PDA

View Full Version : World Cup PL Update

CAMiller
16-06-2014, 06:24 PM
With the first round of games completed (at least as far as this PL is concerned), leedsmiller and tony260674 have the edge due to the fact they both have a 2 goal and a clean sheet hero in their picks. Unsurprisingly, considering the margin of victory in two of the featured games (5-1 and 4-0) and the partisan nature of the other one, no poster has yet hit upon a correct scoreline. I'm hoping to garner as many points as possible in these early stages as my pick of Uruguay to win it all is looking slightly ambitious - although they do have an easy game to come ;D

http://i62.tinypic.com/fvpy9.jpg

PS axholme_miller - you forgot to predict on the game scores - still time to add your entries for the remaining 7 games if you want to reply here.

CAM

CAMiller
17-06-2014, 04:51 PM
Update after 2nd round of games completed. Does not include points for teams already through to the last 16 or points due to the fact we already know who the useless ****s are XD

http://i62.tinypic.com/xol7c4.jpg

CAMiller
23-06-2014, 03:18 PM
I just noticed that in the original rules I posted that I omitted Rule 2, Clause B, 100 bonus points if your Dirty B'stard happens to get banned from the tournament for biting an opponent. Anybody have a complaint then see Knocker a.k.a. Adventus2012

CAMiller
26-06-2014, 10:25 PM
With the group stage now complete, NeztheMiller tops the table but it looks like it's going to be a close run thing.

Nez proved to be the best predictor of the last 16 getting 11 correct and was just edged out by The2ndComing as overall champion of the score predictions (46pts to 40). Top overall single score prediction goes to KILL_YOUR_HEROES who correctly had Argentina beating Nigeria 3-2. Useless ****s was the hardest category to score points in with nobody picking the eventual winner's of that accolade, Cameroon. In fact, of the 8 teams picked in this category, 6 actually made it to the last 16 (Costa Rica, Algeria, Greece, Belgium, Switzerland and USA). Only axholme_miller collected on Netherlands being the stars of the group stages and the Dirty B'stards proved hard to spot although spare a thought for CAMiller and Adventus2012 who both had the dirtiest b'stard alive in Suarez but have nothing to show for it as he didn't get a yellow or red card.

Already at the bottom of the

mmniall
27-06-2014, 10:01 AM
CA - I'm afraid I think you have made a mistake.

When we have the normal Prediction League running through the domestic season, you have always been consistent in making sure I am bottom of the table. A glitch in the system appears to mean that this time that is not the case XD

I appreciate that it may not take long for natural order to be restored but please be aware that I have something of a nosebleed in seeing that I do not (quite) prop up the table.

CAMiller
27-06-2014, 09:22 PM
CA - I'm afraid I think you have made a mistake.

When we have the normal Prediction League running through the domestic season, you have always been consistent in making sure I am bottom of the table. A glitch in the system appears to mean that this time that is not the case XD

I appreciate that it may not take long for natural order to be restored but please be aware that I have something of a nosebleed in seeing that I do not (quite) prop up the table.

If it's any a consolation then true to form you were easily the worst with respect to the normal score/result predictions (apart from axholme_miller but that's because he forgot to fill out that section XD).

I'm not sure if anyone's actually paying any attention to this so maybe I'll bump you up to top of the table when I do the next update on Tuesday to see if anyone notices ;D

pip_y
28-06-2014, 09:47 PM
That's only allowed if you post the next round on 1st April 2015. ;D

CAMiller
01-07-2014, 11:12 PM
Latest update sees Nez keeping hold of top spot and he's going to be hard to beat if Argentina go all the way.

http://i58.tinypic.com/24oynty.jpg

CAMiller
06-07-2014, 04:12 PM
Just 3 games left to be played and Nez is hanging on there at the top. There are a couple of permutations that would see him not collecting the the win. Every player has at least 2 of the 4 semi-finalists and a good number have 3 of the 4, however, Holland have proved to be the unpredictable team with most posters going with Spain from that part of the draw.

http://i60.tinypic.com/qocf1s.jpg

CAMiller
09-07-2014, 11:21 PM
The fat lady is singing and just about to deliver the last line as far as Nez being crowned champion is concerned. The only scenario that would see him not winning would be if Aguero scores at least 5 goals on Sunday, Messi does not score and Romero does not keep a clean sheet. Nobody has Germany to win it all and the table below shows in blue where points can potentially still be scored.

It took a herculean effort from mmniall to rob Adventus2012 of the donkey ears but true to form he managed to pull it out in the end XD

http://i59.tinypic.com/2nhdnvn.jpg

mmniall
10-07-2014, 02:52 PM
I knew I could do it XD

NeztheMiller
11-07-2014, 07:55 PM
Well, it looks like i've finally come good with my predicting! :O

Many thanks CAMiller for all the time and effort that you've put in to make it all run smoothly and I've thoroughly enjoyed playing!

You can send my £10,000 winnings via Brin! :P

p.s. I'm looking forward to the "new" prediction league starting soon, and I'm hoping that my predicting stays as good as it has been for the World Cup!

Once again, thank you CAMiller! :star:

CAMiller
14-07-2014, 06:31 PM
Final confirmation that Nez is the 2014 World Cup PL Champion and he will be a million pounds richer by the end of the week (if he wins the lottery XD). Naturally, both myself and Adventus2012 have the excuse that our poor performance was due to losing our Dirty B'stard despite him not receiving a single card - remind me to include that biting bonus in 4 years time ;D

Thanks to everyone for playing and it just goes to show, you shouldn't bet against the Germans in the big competitions.

http://i58.tinypic.com/js0fux.jpg