PDA

View Full Version : Zigic spits on Blues

spionkop
10-06-2014, 08:44 AM
It would appear that this leech who has received over 12 million pounds in wages over the last four years hasn't even had the decency to respond to Blues offer of an extended contract of 5000 pounds per week, which is the maximum that Blues are offering to any player.
Clark has revealed that Chris Burke has spoken to him and stated that he has received a number of better offers and is unlikely to be staying with the club whereas "Nikola hasn't accepted our offer, he hasn't been in touch, so we will be looking for a replacement for him." Nuff said.
Rg

viperblue
11-06-2014, 06:14 AM
Although I can not blame him for looking for a better deal he stated he is happy at the Blues and in Birmingham and his family is settled.
Is this the same bull sh*t we heard from Gardener before he jumped ship
KRO

generalblue
11-06-2014, 07:04 AM
I don't agree.
At times he's been frustrating and his body language attracts negativity.
At other times he has been our best player - a real handful.
He's scored ***** goals in big games and whilst not exactly a talisman, if he does move on, I'll miss him.
I certainly ain't gonna crucify the bloke for the contract that he and his agent secured. It was agreed and we can't turn the clocks back.

I prefer the positive memories of the big fellah !!
Whatever he chooses, I'll wish him all the best.

spionkop
11-06-2014, 08:21 AM
My views on him as a player are well known but don't you think it discourteous of him or his agent not to respond to the offer, if only to say that it was unacceptable?
From the wording of Clark's statement, which was respectful in thanking him for his service, I got the impression that he wasn't bothered that he would be moving on. It will be interesting to see if he gets another club or calls it a day. His goal scoring record at Blues has been poor and this, coupled with Clark's indictment of his lack of effort in training, won't have made him hot property.
Rg

Fresnoblue
11-06-2014, 06:08 PM
Is it just possible Ziggy is waiting to see if there are any other options out there? Maybe I am being willfully naive.

viperblue
11-06-2014, 10:04 PM
you are!!!

BluenoseCardiff
12-06-2014, 08:33 AM
I dont think its naive at all, Its early in the close season, we are in the process of being sold, if and when we are LC is likely to be given the boot why commit yourself to a contract at this stage?

I would add that I dont think that its down to Ziggy necessarily, his agent has been an arrogant s**t during most of Zig's time at Blues and has not always given him the best advice, perhaps delayed negotiations would have been a better response.

Shame about Burke as he has always said that he is very happy at Blues, lets hope nobody takes him though not much chance of that.

bluesince62
12-06-2014, 04:52 PM
I don't agree.
At times he's been frustrating and his body language attracts negativity.
At other times he has been our best player - a real handful.
He's scored ***** goals in big games and whilst not exactly a talisman, if he does move on, I'll miss him.
I certainly ain't gonna crucify the bloke for the contract that he and his agent secured. It was agreed and we can't turn the clocks back.

I prefer the positive memories of the big fellah !!
Whatever he chooses, I'll wish him all the best.

This entirely. Smacks of 'propaganda' off the club anyway. No matter what - he was part of Blues most successful period ever. Cheers big man, all the best and thanks.

bassman
13-06-2014, 10:35 AM
It would appear that this leech who has received over 12 million pounds in wages over the last four years hasn't even had the decency to respond to Blues offer of an extended contract of 5000 pounds per week, which is the maximum that Blues are offering to any player.
Clark has revealed that Chris Burke has spoken to him and stated that he has received a number of better offers and is unlikely to be staying with the club whereas "Nikola hasn't accepted our offer, he hasn't been in touch, so we will be looking for a replacement for him." Nuff said.
Rg

A typically balanced view from spion regarding Zigic :-)
Whilst Zigic 's position at blues was an uncomfortable fit for some supporters, for many he became a cult hero, for most of his time at blues he was misused by managers who seemed to think he was all about heading the ball, some fans of the club think that a good player is one that runs about like a headless chicken whilst ot

bassman
13-06-2014, 01:02 PM
sorry it was a headed first goal at bolton not equaliser i got excited again ;-)

bolt
13-06-2014, 09:29 PM
In the great overall history of blues forwards since say 1955 Zigic is much nearer the bottom than the top and that is a fact, so personally for me cheerio and thanks

bassman
13-06-2014, 09:52 PM
In the great overall history of blues forwards since say 1955 Zigic is much nearer the bottom than the top and that is a fact, so personally for me cheerio and thanks

depends how you look at it , you could have a forward play a hundred games and score 50 goals gets a ratio of 1in 2 pretty good on paper but if half of those goals were in games we lost then their value is diminished , Zigic may have a ratio poorer than many but his goals have won or inspired seriously important games in which case their value is higher.History only tells part of the story , as i said , it will be a long time before the fans of our club can get excited about a signing of his magnitude

kropotkin56
16-06-2014, 02:16 PM

Where would you rate Alex Harley, then?

spionkop
16-06-2014, 05:23 PM
One things for sure Zigic will not be joining Southampton - the following is taken from Wiki:-
"However he was unsuccessful in nailing down a starting place in the team (Valencia) under coach Ronald Koeman, who mostly used him as a sub or not at all."
Rg

bolt
17-06-2014, 08:47 AM

Where would you rate Alex Harley, then?[/quote]

Not top draw for sure checked on wilki it was a long time ago

Harley joined Birmingham City in the close season for £42,000, thereby staying in the top division. He scored 9 goals in 28 League appearances for Birmingham, and moved back to Scotland in 1965, joining Dundee. He made just ten appearances for Dundee, scoring four goals, and was then transferred to Northern Irish club Portadown.[1][2]

Harley died in Birmingham in 1969.[3]

what is interesting that Man City only paid £19500 for him and sold him to us for a big profit when he was in his decline
---------------
And not as good as these forwards for sure,
Eddy Brown

Brown's career at Birmingham coincided with pr

bolt
17-06-2014, 09:58 AM
Now that was a forward line be it 5 XD

spionkop
17-06-2014, 10:10 AM
Alex Harley was one of my biggest disappointments. At the time he was Blues record signing and I saw him in the opening match of the season at Stan's. He looked like a bronzed adonis, with a similar chunky build to Maradonna.
He scored a stack of goals for Man. City but most of them had been created by a great inside forward who Cithee had at the time, whose I forget. Without him he was lost and had an awful time with us. Sadly he died at a very young age

kropotkin56
20-06-2014, 02:23 AM
Alex Harley was one of my biggest disappointments. At the time he was Blues record signing and I saw him in the opening match of the season at Stan's. He looked like a bronzed adonis, with a similar chunky build to Maradonna.
He scored a stack of goals for Man. City but most of them had been created by a great inside forward who Cithee had at the time, whose I forget. Without him he was lost and had an awful time with us. Sadly he died at a very young age

Yes - Harley was perhaps the biggest disappointment of all time (there have been all kinds of crap signings since then - but this WAS a record fee. He was certainly banging them in at Man City before we signed him - so far as I remember, their inside forwards were Peter Dobing and George Hannah, neither too shabby, with Dave Wagstaffe, who went on to be a star at Wolves, on the wing.

On the other hand, we had Jimmy Bloomfield and Bertie Auld. I think the problem was that G

spionkop
20-06-2014, 08:51 AM
Peter Dobie , that was the. Thanks for reminding me - he was a great maker of goals. You are spot one
re. your comments about Ken Leek (what a player he was - I think his goals to match ratio at Blues was one of the best since the war) and Jimmy Harris. Thanks for that.
Rg