PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Fantham.

aussieowl
25-06-2014, 08:40 PM
RIP fella.

True Wednesday legend in every sense, he was my first Owls hero, I can remember like yesterday getting his autograph when I was 7 years old...rest in peace Johnny.

braggyowl
25-06-2014, 11:49 PM
Rest in peace Johnny Fantham...And bless you so much for your blue and white barbers pole.

:star: :star: :star:

aussieowl
26-06-2014, 04:34 AM
Ah yes the blue & white pole, I'd forgotten about that...:star:

Romared
26-06-2014, 08:01 AM
Sad to hear one of your GREATS has passed away , saw him play a few times and he was CLASS , RIP JOHN FANTHAM ! They don't make them like you anymore " GOD BLESS .

SallyKate
26-06-2014, 10:12 AM
very sad to hear - I recall watching him as a child and wanting to emulate him playing for Wednesday.Obviously impossible on gender and skills levels, but he inspired so many.

I also remember meeting him when I was 8. I was in awe of his status as a Wednesday legend. He was simply charming, level headed, polite and genuinely listened to my endless chatter about how Wednesday could beat anyone in the world if it wasn't for referees - then said to my Dad, 'What a lovely child you have - A credit to the Owls her family - you must and should be proud."

There was no hint of 'I'm a big star' - just a decent man with football, people and his community at heart.

Bless him and deepest condolences to his family and loved ones.

xxxx

Holden_C
26-06-2014, 10:41 AM

What even though you posted on my thread where I mentioned it? XD Glad to be of service and nice to see my JF thread on BladesMad was read and someone learned something from it.

Interestingly, before that the blue and white pole hadn't been mentioned by any of you, here or on Porktalk. :O

Good to see Thai back pretending he was a girl as a child XD

braggyowl
26-06-2014, 10:45 AM
We were on about the blue and white pole in our local pub last night..

braggyowl
26-06-2014, 10:48 AM
That's probably why I posted on the subject at 0.49 in the morning.

Holden_C
26-06-2014, 10:50 AM

Reached a bigger audience than I thought Braggy!

Still a marvellous footballer and a true Sheffield Wednesday and Sheffield legend. Someone said to me last night " I suppose he's like their Tony Currie" he wasn't. He was Wednesdays Johnny Fantham. That's enough for anyone I'd say.

Holden_C
26-06-2014, 10:52 AM

Come on. You know we don't do private lives XD
My thread was about 12 hours earlier!

braggyowl
26-06-2014, 10:54 AM

Come on. You know we don't do private lives XD
My thread was about 12 hours earlier![/quote]

That's about how long I spent at the Northern General yesterday Holden.

braggyowl
26-06-2014, 10:55 AM

Reached a bigger audience than I thought Braggy!

Still a marvellous footballer and a true Sheffield Wednesday and Sheffield legend. Someone said to me last night " I suppose he's like their Tony Currie" he wasn't. He was Wednesdays Johnny Fantham. That's enough for anyone I'd say.[/quote]

aussieowl
26-06-2014, 08:36 PM

What even though you posted on my thread where I mentioned it? XD Glad to be of service and nice to see my JF thread on BladesMad was read and someone learned something from it.

Interestingly, before that the blue and white pole hadn't been mentioned by any of you, here or on Porktalk. :O

Good to see Thai back pretending he was a girl as a child XD[/quote]

Yes H, it's all about you & what you can teach Wednesday fans...well done, have a :star: ;)

aussieowl
26-06-2014, 08:39 PM

Hope they all credited Holden with the revelation...how would we have known otherwise..;)

aussieowl
26-06-2014, 08:41 PM

Still a marvellous footballer and a true Sheffield Wednesday and Sheffield legend. Someone said to me last night " I suppose he's like their Tony Currie" he wasn't. He was Wednesdays Johnny Fantham. That's enough for anyone I'd say.

[/quote]

Holden_C
26-06-2014, 09:13 PM

Yes H, it's all about you & what you can teach Wednesday fans...well done, have a :star: ;)[/quote]

Just posting the facts about the only mention of the pole Aussie. While reminiscing about one of Wednesday and the City's best ever - and most popular - players. And let's be honest, you have to be a certain age to have actually seen it let alone know its relevance.

I hope Wednesday give him the acknowledgement he tru

aussieowl
26-06-2014, 10:53 PM

Yes H, it's all about you & what you can teach Wednesday fans...well done, have a :star: ;)[/quote]

Just posting the facts about the only mention of the pole Aussie. While reminiscing about one of Wednesday and the City's best ever - and most popular - players. And let's be honest, you have to be a certain age to have actually seen it let alone know its relevance.

I hope

aussieowl
26-06-2014, 10:58 PM
H, I see you've outed thai as Sally Kate, good call, I knew something wasn't quite right with SK but didn't connect it with thai, the Kangaroo reference in one of the latest posts might have given it away though, plus the increasing length of the posts, his thai persona was gradually taking over...XD, should be a bit of fun for a while..;)

braggyowl
26-06-2014, 11:38 PM
Sorry to p!ss on you and H's bommy auss but Sally is 100% NOT Thai...Believe me mate...:)

braggyowl
26-06-2014, 11:43 PM
Oh, and I'm not a multi either, just to get that straight...XD

I know sally and she's a fckin mad Wednesdayite that would knock any bloke out that said anything bad about her team bless her...

She's a good un that's for sure. :star:

aussieowl
26-06-2014, 11:47 PM
Sorry to p!ss on you and H's bommy auss but Sally is 100% NOT Thai...Believe me mate...:)

Unless you 'know' for sure braggs I think Holden is on the money.

aussieowl
26-06-2014, 11:51 PM

I know sally and she's a fckin mad Wednesdayite that would knock any bloke out that said anything bad about her team bless her...

Well if you're right she's slipped into doing a good impersonation of him is all I can say...her early posts you couldn't have picked it but lately, very thaiesque, you see any of that or no.

braggyowl
27-06-2014, 12:00 AM
Her posts are long auss...But not as long as her legs...:P

braggyowl
27-06-2014, 12:17 AM

Unless you 'know' for sure braggs I think Holden is on the money.[/quote]

You're starting to worry me now aussie...She did once say to me "we're all wednesday aren't we" in her manly voice but I just took it (no pun intended XD ) with a pinch of salt..XD

No, believe me mate she's not Thai...Thank fck!

aussieowl
27-06-2014, 01:14 AM

Unless you 'know' for sure braggs I think Holden is on the money.[/quote]

You're starting to worry me now aussie...She did once say to me "we're all wednesday aren't we" in her manly voice but I just took it (no pun intended XD ) with a pinch of salt..XD

No, believe me mate she's not Thai...Thank fck![/quote]

Well I'll take your word for it mate, shame really, was looking forward to a bit of fun with it...HOLDEN, see what you've done now..XD

SallyKate
27-06-2014, 09:29 AM
I'm English actually - and my Mammie and most of my family are from Easterhouse - Glasgie.

As for Thai - oh well I suppose Holden and Aussie know more about Thai's than I. I have heard many Aussies do. (By the way I don't get the Kangaroo reference - have I upset some kangaroos?

Personally, I don't mind the the teasing - tease away. But personally I will get back to the subject on this thread - quite rightly - marking a much loved man's death with fond memories and respect.

http:// hotspurhq.com/2013/11/12/tottenham-day-spurs-first-defeat-1960-61-double-season/

aussieowl
27-06-2014, 08:41 PM
I'm English actually - and my Mammie and most of my family are from Easterhouse - Glasgie.

As for Thai - oh well I suppose Holden and Aussie know more about Thai's than I. I have heard many Aussies do. (By the way I don't get the Kangaroo reference - have I upset some kangaroos?

Personally, I don't mind the the teasing - tease away. But personally I will get back to the subject on this thread - quite rightly - marking a much loved man's death with fond memories and respect.

Sal, thaiowl is an arch enemy of mine as anyone who's been on here long enough will know...you yourself appeared on this board around the same time thai bowed out on one of his regular sabbaticals...you write very well with a sense of humour & style that is reminiscent of thai, without the vitriol..;), Holden made what I thought was a good call based on this, take it as a compliment, thai is mental but he's no fool & though it pains me to say it, quite

Ginger_Potts
27-06-2014, 09:26 PM
:blue: pity some of the England squad couldn't be of the same ilk as our Jonny.

Ginger_Potts
27-06-2014, 09:36 PM
:) :) :)

:)
I like the sound of Kate ! :D

SallyKate
30-06-2014, 11:58 AM

Sal, thaiowl is an arch enemy of mine as anyone who's been on here long enough will know...you yourself appeared on this board around the same time thai bowed out on one of his regular sabbaticals...you write very well with a sense of humour & style that is reminiscent of thai, without the vitriol..;), Holden made what I thought was a good call based on this, take it as a compliment, thai is mental but he

Rotherhamowl10
30-06-2014, 03:02 PM
Sounds like Braggy is head of recruitment for owlsmad ;)

Enjoyed the reception Saturday night Braggy, brilliant idea by the DJ to bring the 'We are the owls' CD XD XD...don't think the non wednesday fans were pleased though!

braggyowl
30-06-2014, 03:49 PM
XD XD

Yeah mate it was great, cheered me up after a rubbish week.
And the faces on the non Owls..What a lovely picture that was..XD XD

braggyowl
30-06-2014, 04:02 PM

Sal, thaiowl is an arch enemy of mine as anyone who's been on here long enough will know...you yourself appeared on this board around the same time thai bowed out on one of his regular sabbaticals...you write very well with a sense of humour & style that is reminiscent of thai, without the vitriol..;), Holden made what I thought was a good call based on this,

braggyowl
30-06-2014, 04:03 PM

:)
I like the sound of Kate ! :D[/quote]

Hands off Ginger, she's mine...Mine I tell yer!!!

XD XD XD XD

aussieowl
30-06-2014, 11:16 PM

Sal, thaiowl is an arch enemy of mine as anyone who's been on here long enough will know...you yourself appeared on this board around the same time thai bowed out on one of his regular sabbaticals...you write very well with a sense of humour & style that is reminiscent of thai, without the vitriol..;), Holden made what I thought was a good call based on this,