PDA

View Full Version : Can't even get upset about it

gazulu
20-06-2014, 12:55 PM
Four years after our p!ss poor showing in South Africa we are pretty back on the plane after just two games and have been shown up for what we are, a mediocre international side. I'm not saying the players didn't give their all because they did and on another day with better finishing the results could have been very different. With such a small pool of players to pick from our team pretty much picks itself which is laughable when you think of our population compared to the likes of Uruguay. Technically we are a mile behind the top sides and we have no real world stars anymore.

It's time now to have a huge shake up in our domestic game and force the clubs to have to play with a certain amount of homegrown players. Many of our Premier teams won't even pick an Englishman in their side now and we wonder why we don't perform at the highest level.

Apart from my own disappointment at our looming exit I've quite enjoyed the World cup in Brazil and how infectious and enjoyable football can

alfinyalcabo
20-06-2014, 02:22 PM
Same here Gaz,i was more upset when your lot escaped relegation. >:)

gazulu
20-06-2014, 02:28 PM
I'd forgot all about the Blues with the world cup going on. Yep we got out of jail last term but hopefully our army of new freebies will catapult us up the league to the dizzy heights of 15th.

alfinyalcabo
20-06-2014, 02:30 PM
Ones thing for sure you will finish above Leeds. XD

bwfcforever
20-06-2014, 02:34 PM
[quote="gazulu"]Four years after our p!ss poor showing in South Africa we are pretty back on the plane after just two games and have been shown up for what we are, a mediocre international side. I'm not saying the players didn't give their all because they did and on another day with better finishing the results could have been very different. With such a small pool of players to pick from our team pretty much picks itself which is laughable when you think of our population compared to the likes of Uruguay. Technically we are a mile behind the top sides and we have no real world stars anymore.

It's time now to have a huge shake up in our domestic game and force the clubs to have to play with a certain amount of homegrown players. Many of our Premier teams won't even pick an Englishman in their side now and we wonder why we don't perform at the highest level.

Apart from my own disappointment at our looming exit I've quite enjoyed the World cup in Brazil an

Acido
20-06-2014, 03:02 PM
there is always a sense of disappointment when we go out, but as I also thought we'd struggle to qualify, I cant feel 'upset' about it this time. At least we're not going to go out on pens again ;)