PDA

View Full Version : for those who are complaining about the new signings

elvisisamiller
27-06-2014, 09:31 PM
if you think these players are average or not good enough for our club go down to steve and tonys office on Monday and tell them face to face what you make of the signings so far and tell them who we should be fetching in instead.im just glad the players don't read this site before deciding whether to sign or not ,it is fans like you who drove the like of kevin Watson out of the club ,we have come along way in short space of time so lets get behind all the players ,give them our full support and who knows where it could take us .

Adventus2012
27-06-2014, 10:01 PM
here here like button pressed elvis!!

jolly_roger
27-06-2014, 10:07 PM
Well...some of the negativity is just fishing, but some appear genuine.

Why though I just dont understand.

Milkyme
27-06-2014, 10:17 PM
if you think these players are average or not good enough for our club go down to steve and tonys office on Monday and tell them face to face what you make of the signings so far and tell them who we should be fetching in instead.im just glad the players don't read this site before deciding whether to sign or not ,it is fans like you who drove the like of kevin Watson out of the club ,we have come along way in short space of time so lets get behind all the players ,give them our full support and who knows where it could take us .

Well said that person

UTM

millavanilla
28-06-2014, 02:48 AM
Weve brought them in because we cant afford the wages of better players and thats where the big full stop comes in

stodgy
28-06-2014, 03:56 AM
Live within your means,or end up in the s_it,simple really.

vespabri
28-06-2014, 05:11 AM
"Who knows where it can take us"...
...BURY??? XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

vespabri
28-06-2014, 05:33 AM
On way out of work this morning i was talking to a Weds fan mate..."Whats with Rotherham signing **** pal?? AND I MEAN ****"

They have Stuart Gray...we have Steve Evans!!!!

Donald_Valley
28-06-2014, 06:40 AM
Looking at the signings I believe we have made some exciting additions but I think the problem comings from all this "record signing", "top 10 finish", "break the record again next week" spin.

I know football is an entertainments business and the media side is just as important as the playing side these days but it leaves some fans with a hollow feeling when it doesn't happen.

Reality is that the Championship is the height of where RUFC can realistically get to in this day and age. That means we have arrived at our destination. That doesn't mean it's the end of the ride we now need to establish ourselves and become a mainstay. Next year we will have either the lowest or second lowest home attendance in the entire division even if full every other week.

The only thing that concerns me is the numbers coming in and what that could do to the camp.

great_fire
28-06-2014, 07:59 AM
I think to compete long term in the Championship you either need a capacity of at least 18,000 or a sugar daddy who will bankroll the club and lose a lot of money.

I don't think people are complaining so much as reality had set in after two promotions and we've realised this season is probably going to be a relegation battle.

gwru
28-06-2014, 10:33 AM
I admit I'm disappointed with the 4 players brought in this week. I'll be there all season but you know what the Rotherham floating fans are like. With these players I'll be amazed if we get out of bottom half of table once season settles down. If we're struggling can't see us getting much more than 8,000 of home fans attending.

To offset this I wouldn't sell any season tickets in last block of family stand or start of next block. Then we could let away fans have 3,000 seats.

If we sign one more player its got to be a midfield player in the Smallwood mould. Lets hope he's abit younger and hasn't got an attitude problem.

jolly_roger
28-06-2014, 10:46 AM
Live within your means,or end up in the s_it,simple really.

MODS BAN THIS POSTER !!!

That's a far too sensible opinion for this board XD

gramiller1959
28-06-2014, 10:47 AM
all depends on if evans can get the best out of them .. he is great at man management :)

If not bury will p.ss league two

steve evans knows how to pick players better than all the archair football managers on here so leave him to manage eh :) that's why he drives a Bentley/new bmw coupe and you don't :P

BradfordFozzie
28-06-2014, 10:49 AM
If we didn't have Frecks, Aggard and Pringle and just bought all three this week what would people be saying?..."We're gonna be in the play offs for sure!" Quality signings that's what people would be saying.

We have some very good players in our squad without any additions.

BradfordFozzie
28-06-2014, 10:51 AM
all depends on if evans can get the best out of them .. he is great at man management :)

If not bury will p.ss league two

steve evans knows how to pick players better than all the archair football managers on here so leave him to manage eh :) that's why he drives a Bentley/new bmw coupe and you don't :P

There's nothing wrong with public transport Gra, leave our fickle fans alone! :P :P

tom12026
28-06-2014, 11:34 AM
I have just been reading a book about Brian Clough and a lot of his players say the same things-I was going nowhere,I was not fancied by anyone ,the manager got me to play better and so on.Admittedly S.E. is not B.H.C but the players brought in ARE decent players so lets wait and see.:/ :/

HotshotBobbyW
28-06-2014, 12:42 PM
Steve hasn't failed us yet, he hasn't always got it spot on but he has delivered on his promise.
Negative 'plastics' are simply not needed (except for their money)or have any credible opinion.

rolymiller
28-06-2014, 03:25 PM
I like the sound of our squad..think it is solid or at least potentially solid enough to keep us from the bottom 3..if some of the younger players click or we get some inspired loan signings later on like last season who knows the World could be our lobster..an interesting season aheads methinks and hopes...