PDA

View Full Version : Tony Stewart - Freeman of the Borough

charlielard
02-07-2014, 06:02 PM
I heard that Rotherham UKIP Leader Caven Vines voted against Tony Stewart being awarded the Freedom of the Borough of Rotherham at today's council meeting. I can't imagine why he would do that.

brassgnat
02-07-2014, 06:27 PM
Not sure what the relationship with the club, would be if UKIP become the majority on the council, as they predict, this time next year.
I don't know where they stood on building the new stadium.

rolymiller
02-07-2014, 06:33 PM
Hmm just a thought eh for those on here who cast their vote for the nutters...Use noggins first eh lads...

gramiller1959
02-07-2014, 06:58 PM
each to there own :/ that's the point of a vote,

probably not a footy fan or realises that TS is pro Europe re his lighting company :)

still rather baffling though

jolly_roger
02-07-2014, 08:53 PM
I heard that Rotherham UKIP Leader Caven Vines voted against Tony Stewart being awarded the Freedom of the Borough of Rotherham at today's council meeting. I can't imagine why he would do that.

Is it also true that Shabana Ahmed (Brinsworth?) Also voted against?

But to be honest that's what their job is, in theory voting on behalf of the people they represent.

CAMiller
02-07-2014, 09:35 PM
Just out of interest - do we have a list of people who have been deemed worthy/are freemen of the borough? It's hard to understand why TS wouldn't be worthy without seeing where the bar is set.

gramiller1959
02-07-2014, 09:42 PM
Just out of interest - do we have a list of people who have been deemed worthy/are freemen of the borough? It's hard to understand why TS wouldn't be worthy without seeing where the bar is set.

Lieutenant Commander Allen Dixon,
Lieutenant Commander Dixon has organised both the Remembrance Day and annual mayors parades through Rotherham town centre since 1959.

Northumberland-born Brian Chapple has lived and worked in Rotherham since 1969 and is a well-known face and voice across the borough through his work with both Rotherham United Football and Rotherham Titans Rugby Clubs.

Rotherham solicitor Steve Smith has spent over 40 years in Rotherham and raised sbetween 2 million and 4 million for charity.

The three men take to 14 the number of Freeman of Rotherham, along with the ships company of HMS Rotherham and the Yorkshire Regiment who have both also been conferred with the honour.

that was 25th july 2013

edit you might be

John2
02-07-2014, 10:21 PM

Where are you sourcing your information?

charlielard
02-07-2014, 11:12 PM
No truth in that JollyRoger. Only Vines voted against. What a miserable bleeder!

millavanilla
03-07-2014, 05:31 AM
Hmm just a thought eh for those on here who cast their vote for the nutters...Use noggins first eh lads...

Yeah, lets stay with the same party weve always had roly...racial no go areas, more mosques, gangs of kosovans,slovaks,romas,(a lot of them criminals) wellgate now reminds me of abbeydale road..its not that good walking to town that way after dark on your own anymore..why not try walking around the streets of eastwood at night? Ok, i get it, you dont live around there so your heads in the sand..use noggin first eh roly?

gm_gm
03-07-2014, 06:03 AM
UKIP become the majority on the council, as they predict, this time next year.

Lets hop so, its the best chance of removing the nutters that are in now

brassgnat
03-07-2014, 08:40 AM

Where are you sourcing your information?[/quote]

From Jolly Roger's usual source, just used to try and discredit an Asian councillor.
Actually, to be honest, on the issue, there maybe more deserving candidates than TS, who is in the public eye.
I have more issues with Cavan Vines over racism and Thatcherite economics than who gets nominated as Freeman of the town etc.

millertop
03-07-2014, 08:45 AM

Lieutenant Commander Allen Dixon,
Lieutenant Commander Dixon has organised both the Remembrance Day and annual mayors parades through Rotherham town centre since 1959.

Northumberland-born Brian Chapple has lived and worked in Rotherham since 1969 and is a well-known face and voice across the borough through his work with both Rotherham United Football and Rotherham Titans Rugby Clubs.

Rotherham solicitor Steve Smith has spent over 40 years in Rotherham and raised sbetween 2 million and 4 million for charity.

The three men take to 14 the number of Freeman of Rotherham, along with the ships company of HMS Rotherham and the Yorkshire Regiment who have both also been conferred with the hono

John2
03-07-2014, 10:05 AM
From Jolly Roger's usual source, just used to try and discredit an Asian councillor.

IF jolly made this up himself for that purpose then he ought to be ashamed of himself. Sadly he wouldn't be.

jolly_roger
03-07-2014, 10:26 AM

IF jolly made this up himself for that purpose then he ought to be ashamed of himself. Sadly he wouldn't be.[/quote]

lol I'm going to lose a lot of sleep over worrying about what you think of me XD

John2
03-07-2014, 10:53 AM
lol I'm going to lose a lot of sleep over worrying about what you think of me XD

That's logical sarcasm given you sadly don't seem to posses a sense of shame. I'm sure I'm not the only poster who has noticed.

Is this also confirmation you made up this rumour to try and discredit an asian councillor? If so, would this be considered libel, racist or both?

jolly_roger
03-07-2014, 11:12 AM

That's logical sarcasm given you sadly don't seem to posses a sense of shame. I'm sure I'm not the only poster who has noticed.

Is this also confirmation you made up this rumour to try and discredit an asian councillor? If so, would this be considered libel, racist or both?[/quote]

You're not really getting this are you?

I don't care what you think of me.

Simple really.

John2
03-07-2014, 11:23 AM

Simple really.

No, I get that, and I wouldn't expect you to care what I think.

But by making things up to try and discredit others leaves two options:

1) You don't realise there's anything wrong with lying.

2) You realise lying is wrong and you're just a bad person.

You don't care what I think... that's fine - I want you to be able to have self respect. - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToKcmnrE5oY)

mattyrufc
03-07-2014, 11:42 AM
Cavan Vines doesn’t like Rotherham United, he always told me he would vote against us getting a new stadium because the support wouldn’t be there and it would be a waste of money etc. He’s never had a good word to say about our club. The fact that the ‘Vote Cavan Vines’ posters/leaflets were always spelt wrong with extremely poor grammar sort of gives us an idea of what we are dealing with though.

jolly_roger
03-07-2014, 11:43 AM

Simple really.

No, I get that, and I wouldn't expect you to care what I think.

But by making things up to try and discredit others leaves two options:

1) You don't realise there's anything wrong with lying.

2) You realise lying is wrong and you're just a bad person.

You don't care what I think... that's fine - I want you to be able to have self respect.[/quote]

It really isn't sinking in is it?

Is your ego so huge that you think everybody has to get your seal of approval?

Laughable XD

rolymiller
03-07-2014, 03:09 PM
So you re not denying you are telling porkies then JR? ...a bit naughty if I may say so Mr Roger..unfortunately a lot of extreme right wingers on here do the same ie sort of pluck stuff out of the air with no evidence in order to justify their views..but then again you probably dont care that you are making things up I suppose...

Deepmidwinter
03-07-2014, 05:02 PM
The ceremony was a bit embarrassing all round. Tony turned up in yellow water-proof trousers and a helmet. He thought the invitation was to become a fireman of the borough.

andh
03-07-2014, 05:34 PM
I "WAS" a member of a facebook site (ROTHERHAM UNITED THE MILLERS) which had a little debate about this and one of the "admin" thought the owner/founder of Tesco should have freedom of the borough instead of Tony because in his opinion he thought tesco have brought more into the town than Tony Stewart/RUFC, I then listed all the achievements of Tony Stewart ie New Stadium, extra revenue into hotels,cafes,pubs etc every home match day, the feel good factor of "Rotherham" people, and then I stated the owner/founder of Tesco is no longer with us (RIP) but the big boss in the UK is Philip Clarke (born in Liverpool),
I did ask if the said Administrator was taking the Pith, cos surely he didn't believe the words of a councillor!! you can tell when they are talking Boollox "their lips are moving"...I have now been wiped from the memory of ROTHERHAM UNITED THE MILLERS (facebook) How will I cope?? :blue: B)

Stewmill
03-07-2014, 06:28 PM
All the other UKIP councillors did NOT vote against Tony Stewart,so why try to take political points on this.Keep politics off this board you sad people.

Deepmidwinter
03-07-2014, 06:33 PM
All the other UKIP councillors did NOT vote against Tony Stewart,so why try to take political points on this.Keep politics off this board you sad people.

Everything is affected by politics. Do you think football isn't? You obviously haven't heard of FIFA or the World Cup

brassgnat
03-07-2014, 07:39 PM
Every aspect of life is political, even if don't nail your colours.

Deepmidwinter
03-07-2014, 07:42 PM
Every aspect of life is political, even if don't nail your colours.

Or colour your nails come to that

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
03-07-2014, 08:08 PM
[quote="andh" people, and then I stated the owner/founder of Tesco is no longer with us (RIP) but the big boss in the UK is Philip Clarke (born in Liverpool),
I did ask if the said Administrator was taking the Pith, cos surely he didn't believe the words of a councillor!! you can tell when they are talking Boollox "their lips are moving"...I have now been wiped from the memory of ROTHERHAM UNITED THE MILLERS (facebook) How will I cope?? :blue: B)[/quote]

Ye, Patrick made himself look a righ

andh
03-07-2014, 08:14 PM
thanks for that Amanda thought I'd imagined it :? never mind eh...

great_fire
03-07-2014, 11:02 PM
There can't be many worse councils in the country than Rotherham, maybe Rochdale, who have an even worse record of inaction re *****philes.