PDA

View Full Version : Come on then you lot...

rolymiller
26-06-2014, 05:22 PM
...Richard Wood to the Millers..you obviously know a lot about him..will he be a good signing for us..honest answers please...thanks...

mcbrewer
26-06-2014, 05:42 PM
Richard Wood IMO is a decent tho limited centre half who got crapped on by Wednesday tho he didn't help himself towards the end.
He's a much better player than Broadfoot who is vvank and i think Evans should be applauded for signing Broadfoot because it stops him signing for anyone else and stinking their squads out.
Wood definitely has a mistake in him tho and has a serious lack of pace.
Not bad at corners and will score one or two.
I've always rated him in an era where we hadn't a pot to p iss in he was a valuable player who came through the ranks but i'm hoping with Mammadovs investment that we are looking at much better.

rolymiller
26-06-2014, 05:46 PM
I thankyou for that Mr McBrewer

braggyowl
27-06-2014, 12:06 AM
Wood scored loads of goals when he was at Wednesday...Most of them in his own net!

Rotherhamowl10
27-06-2014, 10:26 AM
He didn't do too much wrong in the games against us for Charlton last week. Does look a little slow, but will deal with any long balls - I was impressed with the amount of headers he won. He looks uncomfortable with the ball at his feet (as do most centre backs) but I think he is a good signing.

The one thing you need is experience, and Wood has years of it at this level.

awayowl
27-06-2014, 11:30 AM
Much a reply as above. Not to put you guys down, but he must be suffering in his abilities to go with you ;D :D :D

Nah, he'll do a good job, I hope just make him captain or he sulks XD XD XD

SallyKate
27-06-2014, 12:07 PM
It seems ages since he left us but it was only 2010. Soon forgotten - but not totally. Probably says it all.

I wasn't upset or overjoyed when he left. I viewed it has just one of those things. Apart from one or two own goals I think overall he competed well for The Owls and didn't let us down - mostly. 6 - out of ten would have been my score for his contribution.

Woody was strong in the air when dealing with long balls. Not so effective at defending corners - when he tended to have poor concentration and allow too many free headers for comfort at times.(nothing changes it seems)

He was a little slow at times, not cumbersome, just slow - ish. Not a snail though.

He had good tackling ability and gave all. He played best when alongside a more organised colleague (Mark Beevers especially) who could keep his concentration and prompt him. I am sure Mr Evans will be aware of this and will sort it out - his reputation hints he will.

At times he did give away daft free kicks - tending

rolymiller
27-06-2014, 03:03 PM
Thanks for that guys and gals...sounds like he will do just enough to help keep us up which will be good enough for me...

Owler
27-06-2014, 06:33 PM
Only good thing I can say about him...

He's slightly better than Mark Beevers. :D

mcbrewer
28-06-2014, 10:48 AM
Richard Wood is a good centre half

Katchouro
28-06-2014, 12:46 PM
Richard Wood is a good centre half

Serviceable is the word I'd use.

Richard Wood factoids, he was part of the much heralded 15 million pound defence with Grant, Simek, Spurr and Beevers.

He was publically stripped of the captaincy by Ivano Bonetti beater Brian Laws and disgracefully attacked by Bison Head on Radio Sheffield as being greedy and disloyal.

He's one of the many Wednesday players who have been subject to abuse from the boo boys. Just like John Sheridan and Darren Purse.

He was part of the Charlton side that recently humiliated Wednesday in the FA Cup. Wednesday guilty of an embarrassing bottle job.

He has a GCSE in CDT.

braggyowl
28-06-2014, 01:49 PM
I've won my bet..I said to my lad that the idiot Katch would reply on this post...Just knew he was gonna mention this 15 million quid defence..

Just how boring and obsessed is this bloke...

As soon as I saw the thread title I knew it...FFS katch..Change the record you boring swine! :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

WansteadOwl
30-06-2014, 12:03 AM
Limited no nonsense centre half. Did well when he had a sensible head around him mind. He formed a good partnership with Coughlan and Bullen, as well as doing ok with Steve Watson. He was alright with Mark Beevers in that season but either played better with Hinds by the side of them. I just felt they always needed that experienced head beside them.
Unfortunately club promises to him changed apparently, and he wasn't happy when Purse came in to club captain straight away. He wasn't the only player upset by that move apparently.

He'll do alright for you now he's older and more experienced. Did ok for Charlton from what I heard, and was ok at Coventry despite their finances. Some mention he earned less at Coventry per week than he did at us, given the regime at the time - that's believable