PDA

View Full Version : Speaking to God

bongosdad
16-07-2014, 11:05 PM
I think meditation helps. I'm not any specific religion but believe in God. At school when we prayed in assembly we closed our eyes and sort of meditated. I was watching a Muslim colleague pray and he looked almost in a hypnotic trance. He always says he feels better after and more positive and calm. Buddhists meditate too and talk to people. I had hypnotherapy to rid me of a few issues and it worked. I think spirituality is the way forward regardless of religion. Rid yourself of your ego and the world becomes better for everyone and your life will improve.
So how do you talk to God? Some people have had religious experiences by taking magic mushrooms or if your into Shamanism through mixing two plants and have a psychedelic experience and communicates with the other side.

bongosdad
17-07-2014, 12:23 AM
Wrong board sorry.

Also I'm interested if you had a psychedelic experiences. I'm sure BB had one and im interested to listen to your experiences. It's apparently very humbling.

yubbywelch
17-07-2014, 08:11 AM
God please keep loving Bingo, for he knows not what he does.

W R O N G B O A R D

I speak to God anywhere up to 3 hours a day.

bongosdad
17-07-2014, 10:09 AM
3 hours!

ozfan
17-07-2014, 10:48 AM
So not Paul McGrath then.

ozfan
17-07-2014, 10:50 AM

However does he find the time.?

dazzyo-villa
18-07-2014, 07:32 AM
Bongo I don't understand how someone can keep posting threads on the wrong board >:(

As for speaking to God? I don't as I don't believe in him to be honest.

Each to there own though.

yubbywelch
18-07-2014, 09:31 AM
Driving some days 10hrs.

so 3hrs pretty easy.

stateside
18-07-2014, 04:00 PM

However does he find the time.?[/quote]

Who? God or Yubby

westcountryvillain
18-07-2014, 09:41 PM
In all seriousness Bongo I agree with you, taking time out to calm oneself and pause for thought can really create a feeling of spiritual wellbeing.

Religious or even just plain coping strategies, I'm not an advocate of mind-bending substances though but each to their own.

ozfan
19-07-2014, 04:36 AM

However does he find the time.?[/quote]

Who? God or Yubby[/quote]

God.

Millions praying at the same time it must be tough to focus. I wonder if there is a priority line for all the 'god please help me' requests.