PDA

View Full Version : Chris Waddle

aussieowl
10-06-2014, 10:50 PM
I can only hope the rumours aren't true...fantastic player for us but manager material?...to be honest he comes across as a bit of a knob when I've heard him, plus does anybody who thinks David Beckham isn't in the top 1000 players in England really know owt about football management.

Apart from that I believe Gray should be given his chance.

braggyowl
11-06-2014, 12:55 PM
Yeah it wouldn't be fair on Gray and tbh aussie like you say, a brilliant player doesn't necessarily make a great manager..Remember the job he did at burnley.:s

As much as I loved Chrissy as a player I reckon he'd definitely be the wrong choice as manager..But who knows what this new bloke has in mind.

He's got a good tight grip on the purse strings now so whatever happens is gonna happen anyway...Really looking forward to the roller coaster ride though...Bring it on :)

Katchouro
11-06-2014, 01:37 PM
I'd lurve Waddle to get the job. Champions League before you know it.

Just imagine it. Massiv Mammary, Waddler, Auntie-New-He, Weeping Semedo, Glenn 'For Sure' Loovens and your French Africans.

It'll be more like an episode of 'mind your Language' than a football club.

#Azerbaijanidreams

braggyowl
11-06-2014, 01:47 PM
He's not gonna get it you idiot...Just like Roberto Di matteo WAS NEVER gonna get the pig job...Even though you were jizzing your pants for weeks actually believing that he was! >;)

Katchouro
11-06-2014, 01:54 PM
Of course I did braggy. ;) It's as true today as it was the first time you said it.

I'd usually share my anecdote right about now of how Waddle once said to me 'is there anything you don't know about football?' - but now is not the time, you're all too busy wetting your knickers spending the Azerbaijani's money.

I've a gut feeling it'll end in tears, tears wearing Sondico tracksuits. And my gut feelings are seldom wrong.

redgreggie
11-06-2014, 01:57 PM
calm down Katch, your envy is showing...

yes, you've got your investment, you didn't think we'd get any-one come in, but...they have, and you're worried...worried because we're already established in the league that you're trying to get in, and you're worried that we might just take another step up.

I don't give two hoots for promotion, that's not how our new owner will see things, but as long as we can compete, and compete well in this league, then I'm happy.

there's never any guarantee that promotion follows investment, but the added security will do for me.

have a listen to this music track, see what you think...

ray...in Batley. - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxR0JY-FMh8)

Katchouro
11-06-2014, 02:06 PM
You've read me like a book there ray. I'm bricking it here a tell thee.

I mean we've not had a situation of listening to you lot gunner do this and gunner do that since, well since the 'Saviour' took over.

I foresee more comedy failure and stagnation under the Azerbaijani. Which you won't mind as you detest the Premiership.

ps Nice to see the word 'paint' in your music link.

redgreggie
11-06-2014, 02:21 PM
yes, I'm happy where we are...and competing like we did last season...that'll do me.

did you like the tune?

here's another one

ray...in Batley. - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cY1nkLWkbY)

braggyowl
11-06-2014, 02:33 PM
Of course I did braggy. ;) It's as true today as it was the first time you said it.

I'd usually share my anecdote right about now of how Waddle once said to me 'is there anything you don't know about football?' - but now is not the time, you're all too busy wetting your knickers spending the Azerbaijani's money.

I've a gut feeling it'll end in tears, tears wearing Sondico tracksuits. And my gut feelings are seldom wrong.

And I've got a gut feeling katch that you are really really really really jealous of our take over...Could be wrong like, but doubt it. ;)

braggyowl
11-06-2014, 02:35 PM
calm down Katch, your envy is showing...

yes, you've got your investment, you didn't think we'd get any-one come in, but...they have, and you're worried...worried because we're already established in the league that you're trying to get in, and you're worried that we might just take another step up.

I don't give two hoots for promotion, that's not how our new owner will see things, but as long as we can compete, and compete well in this league, then I'm happy.

there's never any guarantee that promotion follows investment, but the added security will do for me.

have a listen to this music track, see what you think...

ray...in Batley.

Ray, once again you win post of the week mate. :star:

braggyowl
11-06-2014, 02:37 PM
post number 7..The most desperate post for a long, long while on here.

The air has turned green...

it's hurting em...hurting em MASSIVELY.

hirstyboywonder
11-06-2014, 03:33 PM
You've read me like a book there ray. I'm bricking it here a tell thee.

I mean we've not had a situation of listening to you lot gunner do this and gunner do that since, well since the 'Saviour' took over.

I foresee more comedy failure and stagnation under the Azerbaijani. Which you won't mind as you detest the Premiership.

ps Nice to see the word 'paint' in your music link.

Gunner do this and that not heard since the saviour took over?

If by saviour you mean Milan then at the time he took over we were on the verge of being wound up by HMRC and were in the 3rd division.
What we were 'gunner do' was move away from financial ruin, get out of the 3rd division and consolidate a position in the Championship.

Tell us which part of what we were 'gunner do' hasn't happened.

In the same period you were going to leave us behind as you walked League One, go a season unbeaten in League One (Twice), reinvent the way football is

hirstyboywonder
11-06-2014, 03:34 PM
I'd lurve Waddle to get the job. Champions League before you know it.

Just imagine it. Massiv Mammary, Waddler, Auntie-New-He, Weeping Semedo, Glenn 'For Sure' Loovens and your French Africans.

It'll be more like an episode of 'mind your Language' than a football club.

#Azerbaijanidreams

Comes across as slightly xenophobic that post.

Katchouro
11-06-2014, 04:00 PM

Of course it does. When I'm not using deaths to point score, trivialising rape, or dashing new born babies heads against a wall I'm enjoying spreading racial hatred online.

Thank heaven's I've got Mr feigned outrage to pull me up. You really do make the internet a better place - and fun, so much fun.

hirstyboywonder
11-06-2014, 04:41 PM

Of course it does. When I'm not using deaths to point score, trivialising rape, or dashing new born babies heads against a wall I'm enjoying spreading racial hatred online.

Thank heaven's I've got Mr feigned outrage to pull me up. You really do make the internet a better place - and fun, so much fun.[/quote]

It was a pretty thinly veiled dig conveniently mocking many of our foreign based players only.

Glad to be of service. You do know that the internet is a World Wide Web?
You could go and look for 'fun' elsewhere if you are not getting it here? My guess is that you do but you still come back for more.

Good of you to reply straight away to this post but not the 'gunner do this' rant that you started.
Taking your time to come back with one of your completely factual to the point responses?

Katchouro
11-06-2014, 05:40 PM
There was nothing for me to address in your other post. Just you creating straw men to prove some non existent point. In fact at the time of you posting I was busy mocking a Wednesday fan next door who was telling us that 'it's us again who the footballing world will be taking notice of' and 'The Massive are on our way back to our rightful perch, the promised land.'

XD He was being deadly serious as well.

You should watch 'Mind your Language', in all its non PC glory. Might lighten you up a bit, a bit of joviality never hurt anyone. Your new owner probably likes Norman Wisdom, or is that Albania? Doesn't matter, they're all the same. ;)

Sagolun

Bluestripe
11-06-2014, 07:52 PM
I can only hope the rumours aren't true...fantastic player for us but manager material?...to be honest he comes across as a bit of a knob when I've heard him, plus does anybody who thinks David Beckham isn't in the top 1000 players in England really know owt about football management.

Apart from that I believe Gray should be given his chance.

Agree Waddle has no football Mgmnt form

Now we've become HRH Massive, take our time...and that means Stuart Gray.
Let's avoid the farce that unfolded at sheff utd, who treated us to the spectacle of an extended selection procedure - which yielded David Weir.

Katchouro
11-06-2014, 08:05 PM
Stuart Gray is no Antoine Kombouare or Milenko Pantic in terms of profile and his appointment was made through gritted teeth by Madaric.

He seems like a decent bloke but lacks the profile and the CV I think the new guy is looking for. He'll at first be head coach under a DOF I would imagine - always a combustible set up.

A shame but I think Gray will be on gardening leave before long.

Bluestripe
11-06-2014, 08:40 PM
Hafiz Mammadov will do what any business owner would do - he'll take 6 mths to assess what would grow the SWFC brand...you MIGHTY OWLS!!

redgreggie
12-06-2014, 09:10 AM
There was nothing for me to address in your other post. Just you creating straw men to prove some non existent point. In fact at the time of you posting I was busy mocking a Wednesday fan next door who was telling us that 'it's us again who the footballing world will be taking notice of' and 'The Massive are on our way back to our rightful perch, the promised land.'

XD He was being deadly serious as well.

You should watch 'Mind your Language', in all its non PC glory. Might lighten you up a bit, a bit of joviality never hurt anyone. Your new owner probably likes Norman Wisdom, or is that Albania? Doesn't matter, they're all the same. ;)

Sagolun

Katch...it's called plagarism (sagolun)...you know what I mean...

ray...in Batley.

banno
12-06-2014, 10:15 AM
Stuart Gray is no Antoine Kombouare or Milenko Pantic in terms of profile and his appointment was made through gritted teeth by Madaric.

He seems like a decent bloke but lacks the profile and the CV I think the new guy is looking for. He'll at first be head coach under a DOF I would imagine - always a combustible set up.

The new bloke hasn't opened his mouth yet and katch is off down the garden path telling us what will happen and where it will go wrong.
He's a very worried little girl.
Of course he has a gut feeling it will end in tears, the alternative doesn't bare thinking about for the porkers.
There's only one way we can go from where we have been in the last few decades
BRING IT ON!
THE WEDNESDAY

braggyowl
12-06-2014, 10:54 AM
I really could not have put that better myself.

Rotherhamowl10
12-06-2014, 11:02 AM

The new bloke hasn't opened his mouth yet and katch is off down the garden path telling us what will happen and where it will go wrong.
He's a very worried little girl.
Of course he has a gut feeling it will end in tears, the alternative doesn't bare thinking about for the porkers.
There's only one way we can go from where we have been in the last few decades
BRING IT ON!
THE WEDNESDAY[/quote]

One of Katch's famous predictions - I can't recall him ever getting one right. Somebody nail down them goa