PDA

View Full Version : 3rd & 4th place play off

aussieowl
09-07-2014, 11:03 PM
What's the point of it...nobody wants to play in it, hardly anyone remembers who loses in the final never mind who takes 3rd or 4th place...should be scrapped.

micklyons1hardbstd
10-07-2014, 05:04 AM
At least maybe now I might not keep hearing the phrase, "Louie Van Gaal, tactical genius!" :zzz:

aussieowl
10-07-2014, 06:18 AM
It's only a brief respite mate, there's all next season in the prem yet..XD

Rotherhamowl10
10-07-2014, 08:53 AM
All about the money...

Someone has to line the corrupt fat cats at FIFA's pockets.

aussieowl
10-07-2014, 09:38 AM
True enough RO, plus it's something from the 1930's...if the World Cup had just been dreamed up there's no way there would be a third & fourth place play off.

hirstyboywonder
10-07-2014, 10:59 AM
It's only a brief respite mate, there's all next season in the prem yet..XD

Very tired of it and I think a lot of this media frenzy about Van Gaal's supposed genius is designed to generate interest for the Premier League next season.
If the new Man-ure manager was such a genius then his tactics would have prevented them from having to wait until the last 5 minutes to score twice against Mexico, would have beaten Costa Rica without the need for penalties and would have scored against an average Argentina defensive line up.

Sabella has got his team to the final and yet unlike Van Gaal, most of his press has been negative. Some of it deserved in my opinion as even though he has some average players to pick from at the back, there is little flow to their attacking play despite a few decent players. Saying that, he has got them well drilled defensively with Mascherano providing excellent cover in front of a largely average defence so

braggyowl
10-07-2014, 11:30 AM
What's the point of it...nobody wants to play in it, hardly anyone remembers who loses in the final never mind who takes 3rd or 4th place...should be scrapped.

Couldn't agree more...Waste of time...

blades58
10-07-2014, 12:10 PM
I think I can clear this one up

The sole purpose of the 3rd and 4th place play-off match is entirely for the benefit of all Dream team members

You're welcome :)

SallyKate
10-07-2014, 01:31 PM
I won't be watching the 3rd and 4th charade.

And if it has bad as the Argentina V Holland - - Semi Final - or the state of the Brazil team's psych- my sympathies go out to all that do.
xx