PDA

View Full Version : Points deduction for Wednesday?

pnethor
08-07-2014, 05:22 PM
Just watched 'The Big Match Reloaded' with the Wednesday v Arsenal third round match from January 1979 and noticed how the Wednesday fans were chucking snowballs at Pat Jennings. I think the FA should consider a retrospective points deduction for this. Or maybe even a demotion were you go down and get replaced by the sleeping giant football club who narrowly lost out in the play-offs.

I think this would be a really good idea and it would stop other Yorkshiremen from throwing snowballs at Pat Jennings in future.

hirstyboywonder
08-07-2014, 08:12 PM
Just watched 'The Big Match Reloaded' with the Wednesday v Arsenal third round match from January 1979 and noticed how the Wednesday fans were chucking snowballs at Pat Jennings. I think the FA should consider a retrospective points deduction for this. Or maybe even a demotion were you go down and get replaced by the sleeping giant football club who narrowly lost out in the play-offs.

I think this would be a really good idea and it would stop other Yorkshiremen from throwing snowballs at Pat Jennings in future.

It's probably the best chance you have of promotion!
Especially if you get stuck in the play-offs - imagine having a worse play-off record than Sheffield United!

braggyowl
09-07-2014, 09:21 AM

XD XD XD Like it.

Pat deserved it...He was playing too well. XD

helmut_rooster
09-07-2014, 09:25 AM

Giant Haystacks stunt double is back, how about promotion for you lot this year? sure you'll do better than the pigs anyhow.

SallyKate
09-07-2014, 10:01 AM
I think we should have got extra points for being able to throw snowballs so well.They all seemed well aimed that day and the 'snowball throwing'was of a very high standard. Maybe it should be a sport in the Winter Olympics?

I didn't throw a snowball that day however. Mainly because I can't throw.I tried in once (throwing a snow ball) and fell over. Everyone else then covered me in snow as I lay on the ground. It was fun but sadly it ruined my new coat.

braggyowl
09-07-2014, 10:03 AM
Are you sure that's all they covered you in Sal...As you lay on the ground..XD XD

helmut_rooster
09-07-2014, 10:06 AM
Are you sure that's all they covered you in Sal...As you lay on the ground..XD XD

XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

SallyKate
09-07-2014, 10:22 AM

I hope so Braggy - although you have to remember I was on my knees with my eyes closed at the time so I couldn't really see. But it felt like 'slightly melting warm snow'to me.(Not that I am an expert ion this field - or any field for that matter)

Thinking on the 'lads' did all seem 'little too pleased' after it was all over. And two the said they would call me - but never did.

Probably it was frozen salad cream? A salad cream lorry had crashed that day nearby. Or so they informed me while chuckling and wiping away 'the mess' with tissues.

SKT xxxx

Ginger_Potts
09-07-2014, 10:25 AM
Steady Boys ;D .

braggyowl
09-07-2014, 10:28 AM
Too much information Sal, Too much..XD XD

braggyowl
09-07-2014, 10:35 AM
btw Sal...Are you sure it wasn't the truck from the local sausage factory that broke down that day...XD XD

Soz love, just messin abart..>;)

SallyKate
09-07-2014, 10:41 AM
btw Sal...Are you sure it wasn't the truck from the local sausage factory that broke down that day...XD XD

Soz love, just messin abart..>;)

Definitely not - I'm a vegetarian and I know when someone is trying to fool me with a dodgy sausage. xxxx

braggyowl
09-07-2014, 10:44 AM
XD XD And anyway, the only sausage factory round here is Bramhall Lane! XD XD

SallyKate
09-07-2014, 10:50 AM
Braggy - That's why I say away from pork. I dislike the little red and white rashes immensely.

braggyowl
09-07-2014, 11:10 AM
Do for me Sal. :star: