PDA

View Full Version : So what's it going to mean.

aussieowl
10-06-2014, 11:42 PM
If it means we stop flirting with the third division that's a step forward..;)

Maybe we can end the reliance on loan players & compete with those that come down from the prem...can't see Mamma spending mega bucks getting promotion in a single season, FFP & all that but maybe 3 or 4 seasons & we could look at getting up, staying there is another task all together.

Hopefully there will be some money spent on the ground itself but won't hold my breath waiting on that one.

I also reckon the Steel City derby will be back after this season so it'll be a case of who gets promotion first.

awayowl
11-06-2014, 06:10 AM
For me, I would like it to mean a new ground, a succesful team competent in the prem and no Cardiff type interference, whether any will happen remains to be seen. Realistically I see a competant champs team for three more years.

Owler
11-06-2014, 07:10 PM
I'm not expecting instant promotion though it would be nice.

A season where we're in top half for most of it and a couple of decent cup runs would be ideal, then pushing on following season and challenging for top 6.

Not too bothered about moving to a new stadium, either knock down West stand and build a new 5 or 6,000 seater stand or spruce it up with a new roof and fill one or both corners in.

Ginger_Potts
11-06-2014, 07:30 PM
All I can hear is Piglet's squealing...hic...still celebrating.

Southenders
12-06-2014, 09:53 AM
A lot depends on who you bring in player wise, and how Gray copes with it all, assuming he is kept on as manager. All you need, if the sums being bandied about are realistic, is a little luck and a good start. It will help too if you can do your business early, as NC seems to be doing with us, then at least you will have a good pre season for any new players to fit in. Exciting times for both Sheffield teams next season, what price a double promotion party? As many have said, would be class to both meet again in the Prem in a few years time, especially if we can remain competitive in that league. Manchester and Liverpool need some time out of the limelight, fingers crossed Sheffield can become a footballing force once again. Roll on next season, good luck, and UTB FTO (sorry it's a reflex action) ;D

aussieowl
12-06-2014, 10:25 AM
A lot depends on who you bring in player wise, and how Gray copes with it all, assuming he is kept on as manager. All you need, if the sums being bandied about are realistic, is a little luck and a good start. It will help too if you can do your business early, as NC seems to be doing with us, then at least you will have a good pre season for any new players to fit in. Exciting times for both Sheffield teams next season, what price a double promotion party? As many have said, would be class to both meet again in the Prem in a few years time, especially if we can remain competitive in that league. Manchester and Liverpool need some time out of the limelight, fingers crossed Sheffield can become a footballing force once again. Roll on next season, good luck, and UTB FTO (sorry it's a reflex action) ;D

Has Sheffield ever been a footballing force?...flirting with success every now & then maybe but never a force.

Rotherhamowl10
12-06-2014, 10:38 AM
Like you said Aussie, I would be happy with building a side that we can call our own. Lets stop this reliance on loan players and go out and buy our own players. I am not expecting us to spend millions, a 20 goal a season forward and a couple of quality signings would make me happy for next season.

I would like to see us increase the wage budget, continue to fund the academy and continue to develop the likes of Lavery and Palmer.

This league is extremely hard, a safe mid table finish would be my aim for next season. The fact SWFC can finally compete with clubs in the transfer market makes me happy, you have to go back 15 years for the last time we had any clout to do that.

braggyowl
12-06-2014, 10:41 AM

Great post Mr. Southender...

Although I really don't know why you have to finish off with up the bum and fck the Orient...Is it

Southenders
12-06-2014, 10:44 AM
Yeah braggy, i've never liked Orient, and can't comment on the other observation :O

braggyowl
12-06-2014, 10:49 AM
XD
And an even better reply mate. :D