PDA

View Full Version : Hoodwinked?

GHO
03-07-2014, 11:05 AM
After the takeover announcement, our chairman assured us that signings would be made BEFORE the takeover was ratified and the wage budget would be increased.

Our head coach has said he doesn't know his budget and seems unable to even re-sign players.

redgreggie
03-07-2014, 11:52 AM
oh well, lets not start to sound down about our own club, what will be will be...

there'll be plenty of others wanting to have a pop at us without any infighting...

ray...in Batley.

Katchouro
03-07-2014, 12:18 PM
Something's definitely not right about this 'takeover'.

Rotherhamowl10
03-07-2014, 12:21 PM
Pretty sure that you can't make signings until the takeover is finalised, It's pretty much the same for any business.

hmmm don't know how much the original poster knows about 'our club' ray. You could even say he's trying to impersonate a certain user of this site...

Katchouro
03-07-2014, 12:27 PM
Pretty sure that you can't make signings until the takeover is finalised, It's pretty much the same for any business.

The buying party would typically loan the finances to the current owner with instructions of how to invest and then obviously take over the debt when the takeover is completed.

Whatever the reasoning Mandaric's lack of ensuring a team fit for purpose this close to the start of the season is incredibly reckless and irresponsible. At this point in time he couldn't care less about Wednesday other than to make that big fat profit he's been chasing.

redgreggie
03-07-2014, 01:05 PM
football's football these days, not like it use to be...if you aren't satisfied with how it's going ...try to do something about it...pester your MP.

unlikely to get anywhere, but spouting and constant whining won't make a blind bit of difference either.

it's never going to go back is it...

ray...in Batley.

GHO
03-07-2014, 01:21 PM
Pretty sure that you can't make signings until the takeover is finalised

13 days ago the chairman said that signings would be made before.

Yesterday the head coach said he needed a green light before any signings.

Who is kidding who?

GHO
03-07-2014, 01:44 PM

It will be sorted "one way or the other" by next week:

https://audioboo.fm/channel/football-heaven

Sounds like the hold-up is at the Azerbaijan end.

redgreggie
03-07-2014, 01:56 PM
so...

ray...in Batley

Rotherhamowl10
03-07-2014, 02:26 PM
I wouldn't lose sleep over it chaps.

I can't say I saw anything about our chairman saying that signings would made before - I wouldn't expect him to sign players either.

I think it's extremely unlikely that while waiting for the FA to ratify a takeover, a club can go out and start spending the new owners cash.

GHO
03-07-2014, 02:39 PM
I can't say I saw anything about our chairman saying that signings would made before

You could always listen to his interview with Paul Walker from 13 days ago :

https://audioboo.fm/channel/football-heaven

GHO
03-07-2014, 02:42 PM

The buying party would typically loan the finances to the current owner with instructions of how to invest and then obviously take over the debt when the takeover is completed.

Whatever the reasoning Mandaric's lack of ensuring a team fit for purpose this close to the start of the season is incredibly reckless and irresponsible. At this point in time he couldn't care less about Wednesday other than to make that big fat profit he's been chasing.[/quote]

Profit? Do you not think he'll be happy passing the debt on ?

Rotherhamowl10
03-07-2014, 03:18 PM
hmmmm

Listened to the MM interview and heard nothing about signing players before the takeover, care to share with me the exact title of the audio?

GHO
03-07-2014, 03:27 PM
hmmmm

Listened to the MM interview and heard nothing about signing players before the takeover, care to share with me the exact title of the audio?

"Sheffield Wednesday chairman Milan Mandaric with the latest from Hillsborough"

Speaking to Paul Walker 13 days ago.

Scroll down and click "view more".

I can't post the specific link as it's too long for this site.

hirstyboywonder
03-07-2014, 04:55 PM

Who is kidding who?[/quote]

Well someone is certainly trying to kid somebody?

A new user with the GHO, posting doubt and generally being negative. Grey Haired Owl back to his old tricks or an imposter from next door trying to be clever?

aussieowl
03-07-2014, 08:48 PM

Who is kidding who?[/quote]

Grey Haired Owl back to his old tricks or an imposter from next door trying to be clever?

[/quote]

Either way they are sooooo boring.

GreyhairedOwl...Owl..XD XD XD XD XD XD

aussieowl
03-07-2014, 08:49 PM

Katch, if you say often enough it might come true for you...but don't worry..;)

GHO
04-07-2014, 07:21 AM
?

The chairman is saying one thing, the head coach another.

Are we being deliberately misled?

Do we not deserve to know the truth?

Rotherhamowl10
04-07-2014, 08:45 AM
?

The chairman is saying one thing, the head coach another.

Are we being deliberately misled?

Do we not deserve to know the truth?[/quote]

I've found the clip and MM does state that signings could be made. As you said, that was 13 days ago. The interview with 'our' manager does state that transfers are on hold, this was broadcast only a few days ago.

Things change a lot in 10 days.

Are any of us worried by the lack of transfer activity? ...not me, we've had a lack of transfer activity for 15 years. If waiting and being patient means signing players of a higher standard, then MM and HM have my full support.

You're trying to stir the pot GHO, but there's nothing in it.

As they say, the original is always better than the cover version. Grey Haired Owl must be cringing with embarrassment...and the original wasn't that good ;)

GHO
04-07-2014, 08:07 PM
You're trying to stir the pot GHO, but there's nothing in it.

There is obviously something in it or we would have been able to sign a player.

Fans are getting contradictory messages from the club. We deserve the truth.

fournilbdm
05-07-2014, 08:11 AM
Still know **** all ?

GHO
05-07-2014, 10:43 AM
I know if someone is trying to hoodwink me.

redgreggie
06-07-2014, 09:14 AM
how?

ray...in Batley

GHO
06-07-2014, 10:39 AM
It is not difficult if two people from the same organisation are telling you contradictory stories.

fournilbdm
07-07-2014, 06:32 AM
still know **** all ?

Katchouro
07-07-2014, 07:46 AM
I don't really know why this new poster 'GHO' is the bad guy in all of this. You dislike him more than me.

GHO's not the one deliberately misleading the fans whilst having encouraged them to buy season tickets with flamed transfer expectations. You need to start being more analytical over Mandaric's behaviour and practices.

Have we heard anything from France yet? Are we still looking at the likely event that this whole Azerbaijani thing has been another 'fakeover'?

Rotherhamowl10
07-07-2014, 08:18 AM
Yep, the only reason I purchased a season ticket was because of the high transfer expectations...XD

Come on Katch, it's you isn't it? the poor wind ups are certainly about your level ;)

hirstyboywonder
07-07-2014, 11:17 AM
I don't really know why this new poster 'GHO' is the bad guy in all of this. You dislike him more than me.

GHO's not the one deliberately misleading the fans whilst having encouraged them to buy season tickets with flamed transfer expectations. You need to start being more analytical over Mandaric's behaviour and practices.

Have we heard anything from France yet? Are we still looking at the likely event that this whole Azerbaijani thing has been another 'fakeover'?

Far too long in the tooth to base my decision to buy a season ticket on the prospect of investment.

As for being hoodwinked - 'think Liverpool in terms of investment'...

braggyowl
08-07-2014, 12:40 PM

I renewed mine and my lads in March..

As Thai would say...

Next.

Ginger_Potts
08-07-2014, 02:01 PM
Kinda Obligatory ain't it Braggy old chap :D .
See the Oil & Gas & Taxi Fares are starting to roll in ;D .
Buy the way what did you do with Mr Thai Fish Cake ?

Next ( SAHB ). ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Rotherhamowl10
08-07-2014, 02:32 PM
There you have it GHO, signings in before the takeover is officially confirmed.

Avenger
08-07-2014, 03:20 PM
First signings done and dusted GHO as promised now disappear back into your rat hole.

Owler
08-07-2014, 04:04 PM
After the takeover announcement, our chairman assured us that signings would be made BEFORE the takeover was ratified and the wage budget would be increased.

Our head coach has said he doesn't know his budget and seems unable to even re-sign players.

You can disappear for another few months now.

GHO
08-07-2014, 06:06 PM
It is clear that contradictory messages were coming from the club. By highlighting these I may have forced the club to take action.

Gray spoke of waiting for the "green light". kirkland spoke of waiting for a "green light" before the club could replace the 8 or 9 senior players who have left.

Why such a delay to sign free agents?

hirstyboywonder
08-07-2014, 08:14 PM
It is clear that contradictory messages were coming from the club. By highlighting these I may have forced the club to take action.

Gray spoke of waiting for the "green light". kirkland spoke of waiting for a "green light" before the club could replace the 8 or 9 senior players who have left.

Free agents with their Premier League club experience and interest don't come on the cheap in terms of wages.
Not happy that we weren't signing players, still not happy when we sign 3 good players at this level in 2 days. Cheer up man!

Katchouro
08-07-2014, 11:00 PM
As for being hoodwinked - 'think Liverpool in terms of investment'...

Chingo! Is that you?

When you hear it's raining cats and dogs do you go outside with a bowl each of Pedigree Chum and Whiskers.

It's nice to hear you're all upwardly mobile and cash rich enough to buy a season ticket without giving it much thought. Some of your fellow fans might not have been able to make the decision so easily and flippantly.

But they now have a reserve keeper and two returning players who didn't pull up trees last season signed up. None of those Azerbaijani millions yet eh?

fournilbdm
09-07-2014, 06:46 AM

Like I said still know **** all. Football Mads most consistent poster