpw
09-06-2014, 08:37 PM
dunno not with virgin, but i take it you bought a package with broadbands speeds upto...

they've since laid some new cable and they're trying to get you for another 12 months. suspect once that contract expires they will hit you for more money.

jiltedjohn
09-06-2014, 08:51 PM
They took money off my package when ESPN lost some rights, then I got free BT, then the package went up again earlier this year, it's dearer than ever, 112 quid a month, plus I've a mobile contract on top of that, hoping of moving house soon so will scout about for a better deal then.

jiltedjohn
14-06-2014, 03:36 PM
I got a letter from Virgin saying some mobile charges are going up some coming down :?

I hear Sky Sports are bringing out another channel, I suppose that will be an excuse to put up prices.