PDA

View Full Version : Racing Lens

GHO
09-07-2014, 06:37 PM
Promotion denied due to Azerbaijan bank holiday last week.

This week's excuse is a mix-up with the IBAN number.

Whatever next.

braggyowl
09-07-2014, 07:09 PM
F'UCK OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!

hirstyboywonder
09-07-2014, 07:42 PM
Promotion denied due to Azerbaijan bank holiday last week.

This week's excuse is a mix-up with the IBAN number.

Whatever next.

Last week complaining about no new signings and mixed messages.

This week complaining about why there has been a financial hold up at Lens.

Both matters are in the process of being resolved.

Whatever will GHO find to complain at next...

Surprised you held fire on the Mammadov arrested nonsense. A lucky escape for your negative propaganda crusade.
Keep on digging though.

helmut_rooster
09-07-2014, 09:05 PM
[quote="braggyowl"]F'UCK OFF!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote

XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

Must admit braggy that did make me laugh.

Gay haired owl
Gay haired gentlement
GHO

REYT DISGUISE!!!

GHO
10-07-2014, 07:16 AM
F'UCK OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would you like us to pretend that the bank transfer has gone through?

Rotherhamowl10
10-07-2014, 08:47 AM
Last time I checked this was Sheffield Wednesday Football Club, not Racing Lens.

Come on GHO, you can do better than this. At least Katch puts effort into his wind ups...

GHO
10-07-2014, 10:44 AM
Last time I checked this was Sheffield Wednesday Football Club, not Racing Lens.

Come on GHO, you can do better than this. At least Katch puts effort into his wind ups...

As you well know, Racing Lens are owned by our prospective owner.

Our chairman has told us that our takeover will be sorted out "one way or the other" this week, so at least we'll know within 48 hours? Won't we?

hirstyboywonder
10-07-2014, 11:02 AM

Our chairman has told us that our takeover will be sorted out "one way or the other" this week, so at least we'll know within 48 hours? Won't we?[/quote]

Have you considered it may be a positive for us in that he no longer wants to spend as much as was planned at RC Lens as he is putting more resources into us?
Not like you to be continually negative though is it?

No positive comment on the signing of players this week?

aussieowl
10-07-2014, 11:14 AM

Our chairman has told us that our takeover will be sorted out "one way or the other" this week, so at least we'll know within 48 hours? Won't we?[/quote]

Kinell what a bore you are, that's right innit Katch.

braggyowl
10-07-2014, 11:24 AM
GHO..If you don't like what's happening at Lens...That's up to you.

If you don't like what's happening at Hillsborough may I suggest that you go and support the Pigs..You'd fit in well with the car park demos etc..

You never know, your old buddy Katch may even get you a seat next to him..That way you could discuss all things Wednesday to your hearts content.

In fact, I reckon the both of you would make a lovely couple. ;)

braggyowl
10-07-2014, 11:28 AM
F'UCK OFF!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote

XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

Must admit braggy that did make me laugh.

Gay haired owl
Gay haired gentlement
GHO

REYT DISGUISE!!!

haha XD XD

Rotherhamowl10
10-07-2014, 11:44 AM

You can drop the 'our' and 'we' act now GHO. If you're on here for the wind up, at least liven it up a bit. It's all well going through interviews with MM in your spare time seeking any hints and deadlines on the takeover, but don't worry yourself, it will all fall into place nicely.

You're going to end up looking even more stupid when the takeover goes through - suppose that's why you've disguised yourself as a new user to save the embarrassment.

Anyway, keep working on improving your entertain

SallyKate
10-07-2014, 03:50 PM
Ten things aThe (alleged) Grey Haired Owl' has most likely done:

1.Cried at Wembley when Sheffield Wednesday beat Manchester United 1 a 0 in the League Cup Final a because we won that is.

2.Claimed he has undeniable proof that the Gold Medals won by Team GB in the 2012 Olympics were made of K*** Cheese. And that was all part of a 'North Korean Plot' to devalue Britain's 'Gold Standard'

3.Moaned about the Tour De France being a success in Yorkshire.Did he not like that.

4.Wrote to (his) God asking acan you stop all this sunshine because people are enjoying it?a

5.Formed the opinion Brazil were robbed against Germany and all seven goals Germany scored were in fact offside, handballlll or both.

6.Asked David Cameron to make smiles
illegal.(Although that will probably happen)

7.Claimed to be the 'The Man' who invented austerity. And that he did so because he was fed up of "pesky children being able to eat food."

8.Started to hate the world in general because his h

micklyons1hardbstd
10-07-2014, 09:05 PM
Have some of that, you cretinous old oaf! >:)

Rotherhamowl10
11-07-2014, 08:58 AM
Forgot to mention. Lens appeal was successful and the money was paid.

As I said, patience is the key to avoiding looking stupid.

braggyowl
11-07-2014, 04:11 PM
No reply from Katch...Er, I mean GHO then eh Roth. :O

GHO
11-07-2014, 06:49 PM
Forgot to mention. Lens appeal was successful and the money was paid.

The appeal was unsuccessful and will be heard again next Tuesday.

Katchouro
12-07-2014, 02:20 PM

Might want to consider your own advice there champ. ;)

As of yet promotion is still being denied to Lens by the French Football authorities ... all we're seeing is how the Azerbaijani conducts his business. How will he cope with having to cough up six times as much to Mandaric?

Rotherhamowl10
13-07-2014, 03:47 PM
Apologies - an article I read said that Mammodov has transferred two thirds of the money, but expects the appeal to be successful Friday - a matter of adjusting the budget accordingly.

Don't see it as an issue to be honest. If anything, I find it strange that Lens budget has to be publicly disclosed. The level of investment Racing Lens have received already from Mammodov actually impressed me, if we get anywhere near what they have got I will be pleased with the new owner.

GHO
14-07-2014, 09:05 PM
Apologies - an article I read said that Mammodov has transferred two thirds of the money, but expects the appeal to be successful Friday - a matter of adjusting the budget accordingly.

Don't see it as an issue to be honest. If anything, I find it strange that Lens budget has to be publicly disclosed. The level of investment Racing Lens have received already from Mammodov actually impressed me, if we get anywhere near what they have got I will be pleased with the new owner.

Apology accepted.

Maybe we're due one from the chairman - he said the takeover would be sorted "one way or the other" by the end of last week.

banno
14-07-2014, 09:25 PM

Apology accepted.

Maybe we're due one from the chairman - he said the takeover would be sorted "one way or the other" by the end of last week.[/quote]

no i don't think he did :O
pretty sure he said "should" not "would".
it could be his accent but thats how i remember it katch

GHO
15-07-2014, 08:23 AM
From 12 days ago:

"I am definitely looking at next week to sort it out you know one way or the other"

braggyowl
15-07-2014, 02:15 PM
So if it all gets sorted next week will everything be alright for you?

Or will you moan and complain about something else...

We're all entitled to our opinions GHO including you..But I reckon you're as much a Wednesdayite as I'm a United fan...
Think the clues just might be in every post you make. :O

GHO
15-07-2014, 05:03 PM
I don't think everything will be alright. Look at the mess at Lens who have been demoted today. Do you really want this man owning our club?

helmut_rooster
15-07-2014, 05:31 PM
I don't think everything will be alright. Look at the mess at Lens who have been demoted today. Do you really want this man owning our club?

Our club XD XD XD XD XD XD

Katchouro
15-07-2014, 07:36 PM
GHO called it right from the start.

The real victims are the Blood and Gold of Lens, regarded as the most passionate fans in France they've had their tough times and now promotion is denied in this the most cruellest of ways. They don't deserve that.

Bar the massive amount of egg on some of your faces you've got of with a near escape.

Poor old braggy and Rov in particular have made right dopes of themsens - the lesson to take is instead of dismissing the wise GHO maybe listen to him next time.

Tawnyowl24
15-07-2014, 08:09 PM

The real victims are the Blood and Gold of Lens, regarded as the most passionate fans in France they've had their tough times and now promotion is denied in this the most cruellest of ways. They don't deserve that.

Bar the massive amount of egg on some of your faces you've got of with a near escape.

Poor old braggy and Rov in particular have made right dopes of themsens - the lesson to take is instead of dismissing the wise GHO maybe listen to him next time.

F uck off on your own site pork chops

aussieowl
15-07-2014, 09:19 PM

the lesson to take is instead of dismissing the wise GHO maybe listen to him next time.

The problem for me with GHO/GreyHairedOwl is that he/they only come out & play when rain clouds are gathering, not only that they enjoy it, they love stirring the misery pot...'normal' Wednesday fans don't do this, it's what Blades do, in fact everything they post is what you'd expect from a bitter Blade who prefers to see Wednesday suffer than the Blades prosper.

I don't know if GHO & GreyHairedOwl are the same poster or not, could be one is a Dave Allen acolyte or someone from next door on the wind up but it makes no difference, neither of them are Wednesday fans...while I wouldn't want them banned & would agree they are entitled to their views but I don't have to like it & I certainly don't have to bow down even IF sometimes they are correct.

hirstyboywonder
15-07-2014, 10:30 PM

I think you might have jumped the gun regarding writing off out takeover as I think there is a good chance it will go through. Whether that's a good thing now remains to be seen but I think the club should be making a statement in respect of todays developments and I think Mammadov owes it to the Lens fans to put his side of the situation across.

For once I do agree with you regarding the Lens fans. Supported their team to a legitimat

blades58
16-07-2014, 06:48 AM

I think you might have jumped the gun regarding writing off out takeover as I think there is a good chance it will go through. Whether that's a good thing now remains to be seen but I think the club should be making a statement in respect of todays developments and I think Mammadov owes it to the Lens fans to put his side of the situation across.

For once I do agree with you regardi

braggyowl
16-07-2014, 01:06 PM

A dope calling someone else a dope...ffs..

Tawnyowl24
16-07-2014, 02:37 PM
GHO is Ashley Carson...;D

Rotherhamowl10
16-07-2014, 05:29 PM

How does what's happening at Lens have any effect on us? you do know Mammadov only owns 60% of lens?

Anyway, could have taken a leaf out of your book and totally ignored the fact I got it wrong...like you have done in the other thread.

braggyowl
17-07-2014, 09:43 AM
Yeah but he didn't get it wrong Roth...He simply lied.

Rotherhamowl10
17-07-2014, 01:42 PM
Yeah but he didn't get it wrong Roth...He simply lied.

Probably copied and pasted my post on owlsmad2 and is waiting for his fellow supporters to back him up and tell him how right he is...

gm_gm
18-07-2014, 07:44 AM
If you don't like what's happening at Hillsborough may I suggest that you go and support the Pigs

I dont get this statement Braggy

"go away and come come back!"

..:? :? :?

braggyowl
18-07-2014, 01:49 PM
Oh yes you do gm you bleeder...XD

You know your boyfriends are the real piggies...XD

braggyowl
18-07-2014, 03:40 PM
Oh btw gm...Have a word with Gram (the closet Owl) will you...he reeaaaally is obsessed with Wednesday...Not a day goes by on your board without a mention from him about us..Maybe it's because his dad was a MASSIVE Wednesdayite bless him. ;)

micklyons1hardbstd
18-07-2014, 05:22 PM
Spanner in the works...All this Hillsborough enquiry stuff on e-soccer is boring the ar$e off me...Come on Milan...Give us a takeover update...Queue Katch! :O

blademark
18-07-2014, 06:30 PM
Spanner in the works...All this Hillsborough enquiry stuff on e-soccer is boring the ar$e off me...Come on Milan...Give us a takeover update...Queue Katch! :O

Lol, where do you want him to queue ?
:-)

Katchouro
18-07-2014, 08:35 PM
Come on Milan...Give us a takeover update...

I agree, I clicked on this thread for an update from the Serb, but he seems to have lost his tongue and is keeping you all in pitch darkness.

What I do find is Rov obsessing about what I post next door! Then he's acting as no more than a shill for Mandaric and this suspect Azerbaijani.

At least hirstyboywonder has said 'I've had enough' and is ruffling a few feathers on Owlstalk - asking questions and making points others are too afraid to.

Now I was aware that the Azerbaijani was a 60% shareholder at Racing Lens but I don't buy this narrative that he's cutting off his nose to spite his face because of a 'power struggle' he's having with this Gervais Martel character - the 'he only wants to spend money on Wednesday now' argument is laughable.

The only reason that the 10 million euros hasn't materialised is because he doesn't have it, it's that simple - so where will th

gm_gm
18-07-2014, 09:28 PM
Oh btw gm...Have a word with Gram (the closet Owl) will you...he reeaaaally is obsessed with Wednesday...Not a day goes by on your board without a mention from him about us..Maybe it's because his dad was a MASSIVE Wednesdayite bless him. ;)

:O
:D :? >:)

Grams dad is a big miller some say he's TS :O

micklyons1hardbstd
18-07-2014, 10:18 PM

Lol, where do you want him to queue ?
:-)[/quote]XD Ok ok ok..."CUE"...Bit p!ssed...Couldn't face her sober!

braggyowl
19-07-2014, 05:22 AM
Love the way Katch is so very concerned all of a sudden about the Lens fans..He must have a bit of a soft spot for them that he's never told us about...I wonder if he'd feel the same way about fans of say, Middlesbro' or Blackpool etc if they were in our position and Mr. Mammadov was involved...

I'll give you all the answer to that straight away...No, he wouldn't give a flying fck about them whatsoever!!!!!

Stop hoping and praying that it's all gonna go t!ts up for us Katch..If it does there's nowt anyone can do about it...If it goes through we won't see you on here for dust and you know it!

braggyowl
19-07-2014, 05:34 AM
In other words Katch because Wednesday are involved you feel sorry for the Lens fans...If it was between Blackpool and Lens or any other club you wouldn't give a sh!t...

You really do hate us don't you.

micklyons1hardbstd
19-07-2014, 08:55 AM
Most do...and its funny as f@ck...Up the Massive!

Rotherhamowl10
19-07-2014, 05:34 PM

I agree, I clicked on this thread for an update from the Serb, but he seems to have lost his tongue and is keeping you all in pitch darkness.

What I do find is Rov obsessing about what I post next door! Then he's acting as no more than a shill for Mandaric and this suspect Azerbaijani.

At least hirstyboywonder has said 'I've had enough' and is ruffling a few feathers on Owlstalk - asking questions and making points others are too afraid to.

Now I was aware that the Azerbaijani was a 60% shareholder at Racing Lens but I don't buy this narrative that he's cutting off his nose to spite his face because of a 'power struggle' he's having with this Gervais Martel character - the 'he only wants to spend money on Wednesday now' argument is laughable.

The only reason that the 10 million euros hasn't materialised is because he doesn

Katchouro
19-07-2014, 10:04 PM
Rovs on the wind up he must be.

Knowledge isnt necessary to tell us he doesnt have the finances to present to the DNCG, just logic. Promotion to Ligue 1 would bring in revenue to dwarf the 10 million euros, it would also allow for the exposure that apparently he is looking for out of his involvement in football.

And what of this power struggle? If the Azerbaijanis MO is to promote Azerbaijan as an investment opportunity, tourist destination - whatever, what sort of PR is depriving his clubs fans of promotion and ripping the club apart with a native going to bring? An Eastern European, Muslim, Oligarch messing a French community and a French institution around that will go down well with the locals.

Give that head of yours a shake and start posting some common sense on the matter - not the anti Gervais Martel propaganda nonsense the zealots are posting on Owlstalk.

And speaking of not posting sense; braggy, anyone who hates Wednesday would want the Azerbaijani in ch

aussieowl
19-07-2014, 10:34 PM

Rotherhamowl - you should be concerned, so stop being a stooge and start asking questions.

[/quote]

Why should anyone be concerned...save being concerned for your family, health, job, things of that nature.

Bottom line...football is a game, nothing more, yes it can be a MASSIVE part of our lives, take up lots of our time, stir up emotions etc etc but nontheless it's still just a game...any mature person with any substance to their lives shouldn't waste one second worrying about football.

It doesn't mean there's no interest or that you don't care or that it doesn't affect other aspects of your carry on but ffs...ask questions if you must but out of interest not worry & concern...phuck me I'd rather give it up all together than have the worry that some would have me suffer in the of football...it's a fantastic game, the best

aussieowl
19-07-2014, 10:43 PM
[quote="Katchouro"]Rovs on the wind up he must be.

Knowledge isnt necessary to tell us he doesnt have the finances to present to the DNCG, just logic. Promotion to Ligue 1 would bring in revenue to dwarf the 10 million euros, it would also allow for the exposure that apparently he is looking for out of his involvement in football.

And what of this power struggle? If the Azerbaijanis MO is to promote Azerbaijan as an investment opportunity, tourist destination - whatever, what sort of PR is depriving his clubs fans of promotion and ripping the club apart with a native going to bring? An Eastern European, Muslim, Oligarch messing a French community and a French institution around that will go down well with the locals.

Give that head of yours a shake and start posting some common sense on the matter - not the anti Gervais Martel propaganda nonsense the zealots are posting on Owlstalk.

And speaking of not posting sense; braggy, anyone who h

Katchouro
19-07-2014, 10:53 PM
I'm not liking the Laissez-faire tude aussie. This is Sheffield football and it's incredibly, incredibly serious. Check out the Burton threads next door.

As penance I'm charging you with producing a 10 'Facts about Gervais Martel' dossier I want you to present to us all by midday tomorrow.

aussieowl
19-07-2014, 11:08 PM
Who's Gervais Martel?, 20 goals a season striker?..;)

Katchouro
19-07-2014, 11:13 PM
Don't be daft, Sheffield football doesn't do 20 goal a season strikers.

Apart from the fella banno loves to talk about. ;) But enough about him, I'll get called a Trotskyite again.

I'm liking this Gervais Martel. A no nonsense talking Gaul who won't be bullied by some interloping conman.

http://i62.tinypic.com/28i23hf.jpg

Young Gervais had a bit of the Ozil / Feldman / Lorre about him.

http://i58.tinypic.com/259ac6w.jpg

Allez Gervais. Here is from one of my footballing heroes as a youth, as the most intelligent football fans in the country can one of you tell me who it is? No Googling now.

http://i60.tinypic.com/2uyqauf.jpg

It's not Tom Cruise by the way.

micklyons1hardbstd
20-07-2014, 08:54 AM
Is it Burton 4 Adidas 0 ??

micklyons1hardbstd
20-07-2014, 09:01 AM
Richard burton?

micklyons1hardbstd
20-07-2014, 09:01 AM
Tim burton?

micklyons1hardbstd
20-07-2014, 09:02 AM
Levar burton?

micklyons1hardbstd
20-07-2014, 09:03 AM
Steve mclaren?

micklyons1hardbstd
20-07-2014, 09:03 AM
Tom cruise's dad?

micklyons1hardbstd
20-07-2014, 09:11 AM
Nailed it...And is the one above Tom cruise's dad, Raymond burr?

micklyons1hardbstd
20-07-2014, 09:18 AM
Has Tom cruise's dad just sh;t himself? :/

braggyowl
20-07-2014, 10:43 AM

Rotherhamowl - you should be concerned, so stop being a stooge and start asking questions.

[/quote]

Why should anyone be concerned...save being concerned for your family, health, job, things of that nature.

Bottom line...football is a game, nothing more, yes it can be a MASSIVE part of our lives, take up lots of our time, stir up emotions etc etc but nontheless it's still just a game...any mature person with any substance to their lives shouldn't waste one second worrying about football.

It doesn't mean there's no interest or that you don't care or that it doesn't affect other aspects of your carry on but ffs...ask questions if you must but out of interest not worry & concern...phuck me I'd rather give it up all together than have the worry that some would have me suffer in the nam

braggyowl
20-07-2014, 10:44 AM
Richard burton?

Gone for a Burton...

SallyKate
20-07-2014, 11:41 AM
If this helps - It's quite simple actually.

Last Gervas statement:

"Gervais Martel a tente de dissiper les doutes entourant le RC Lens, dont l'inscription en L1 a ete refusee pa la DNCG dans l'attente du versement des 10 millions deuros que devait apporter lactionnaire principal azerbaidjanais, Hafiz Mammadov. Il y a eu deux soucis lors du virement de ces 10 millions d'euros. Il a dabord ete effectue vers le Credit Agricole, alors que celui-ci ne pouvait pas le recevoir car on a change de banque. Puis, quand il a ete fait vers le Credit Lyonnais, il y a eu une erreur dans le code IBAN , a explique le president du club."

Translation:

Gervais Martel tried to dispel doubts surrounding RC Lens, whose registration was refusedto L1 by DNCG pending payment of 10 million that was promised by the main shareholder of Azerbaijan, Hafiz Mammadov. Martel stated: "There were two concerns during the transfer of the 10 million. It was first made to the Credit Agricole, this bank could n

SallyKate
20-07-2014, 12:02 PM
This is the last bit form thr last :(Sorry I missed it off)

Translation:

Despite (lens) have been guaranteed up to eigh**** million euros by the Bank of Azerbaijan, the DNCG Appeals now want ten million in cash as asked in the first hearing. These funds having not yet arrived on our accounts,(See previous) the Appeal Board has the DNCG confirmed the decision (of the second hearing)

And finally from the Martel himself

Martel sure of reinstatement
posted: 2014-07-16 17:30
tags: Soccer, France, General
Lens president Gervais Martel has declared his intention to have his team reinstated to Ligue 1, despite their financial troubles.

Martel sure of reinstatement
Les Sang et Or were set for a return to the top flight after finishing second in Ligue 2, but their budget was rejected and were sent back to the second tier.

Martel confirmed they hope to have the decision overturned at the expense of Sochaux, who are the first in line to be reinstated should Lens' bid fail.

"We presented

blades58
20-07-2014, 06:25 PM
SallyKate,

Any idea what this Molina fella is rabbiting on about? That's the sports tweeter who get's info re Lens, Mammadov etc and has been posting about the takeover since day 1

Romain Molina @Romain_Molina 2h

Gervais Martel : Mammadov didnt buy Sheffield Wednesday [] Hes offended by the DNCG and he wont give the 10 million to Lens

Wtf is he on about when Mammadov/Mandy have made statements to the tune of he's buying/bought SWFC and is awaiting ratification?

Katchouro
20-07-2014, 07:45 PM
At this moment in time I don't believe Mandaric has received a cent. Contracts signed, guarantees made, hands shaken sure - but with no money, no takeover.

Mandaric has an obligation to tell me and everyone else in Sheffield just exactly what is going on. The Serb has been as quiet as Gervais Martel has been vocal. Just what is he hiding?

aussieowl
20-07-2014, 08:38 PM
Stop it Katch, just stop it...a man has to sleep at nights..XD

Katchouro
20-07-2014, 09:03 PM
Does dishonest Mandy's conscience allow him to sleep at nights?

BTW aussie, I couldn't resist giving you a check next door on the, frankly brilliant, 'they're at it again', thread.

These Lens fans aren't impressed with you MASSIVES.

aussieowl
20-07-2014, 11:19 PM
Dishonest?...what's he done that's dishonest?

Thanks for mentioning my again next door, I really appreciate it..;) the problem with the context though is that much like a couple of others next door it shows the 'Think Sheffield Think Sheffield Wednesday' thread still hits home...I know it must be hard to accept but the old man from York post is 100% the truth, that being said I did share it for the banter but insecurity runs deep on Bladesmad it seems.

aussieowl
20-07-2014, 11:45 PM
I've just read the 'They're at it again' thread, I don't see the brilliance myself, just the usual take something & blow it out of proportion effect...seems a little goes a long long way at times.

I feel a bit sorry for the Owl posting on the link, some fairly innocuous question & answer stuff with the French & the poor sod didn't realise he'd be hunted down by Bladesmadders bent on tarnishing an entire fanbase but...he'll learn.

Rotherhamowl10
21-07-2014, 10:17 AM
I've just read the 'They're at it again' thread, I don't see the brilliance myself, just the usual take something & blow it out of proportion effect...seems a little goes a long long way at times.

I feel a bit sorry for the Owl posting on the link, some fairly innocuous question & answer stuff with the French & the poor sod didn't realise he'd be hunted down by Bladesmadders bent on tarnishing an entire fanbase but...he'll learn.

It's a regular pass time on bladesmad Aussie. Can you imagine if we tarnished their entire fanbase on people such as Lansdowneoldskool and sherman?

By logic katch, I assume you mean conjecturing scenarios from the scraps of information that have been released in the press by Martel.
It's as easy as that then? Invest 10 million euros and reap the rewards in revenue that promotion to Ligue 1 would bringa.if it's that easy, why hasn't he done it? You believe he doesn't have the money, from what he's inv

SallyKate
21-07-2014, 01:27 PM
This is long a sorry but Iam catching up answering one or two points.

Dear Mr Bladesmad,

(Your avitar demeans you by the way a football should not divide so extremely)

Still I will tell you what I know.

Romain Molina is an aoccasionala freelance French journalist for L'equipe.

His interests are French football, English Non League football and Scottish football. The latter is his real passion a reason aI got drunk with Rangers fans and really loved the experiencea. I assume he meant got adrunk on atmospherea a but I could be wrong.

When asked to the true sleeping giants of English football Mr Molina constantly lists in order a Leeds United, Nottingham Forest, Sheffield Wednesday, Plymouth Argyle and Luton Town. Sheffield United donat get a mention. Neither do Wolves, Portsmouth or Derby County.

Personally I think he should have removed Plymouth and Luton and added Wolves, Derby and Portsmouth.

His hates are foreign owners of English Clubs.

SallyKate
21-07-2014, 01:32 PM
continued (for a bit)

Simple isnt it?

Now as whether the deal is ratified and goes through. No one knows. And I suspect some are simply making mischief for their own reasons. Personally I will wait and see. And personally I will remain an Owl Forever

SKT xxxx

Katchouro
22-07-2014, 06:24 AM
Well that's another first, 'The Stock Transfer Act 1963 (Amended 1981)' being mentioned on this board. Re confidentiality it's a discretionary courtesy rather than a mandatory action unless specifically worded in the contacts. I don't think it would be too much to ask for Mandaric to address the tidalwave of worry and FUD considering the info he's already disclosed - after all he's made noises that have resulted in season tickets being bought. Mandaric's lamented predecessor wouldn't shut up during the Geoff Sheard fakeover.

According to a couple of Owlstalk luminaries Mandaric is in the States in a fit of depression being comforted by his family as the deal is as good as off. The depressed Serbian pensioner has come to the stark and painful realisation that he is still lumbered with the money haemorrhaging poisoned chalice that is SWFC. Few will have sympathy for the grubby profiteering carpet bagger.

Now I think most of us can sympathise and relate to our friend Gervais Mar

Rotherhamowl10
22-07-2014, 09:54 AM
Do you really believe that people could be persuaded to buy a season ticket at SWFC on the basis that a takeover could happen XD XD

He's so lumbered with SWFC that he managed to sell them for 40+ million...

SallyKate
22-07-2014, 02:35 PM
Personally Katch the previous post was aimed to point out the difficulties with speaking publicly about deals. I've been involved in more than a few takeovers as a national rep for employees in my time and restrictions do exist on all parties. It may not be fair - but that's life. (I thought you would have known this as a clarion for thew workers)

As for confidentiality clauses - it's the first thing signed before any official business jaw jaw starts. Again not fair - but that's life.

All that aside whether the deal goes ahead or not is out of my (and your) hands. If it does it does. If it doesn't it doesn't. Simples. It matters not one jot as far as I am concerned.

One point though - you claim you speak for RC Lens fans. From what I see and examine from what is sent to me they (fans) are pretty divided. Some blame Martel - some Mammadov - others both - many are just hoping. It's the way of football fans. I've never seem a throng of football fans, or any throng for matter, hold a s

SallyKate
26-07-2014, 01:31 PM
From tehFRench Press today

Selon Joel Domenighetti de L'Equipe, le president du RC Lens se serait rendu a Londres ce vendredi matin afin de rencontrer l'equipe d'Hafiz Mammadov, present en Angleterre pour finaliser le rachat de Sheffield Wednesday.
According to Joel Domenighetti L'Equipe, the president of RC Lens had traveled to London on Friday morning to meet the Hafiz Mammadov team present in England to finalize the takeover of Sheffield Wednesday

Selon Joel Domenighetti de L'Equipe, le president du RC Lens se serait rendu a Londres ce vendredi matin afin de rencontrer l'equipe d'Hafiz Mammadov, present en Angleterre pour finaliser le rachat de Sheffield Wednesday.

Le journaliste indique que des changements pourraient avoir lieu dans le management du club lens assez prochainement.

According to Joel Domenighetti L'Equipe, the president of RC Lens had traveled to London on Friday morning to meet the Hafiz Mammadov team present in England to finalize the takeover of Sheffield W

micklyons1hardbstd
26-07-2014, 06:39 PM
Wednesday till I die..whatever happens...but in the mean time..its funny as fu(k watching the pigs squirm..!

banno
26-07-2014, 10:33 PM
What I find amusing is that the pigs can tell you everything that's happening in the takeover at Hillsborough and don't miss a word that's reported.
I personally haven't read a word and haven't a clue what's going on (most fans that's I've spoken to are the same).
If we suddenly start spending a few bob that's a sign that things have changed and then I will get interested.
Until then its just the pigs that are worried sh1tless they might be even further behind (if that's possible).
I bet katch can't sleep at night :-)

braggyowl
27-07-2014, 05:14 AM
The posts on their board are unreal..As you say, they are sh!tting themselves and the jealousy is just oozing out..
Yeah they'll say they're not..But the replies from the usual suspects are so laughable.

I really didn't think they could get more obsessed than they already are..How wrong was I.

They're now saying they want the take over to happen (yeah right)...Cos they know it's all gonna end in tears...ffs just how deluded are these scruffy grunters..

You've gotta laugh at em...Oh wait on a minute...We've been doing that for years and years anyway...Keep up the good work next door piggies...All the other footy mad boards are laughing at you, just as we are, and thinking..fck me how jealous are these pigs about their bigger and more well supported neighbours.
;)

GHO
27-07-2014, 08:01 AM
The Wednesday takeover which went through on 10 June will hopefully go through soon. Hopefully Wednesday will make another statement within the next fortnight.

banno
27-07-2014, 03:59 PM
The Wednesday takeover which went through on 10 June will hopefully go through soon. Hopefully Wednesday will make another statement within the next fortnight.

Well f00k me, aren't you informative.
Columbo? Or just reading the official site?
No rush as long as its the right result for THE WEDNESDAY

kivoblade135
27-07-2014, 04:19 PM
Guess it's not today then dad

GHO
27-07-2014, 07:50 PM

No rush as long as its the right result for THE WEDNESDAY[/quote]

You say that there is no rush but our Head Coach says that he has missed out on several signings due to our non-takeover.

aussieowl
27-07-2014, 08:47 PM

You say that there is no rush but our Head Coach says that he has missed out on several signings due to our non-takeover.[/quote]

"our" Head Coach...XD XD XD

Rotherhamowl10
28-07-2014, 08:58 AM

You say that there is no rush but our Head Coach says that he has missed out on several signings due to our non-takeover.[/quote]

Have you missed the point where no takeover would mean no signings?

Going into the new season with a thin squad is nothing new to us. We will adjust accordingly and just get on with it.

Katchouro
28-07-2014, 10:34 PM
Your squad's so thin I expect Dr Christian Jessen to be a regular at Hillsborough this season. The Serb is certainly taking a gamble, it's the same lot who made such a shocking record breaking start last year under Jones.

Well done to Gervais Martel as well, looks like he came through for Lens whilst the Azerbaijani flaked around.

braggyowl
29-07-2014, 04:56 AM
And well done Mr. MaCabe...For keeping you in the third division for four years in a row.

GHO
29-07-2014, 08:17 AM
Have you missed the point where no takeover would mean no signings?

That is not what our chairman told us.

Rotherhamowl10
29-07-2014, 08:53 AM
Looks like I was right all along.

Racing Lens finances sorted and their appeal is due to be successful and promotion confirmed. Don't expect an apology from the negatives amongst us on this thread who once again got it wrong.

Keep moving the goalposts though to find an alternative argument after your original point gets proven wrong - it's entertaining.

As I said all along...patience is key.

GHO
29-07-2014, 12:00 PM

Racing Lens finances sorted and their appeal is due to be successful and promotion confirmed. Don't expect an apology from the negatives amongst us on this thread who once again got it wrong.

Keep moving the goalposts though to find an alternative argument after your original point gets proven wrong - it's entertaining.

You told us that Lens had won their appeal before they had it - and then they lost it.

I can't remember you telling us about their salary cap and transfer restrictions.

SallyKate
29-07-2014, 12:16 PM
GHO[/quote]

That is not what our chairman told us.[/quote]

That would be the Poundland Prince and Mr McCabe then.

SallyKate
29-07-2014, 01:11 PM
Dear Mr Katch - sorry GHO - (They both return at the same time lol)

Mr Martel popular? lol As usual I will just report what is printed in France.

From Lequipe>

Le 12e homme se montre partagA entre dAception et coup de gueule. InterrogAs par nos soins, plusieurs responsables de sections, livrent leur sentiment et demandent des Aclaircissements. Ils estiment notamment dans une certaine mesure avoir AtA trompAs par la direction du club.

Translation:

The 12th man (Supporters) share disappointment and have their say. Interviewed by us, sections of fans reveal their feelings and ask for clarification. They argue in particular to a certain extent they have been misled by Gervais Martel.

Followed by first three comments:

Mais Gervais Martela J LA*, les gens en ont assez. Tous les jours, il se passe quelque chose et des mauvaises nouvelles quant au RC Lens. On passe pour des bouffons. Oui, je vise Gervais Martel ! Hafiz Mammadov, je ne le connais pas. Moi, je veux un club qui

Rotherhamowl10
29-07-2014, 01:18 PM

You told us that Lens had won their appeal before they had it - and then they lost it.

I can't remember you telling us about their salary cap and transfer restrictions.[/quote]

Apart from the fact Lens did actually to go on to be successful in their appeal, I did indeed jump the gun and got it wrong...but was eventually right in the end.

You and Katch spouted your premature opinion of doubt and negativity around what was happening at Lens, only for it all to pan out quite nicely...yet I don'

GHO
29-07-2014, 05:33 PM
The financial plight of Racing Lens is now sorted and we are told to expect a further update on 'our' takeover before the first game (sure you'll have it in your diary)...what more do you want?

For a club in crisis, what more could we want then some information on somebody possibly buying the club 2 months after it was officially announced as sold.

Rotherhamowl10
30-07-2014, 08:27 AM
The financial plight of Racing Lens is now sorted and we are told to expect a further update on 'our' takeover before the first game (sure you'll have it in your diary)...what more do you want?

For a club in crisis, what more could we want then some information on somebody possibly buying the club 2 months after it was officially announced as sold.[/quote]

Which contained an explanation as to why there has been a delay.

Katchouro
30-07-2014, 11:51 AM
I swear this place is getting weirder and weirder. With posters mounting propaganda campaigns against a Frenchman we'd never heard of 3 months ago and Rov fixated on winning arguments that aren't even there.

It's twilight zone stuff.

And while it's going on you don't seem concerned about going into the season embarrassingly underprepared.

SallyKate
31-07-2014, 11:10 AM
Katch,

It's not a propaganda campaign. It's simply reporting what is happening in the French Press.I get it and translate then post no matter what it says. Nothing more nothing less. Indeed if you hadn't been so obsessed with Mr Martel I wouldn't have asked my friends to send me items and links to give me an insight and outline. Indeed if you see previous examples on this matter it's simply updates. Nothing more nothing less.

Regarding the take over I will wait and see. If it happens it happens if it doesn't it doesn't. Simples.

I go to watch the football. The teams I pay to watch home and away are Sheffield Wednesday and England. I do it to because its my passion and also its get away from the tittle tattle that infests daily life.

Like you I have watched my team at many levels and grades of performance and ability. And like you I have seen owners and players come and go. That will continue. But what will also continue is that I and many will still go - it's the shirt I (and

Rotherhamowl10
31-07-2014, 12:45 PM
Katch Fact - did you know that Gervais Martel was married to Lena Martel who sang "One day at a time." She wrote it for him. Apparently it didn't help and she left him because his drinking issues worsened and he lost all his memory - so much so he forgot who he owed money to and who owed him money too.

Actually I made that up. and if I hadn't stated that I had that would be propaganda. Get it? Chuckle more love.

XD XD XD XD

Love it.

aussieowl
01-08-2014, 04:56 AM
And while it's going on you don't seem concerned about going into the season embarrassingly underprepared.

Cos it's nowt new to us Katch...the last 14 seasons have seen us go into them underdone in terms of players & as fans there is nothing we can do about it, no point being concerned or worried, just witness what happens & see what what transpires...if we have a good season then great if not well it's not like we haven't been disappointed before... for the record I think we'll be fine but then I always do...looking forward to the new season but again I always do, football holds zero worries & concerns for me.

Rotherhamowl10
01-08-2014, 10:28 AM
If I was Katch, I would direct my worrying at his own clubs priority to sign a striker. You'd think with the 'game changing investment' that they would have two 20 goal + strikers in their ranks.

I suppose Chris Porker is enough to keep you out of the bottom 4 ;)

GHO
05-08-2014, 08:53 PM
Oh dear! Another transfer embargo for Lens after the promised money failed to arrive.

Katchouro
05-08-2014, 09:09 PM
If I was Katch, I would direct my worrying at his own clubs priority to sign a striker.

I've no problem admitting I want to see some more quality brought in to play up front for us. I'm presuming you think the same about your own lot. It looks like Antonio won't be around to play the makeshift striker role anymore.

Now do you have any comments on the restrictions placed on Lens? Or are you still naively pretending that everything is kosher with this Mammadov character?

SallyKate
07-08-2014, 05:04 PM
If I was Katch, I would direct my worrying at his own clubs priority to sign a striker.

I've no problem admitting I want to see some more quality brought in to play up front for us. I'm presuming you think the same about your own lot. It looks like Antonio won't be around to play the makeshift striker role anymore.

Now do you have any comments on the restrictions placed on Lens? Or are you still naively pretending that everything is kosher with this Mammadov character?[/quote]

Katch Quote - 'everything is Kosher' with this Mammadov character'

Well I never - I didn't know Mammy followed the kashrut and obeyed the halakha so studiously. Or is that just me and my fellow devotees within the Tribe of Judha? Good on him however. The world could do with more men of inter faiths like him.

But back to the questions you asked:

Antonio has gone - I liked him - but that's football

GHO
22-08-2014, 07:50 AM
Our chairman is now blaming the media forcing the club to announce that the takeover was completed on 10 June.

Perhaps the media wanted us to sell more season tickets.

helmut_rooster
22-08-2014, 09:26 AM
Our chairman is now blaming the media forcing the club to announce that the takeover was completed on 10 June.

or perhaps the story got leaked a little too early?

Not seen any quotes to back up what your saying and anyhow your chairman is Dave Allen.

Rotherhamowl10
22-08-2014, 11:10 AM

Why would anyone buy a season ticket purely based on whether or not the club you support is about to be taken over :? :? :? I believe comedy Katch suggested the same thing...

Our good start to the season shows that it's not the end of the world if MM turns around and tells Mamma he's had enough time and pulls the plug on the deal. We are a few additions from becoming a team that can challenge for the top 6 - the only thing stopping us is injuries.

braggyowl
22-08-2014, 11:40 AM

Oh is he...Righto then, thanks for letting us know.

braggyowl
22-08-2014, 11:42 AM
By the way I renewed ours in March.

SallyKate
22-08-2014, 07:49 PM
I renewed mine in March too. Quite a lot of us did.

GHO - you couldn't make him up could you. Oh I forgot he is made up. Miserable so and so. I think he's Unlucky Alf.

SKT xxxx

Katchouro
22-08-2014, 08:46 PM
Why would anyone buy a season ticket purely based on whether or not the club you support is about to be taken over

We are a few additions from becoming a team that can challenge for the top 6.

Rovs on the wind up again I see. Top 6 - you'll give me a hernia making me laugh so much.

As for the Fakeover, I believe the trio of Michelle McManus, Mama Cass and Montserrat Caballe are on stage clearing their throats.

braggyowl
23-08-2014, 05:33 AM
TBH I still think it will happen...Don't ask me why, I just do.

If it doesn't though I sure as hell aint gonna lose any sleep over it!

Katchouro
24-08-2014, 08:54 PM
If anything you should sleep easier knowing this Azerbaijani dodgepot won't be getting his hands on your club.

GHO called it right from the off, his instincts told him something wasn't right. Mandaric could do worse than hire him as a consultant, would have spared him from all the egg on his face tom-foolery.