PDA

View Full Version : The difference one penalty makes

Karl998yr
18-06-2014, 02:09 PM
We will play Derby away for the opener meanwhile Leyton Orient play Chesterfield at home.

What a difference one penalty makes!

LiAmOfRuFc
18-06-2014, 02:25 PM
We will play Derby away for the opener meanwhile Leyton Orient play Chesterfield at home.

I think if we hadn't gone up most people would have still been licking their lips. We would have hammered them ;)

jolly_roger
18-06-2014, 02:33 PM
It's going to be tough.

I just hope we don't resort to slagging off managers and players if we get a few dodgy results.

Karl998yr
18-06-2014, 02:39 PM
No disputing chesterfield at home would have been a great opening day fixture any other time but orients next game is oldham away whereas we play wolves.

I think its football snobbery!

CAMiller
18-06-2014, 03:11 PM

I've been thinking the same, maybe not one penalty though but three, two saved and one scored.

If we had lost that game then it would have been so different in so many respects. For example, that goal, although a great goal would not have become part of RUFC folklore in the same way that Alan Lee's did...and I'm not sure there would have been the resulting T shirt industry and the money that is helping to raise for charities. "Ambitious...but brilliant...but irrelevant" doesn't quite have the same ring to it XD

Karl998yr
18-06-2014, 03:21 PM

I've been thinking the same, maybe not one penalty though but three, two saved and one scored.

If we had lost that game then it would have been so different in so many respects. For example, that goal, although a great goal would not have become part of RUFC folklore in the same way that Alan Lee's did...and I'm not sure there would have been the resulting T shirt industry and the money that is helping to raise for charities. "Ambitious...but brilliant...but irrelevant" doesn't quite have the same ring to it XD[/

Maybe this time next year we will be eagerly anticipating the publishing of the premier league fixtures and there will have been even more fokelore written.

Ludlowmiller
19-06-2014, 08:58 AM
Karl998yr..

True... but the whole season leading upto that penalty also had a tiny bearing on this issue!

You're right though about the fixtures, they look very tempting.
Away days at Barnet, Aldershot & Dagenham etc etc are fading into distant memories...and let us all hope that's where they stay.