PDA

View Full Version : Journalist suffers abuse after BBC interview

Lisbon_Lions_CSC
15-07-2014, 03:30 PM
Scotland shame doing what they do best...threatening people.

News
Media
Greenslade

Badge greenslade blog

Previous
Blog home

Journalist suffers ***ist and racist abuse after BBC interview about Rangers

Share 100
Tweet this
Email

Imagine this scenario. A young female reporter appears on a BBC TV news and current affairs programme to take part in a discussion about a story she has covered.

She is factually accurate in what she says. She does not raise her voice. The interviewer treats her with respect.

Within minutes of her appearance, however, she is subjected to a stream of foul online abuse that is both ***ist and racist. She is described as a "ginger hag", "one ugly mother", "a pape bigot", an "ugly ****** *******", "a ****** cow" and even worse misogynistic expletive-laden bile, which I refrain from publishing.

But this is not an imaginary incident. It happened at the end of last week to Angela Haggerty, who writes for The Drum magazine.

He

MaccabiFever
15-07-2014, 03:33 PM
Oops, sorry Ed.

happytim
15-07-2014, 03:48 PM
ive read some of her bloggs in the past and she is spot on with what she says.

hope she continues to tell the truth and not let clowns get her down.

Lisbon_Lions_CSC
15-07-2014, 03:54 PM
ive read some of her bloggs in the past and she is spot on with what she says.

hope she continues to tell the truth and not let clowns get her down.

Theres a fantastic comment from someone called Glasgowbhoy further down, nails it big time

"Bon courage, Angela Haggerty. Very interesting to read Prof Greenslade's perspective here. I would ask Guardian readers outside Scotland please to remember this when they read and hear reports about what has happened with Rangers, before and since liquidation.

Ms Haggerty's experience shows that unless you go along with the myth that Rangers somehow survived liquidation, its supporters come after you. The press, the new club pretending to be Rangers and supporters groups do nothing to rein this in. If you stick your head above the parapet, you get it.

Therefore, when we read rubbish about Rangers having been relegated to the fourth tier of Scottish football two years ago, about competing i

gersforme
15-07-2014, 04:11 PM
anykvnt who gets that worked up over the media is aff their nut, we all know the mhedia hate rangers

scoobydhoo1
15-07-2014, 04:12 PM
The sad fact for fans of the rangers team(1872-2012) was if it wasn't for their discrimination of catholic players in Scotland they would proably have won if not at least challenged for the European cup in the 60's and 70's.

leeds utd were the main benifactors of the rangers policy of discrimination,really good players like billy bremner,joe Jordan,eddie and frank gray were not welcome within ibrox,thankfully jim denny and gregor stevens were.

David murray knew he had to change the system at rangers,but it came way to late and he spent a large fortune on winning the Scottish league but failed miserably in Europe,trying to eclipse the celtic team of 1967 was the death of rangers.

ZombieSkelper
15-07-2014, 04:13 PM
Everybody hated rangers until rangers died :D

gersforme
15-07-2014, 04:13 PM
away and shyte ya phucking tadger, kvnts like you feast on hatred

ZombieSkelper
15-07-2014, 04:16 PM
Kvnts like me? Whit's that meant to mean?

Sconemeister1314
15-07-2014, 04:18 PM
Pacific Shelf 595 fc are a hoot :D

Poguemahone
15-07-2014, 04:23 PM
All right minded thinking people have disdain for Rangers in relation to the shadowy practices carried out by the so called 'custodians' of the club like Murray, Green and Whyte...my old granddad will be turning in his grave at the humiliation these fraudsters have caused his beloved Rangers.

Its the medias job to expose the 'supporters' of said club that revel in bigotry, violence and "feast on hatred".

scoobydhoo1
15-07-2014, 04:33 PM
All right minded thinking people have disdain for Rangers in relation to the shadowy practices carried out by the so called 'custodians' of the club like Murray, Green and Whyte...my old granddad will be turning in his grave at the humiliation these fraudsters have caused his beloved Rangers.

Its the medias job to expose the 'supporters' of said club that revel in bigotry, violence and "feast on hatred".

Murray,green and whyte might be fraudsters ,but the hierarchy of rangers before them were the ones who started the ball rolling with their discrimation policy.

Thankfully celtic never were stupid enough to play only catholics to appease their fans,the rangers board did listen to their fans though and hence good catholic players were denied the chance of playing for rangers.
Aberdeen also realized what a mistake rangers were making,jimmy smith and Arthur graham were just 2 players that played for the dons,jimmy smith was an exc

scots
15-07-2014, 04:40 PM
Lot of denial and hurt on this thread.

I almost wish Rangers had died to help the suffering Timmy bigots but my hopes were thwarted by the law and the football authorities and club associations and various others such as ASA, BBC, :blue: :blue:

Unionist
15-07-2014, 04:47 PM
Aw dear, poor Angela, the poor inoffensive wee thing who spouts bigoted bile calling groups of people the klan, fronts the book for the bigot tarred with a sickening sectarian brush, goes on telly to tell lies about her favourite subject and gets called a fews. Then up pops Greenslade to play the victim card for her (again). Quelle surprise.

Always the victims, it's never their fault.

manofsteel
15-07-2014, 05:18 PM
Aw dear, poor Angela, the poor inoffensive wee thing who spouts bigoted bile calling groups of people the klan, fronts the book for the bigot tarred with a sickening sectarian brush, goes on telly to tell lies about her favourite subject and gets called a fews. Then up pops Greenslade to play the victim card for her (again). Quelle surprise.

Always the victims, it's never their fault.

What lies did she tell to receive such abuse? The dhubs need to have a long hard look at themselves.

Shake head smiley.

BertrandRussell
15-07-2014, 05:30 PM
She knew exactly what she was doing and she wanted a reaction.

manofsteel
15-07-2014, 05:34 PM
She knew exactly what she was doing and she wanted a reaction.

Did she? You seem to know a lot about her intentions, dhub slime is all they are. :(

BertrandRussell
15-07-2014, 05:35 PM
She writes blogs about Rangers. She's a Tim. She edited a book about Rangers, written by a well known anti-Rangers blogger.

Are you suggesting she didn't expect an online backlash?

Don't be so naive. Tims crave something to whine about.

manofsteel
15-07-2014, 05:38 PM
She writes blogs about Rangers. She's a Tim. She edited a book about Rangers, written by a well known anti-Rangers blogger.

Are you suggesting she didn't expect an online backlash?

Don't be so naive. Tims crave something to whine about.

I am, but then again, unlike you, i had never heard of her till this distasteful instance, lucky she never mentioned ibrox being castle greyskull eh.

BertrandRussell
15-07-2014, 05:40 PM
Castle Greyskull is the home of the good guys in He-Man.

:)

Sconemeister1314
15-07-2014, 05:41 PM
whats a dhub :?

manofsteel
15-07-2014, 05:41 PM
Castle Greyskull is the home of the good guys in He-Man.

:)

I know, everyone but her seemed to know, so why did the dhubs wish death on her unborn child?

BertrandRussell
15-07-2014, 05:42 PM
I think you need to calm down, bob.

manofsteel
15-07-2014, 05:43 PM
Calm down? Wo land baiting is what i do for relaxation.

BertrandRussell
15-07-2014, 05:46 PM
You're no' very good at it.

GB_Bhoy
15-07-2014, 05:51 PM
There is a phrase in football that rings true in debates and comments.

"Play the ball not the man."

Lots of playing the man or in this case woman goes on a**** the Zombies when it comes to Haggerty.

Very little actual rebutal of the points and facts she puts out there. I wonder why that is?

BertrandRussell
15-07-2014, 05:54 PM
I think we've taken quite enough Timmy intervention from Phil McMadeUpName and are getting a wee bit sick of it.

What interest do Celtic fans have in the good of Rangers Football Club? None.

super_ally_rfc
15-07-2014, 06:09 PM
heres what other journos have to say about it

Ronnie MacKay @RonnieMacKay AaAA 40m
As much as I detest abuse to fellow journalists, has to be said Roy, Phil and Angela are clearly in cahoots. Propaganda/agendas at its best.

Chris Jack a@Chris_Jack89 34m
@RonnieMacKay The only surprise is that its taken until today for it to fully swing into action once again

super_ally_rfc
15-07-2014, 06:13 PM
There is a phrase in football that rings true in debates and comments.

"Play the ball not the man."

Lots of playing the man or in this case woman goes on a**** the Zombies when it comes to Haggerty.

Very little actual rebutal of the points and facts she puts out there. I wonder why that is?

Let's be honest and grown up about this.

She isn't the most pleasing on the eye now, is she?

She also has well publicised views that are openly in support of Irish Republicanism and has never hidden her contempt of Rangers or their fans. Indeed, this is the woman who described all Rangers fans as "The Klan"

Old Roy also fails completely to miss the important point about BBC Scotland (aka Pacific Quay CSC) bringing a known Rangers hater onto a show where our fans representative was told beforehand he would be conducting an interview, not a debate.

He also fails to address the issue that Ms Hag(gerty) has no qualifications whatsoever tha

happytim
15-07-2014, 06:54 PM
just as well weve got you then superally.

BertrandRussell
15-07-2014, 07:01 PM
He also fails to address the issue that Ms Hag(gerty) has no qualifications whatsoever that entitle her to pass any comments on matters of taxation or law.

She's a Tim. That's all the qualifications necessary for the morons on here.

manofsteel
15-07-2014, 07:07 PM
You're no' very good at it.

No? So why are you reverting to the same tired old cliche?
Yer a piece of pish.

manofsteel
15-07-2014, 07:08 PM
He also fails to address the issue that Ms Hag(gerty) has no qualifications whatsoever that entitle her to pass any comments on matters of taxation or law.

She's a Tim. That's all the qualifications necessary for the morons on here.[/quote]

She's female, thats enough for the hvn slime to abuse her.

Footnote
15-07-2014, 07:40 PM
The sad fact for fans of the rangers team(1872-2012) was if it wasn't for their discrimination of catholic players in Scotland they would proably have won if not at least challenged for the European cup in the 60's and 70's.

leeds utd were the main benifactors of the rangers policy of discrimination,really good players like billy bremner,joe Jordan,eddie and frank gray were not welcome within ibrox,thankfully jim denny and gregor stevens were.

David murray knew he had to change the system at rangers,but it came way to late and he spent a large fortune on winning the Scottish league but failed miserably in Europe,trying to eclipse the celtic team of 1967 was the death of rangers.

I thought the BBC documentary revealed that he spent a bank's money and not his own?

Is that correct? One of "our" national banks funded Rangers' boring domination of Scottish football which called almost all competition?

maryscanary
15-07-2014, 07:57 PM
Why was a known BIGOT, related to BIGOTS, and who endorsed the work of a known BIGOT invited onto a programme, broadcast by the NATIONAL broadcaster the BRITISH Broadcasting Corporation to participate in such a programme??

Is she legally qualified??

Is she trained in accountancy and able to dispute the rulings of Law Lords??

Is she 'eye candy'??

THE ANSWER TO ALL THREE QUESTIONS RAISED IS, NO ON ALL COUNTS!!

WHY WAS THIS WRETCH ANYWHERE NEAR THE STUDIO??

maryscanary
15-07-2014, 08:34 PM
Thankfully celtic never were stupid enough to play only catholics to appease their fans,the rangers board did listen to their fans though and hence good catholic players were denied the chance of playing for rangers.
Aberdeen also realized what a mistake rangers were making,jimmy smith and Arthur graham were just 2 players that played for the dons,jimmy smith was an excellent player.

LIAR!!!!!

Rangers had RCs signed and playing for them before your manky outfit was founded. Lafferty to but one.

A silly wee man in a frock, with a strange concept of Christianity thought it was bad enough that Kafflics and Proddys ate and worked together; imagine them playing together?? things weren't working as the wee fella had planned, so he set up a Kafflic only football team but soon ran out of Kafflics (who represented a tiny minority of the population). So he recruited some 'businessmen' (yup, Easedales are the m

manofsteel
15-07-2014, 08:39 PM
Wee mary about to have an aneurism, calm doon scary, yees are sectarian bigots, every last one of you dhubs, sing it loud and sing it proud and stop trying to deny yer heritage. XD

super_ally_rfc
15-07-2014, 08:52 PM
just as well weve got you then superally.

i keep my ugly fecking mug off the tv reve and restrict my pysh to like minded fuds like yourself on messageboards, i dont kid on im a journo after a two year college course and spout my pysh on the tv, her and silly phil are bloggers not journos, as no paper would employ them

super_ally_rfc
15-07-2014, 08:53 PM

She's a Tim. That's all the qualifications necessary for the morons on here.[/quote]

She's female, thats enough for the hvn slime to abuse her.[/quote]

you own fans have also abused her numerous times on timmy messageboards for being a woman

super_ally_rfc
15-07-2014, 08:55 PM
from the huddleboard about haggerty

"Why is it against the law to call her a ****? She is. Screenshot this for your next blog if you want you horrible ****" - view external link (http://www.talkceltic.net/forum/showthread.php?t=139868&page=7)

bluek
15-07-2014, 09:12 PM
The hatred and obsession some have for Rangers FC knows no bounds. They will never stop.