PDA

View Full Version : How to improve our international teams performances

griff
22-06-2014, 02:49 PM
Reintroduce the Home Internationals. I'm not talking every year, but in the years when there's no World Cup or European Championships. From England's perspective it would help get some of the passion back in a competitive tournament, and the other home nations would again relish the chance to put one over on the old enemy. Not to mention some useful cash in the coffers. And it could be done and dusted in 10 days. And if proves to be successful, why not expand it to include a guest every two years? ROI is obvious, but what about Belgium, or even Holland or France?

In fact, it's such a good idea that the Premier League and FIFA would be certain to derail any plan to introduce it.

Don't know why I bothered, really.

Superbia_In_Prodis
22-06-2014, 03:03 PM
Playing scotland offers no real competition but wales would be a good friendly with Bale

Markovitch
23-06-2014, 02:49 PM
Steady there. England has 50m people so they are doing something wrong as the national team has been **** for years. I think they need to start with the coaching of kids and get them playing proper passing football. When was the last time England had a defender who could position himself of pass a football? Holland have 15m, they can do it

Sir_Judd
23-06-2014, 03:29 PM
Don't pick the ****s, that's what'll learn 'em.

You're welcome.