PDA

View Full Version : Watching...

jiltedjohn
23-06-2014, 10:36 PM
... the news, what an evil world we live in. >:(

SlideySam
23-06-2014, 10:42 PM
I think if watching the news is upsetting you, you should probably give it a rest for a while.

You're really not responsible for all the evil in the world.

Go out, take up a hobby, enjoy yourself.

Return to the news when you're in a better state of mind.

chalky-ncfc
23-06-2014, 10:50 PM
I havent watched the news now for about six months,i always tuned in at one time,i seldom buy a paper either so unless its just laying there waiting to be read i dont bother with that either...

I dont feel that im missing out on anything and i doubt that they need my help with anything on there...

jiltedjohn
23-06-2014, 10:52 PM
Thanx Sam, for a minute I was becoming paranoid all the world problems were down to me, I would go out and enjoy my hobby but the pubs shut in 10 minutes, aaaaaaaahhhhhh!

jiltedjohn
23-06-2014, 11:50 PM
I had to laugh the other day when the news was on about fewer kids learning foreign languages, ffs it wasn't that long ago they were saying english wasn't the first language of many of OUR school kids. :?

jiltedjohn
24-06-2014, 11:39 AM
Every night we see men armed to the teeth fighting in Iraq, estimates say about 1,000 people have been killed in the past three weeks sadly most of them civilians. Sounds more like 'ethnic cleansing' than a war. How Tony Blair can sleep at night only 'god' knows. >:(

jiltedjohn
28-06-2014, 01:15 PM
... the tennis and Nadal farting about with his water bottles so the labels are pointing towards the camera, I'm sure he'll be able to get a job as a shelf stacker in Tesco's when his tennis career is finished.

jiltedjohn
28-06-2014, 10:04 PM
... Kevin Bridges, FAF.

jiltedjohn
03-07-2014, 08:34 PM
Just flicked on Embarrassing Bodies, it's amazing what surgeons can do these days.

TundraWolf
03-07-2014, 11:00 PM
I had to laugh the other day when the news was on about fewer kids learning foreign languages, ffs it wasn't that long ago they were saying english wasn't the first language of many of OUR school kids. :?

Sounds like English is the "foreign language" they are referring to!:blue:

Actually, with English as the official language of business and communication in the European Union there would seem to be fewer reasons for English children to acquire a second language!

jiltedjohn
05-07-2014, 10:24 AM
...Tour de Yorkshire, huge crowds watching some bikes pass in the blink of an eye. (at least it's sunny there).

jiltedjohn
05-07-2014, 11:52 AM
...cyclists taking a p*sh at the side of the road, I wonder if they will get a fixed fine. (the evidence is on film).

jiltedjohn
05-07-2014, 01:47 PM
Cannot believe the crowds at the Tour de France, thousands and thousands of people lining the rural roads, **** knows where their cars are parked, looks like their going to have a long walk home.

jiltedjohn
05-07-2014, 02:52 PM
...the 3 advert, does my ****en head in.

jiltedjohn
06-07-2014, 09:46 AM
...cyclists taking a p*sh at the side of the road, I wonder if they will get a fixed fine. (the evidence is on film).

Just watched the highlights of the Tour, **** going to Yorkshire, the countryside is littered with platic water bottles.

jiltedjohn
12-07-2014, 06:09 PM
...the cricket, looks like it was sunny for some the day.

TundraWolf
12-07-2014, 09:04 PM
Doesn't sound like you are too impressed with the Tour de France, JJ...can't say I disagree, never understood the appeal of standing by a roadside to watch a bunch of cyclists whiz by in a blur!?

jiltedjohn
12-07-2014, 09:19 PM
It's not a spectator sport, if it passed my front door I would go out for a look but I do like watching the tour on the telly - for the scenery.
A number of years ago I was in York and they had a number of cycling races on, it was laps of the old streets and as they passed you could hear the whir of the wheels and you could feel a breeze off them. They lads were going some speed, wheel to wheel and there were a number of bumbs and crashes, really enjoyed it tbh.

jiltedjohn
18-07-2014, 09:25 PM
...Great Guitar Rifts on BBC$, Born to be Wild playing, remember one of the 1st pubs I drank in was full of heavy metal freaks who would play that on the jukebox.

jiltedjohn
20-07-2014, 07:31 PM
Dragons Den is about to start, more hard working, ambitious people about to be screwed. :blue:

cpw_cpw
21-07-2014, 10:49 PM
university challenge...

jack (charlton) was the answer to one of the questions.

chalky-ncfc
21-07-2014, 11:07 PM
I saw Jack Charlton once walking around a market in Spain,i was that surpised i just walked past him without saying owt...

cpw_cpw
21-07-2014, 11:15 PM
'kin hell, chalky.

that's the kind of anecdote that keeps me reading EM.XD

chalky-ncfc
21-07-2014, 11:29 PM
I just that i would mention it thats all,i didnt think that it was worthy of a thread being started about it...

jiltedjohn
04-08-2014, 10:23 PM
Channel 4, Kids with Guns, arms companies are making pink and blue guns for children. One dad has bought his 4 year old daughter a rifle for her birthday,
I can't see Britain winning gold at the Olympic shooting events in the years to come.

jiltedjohn
10-08-2014, 10:48 PM
SSN, a NASCAR driver involved in a collision walks onto track to demonstrate with another driver who is still racing, guess what?
As my old nan used to say, "He won't do that again in a hurry".

trickydick
10-08-2014, 10:58 PM
SSN, a NASCAR driver involved in a collision walks onto track to demonstrate with another driver who is still racing, guess what?
As my old nan used to say, "He won't do that again in a hurry". Just proved himself to be the sick attention person that JJ Is. Laughing at someone being killed !!!

jiltedjohn
10-08-2014, 11:06 PM
As my old nan used to say, "He won't do that again in a hurry". Just proved himself to be the sick attention person that JJ Is. Laughing at someone being killed !!![/quote]

Who's laughing, oh I am, watching a poster log out on another board before logging on here under another username, FAF.

Rab_The_Ger
10-08-2014, 11:11 PM
Sad sack! Hated sad sack!!

trickydick
10-08-2014, 11:16 PM
As my old nan used to say, "He won't do that again in a hurry". Just proved himself to be the sick attention person that JJ Is. Laughing at someone being killed !!![/quote]

Who's laughing, oh I am, watching a poster log out on another board before logging on here under another username, FAF.[/quote] XD Good grief

jiltedjohn
10-08-2014, 11:18 PM

Who's laughing, oh I am, watching a poster log out on another board before logging on here under another username, FAF.[/quote] XD Good grief[/quote]

FAF isn't it? XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

jiltedjohn
27-08-2014, 10:19 AM
Channel 4, Kids with Guns, arms companies are making pink and blue guns for children. One dad has bought his 4 year old daughter a rifle for her birthday,
I can't see Britain winning gold at the Olympic shooting events in the years to come.

Ooops, link. - view external link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-28948946)

jiltedjohn
27-08-2014, 09:14 PM
the news...3/4 of Britons say we should tighten anti-terror laws??? How the f**k have I NEVER, EVER been asked (nor my friends or family) what we think when all these f**ken surveys take place.
Bull**** in my opinion.

SlideySam
27-08-2014, 09:15 PM
I don't have a telly.

Do people really still have tellys in this day and age? :?

jiltedjohn
27-08-2014, 10:19 PM
BBC3, Family Guy, stereo-typing american muslims as terrorists FAF

cpw_cpw
19-09-2014, 11:15 PM
france 2.

a doc just got knocked out with the power of the mind.

makes you think.

he's no BS artist.