PDA

View Full Version : MH17!

ozfan
18-07-2014, 11:12 AM
This has been an intelligence failure of monumental proportions or something much worse. Veiled threats by rebel commanders to shoot down planes over rebel Russian air space. Failure to acknowledge military intelligence that the "Buk" or NATO designated SA-17 missle system can climb to a height of 25km was being used for the last few weeks in the rebel area. Failure to consider the recklessness in how it was already being used.Failure of the Europeans to issue a no fly zone over the area.

Igor Strelkov the self appointed defense minister for the separatist a Lugansk People Republic already posted on a Russian Social site ""We have warned them -- not to fly in 'our sky.'"

I'm just shocked that commercial airlines were still flying across a country which for all intensive purposes is at war with Russia. Of coarse no one will call it a war as that declaration will put the players in an awkward position.

Another Malaysian airline taken out?

I don't like the way this is taking shape

yubbywelch
19-07-2014, 05:39 AM
Gobsmacking.

Don't know what to say.

I have wondered, if it is just a coincidence or is there something behind the scenes going on against this airline.

MissWinnie
19-07-2014, 09:22 AM
I'm just shocked that commercial airlines were still flying across a country which for all intensive purposes is at war with Russia. Of coarse no one will call it a war as that declaration will put the players in an awkward position.

Another Malaysian airline taken out?

I don't like the way this is taking shape.

I still need to catch up on the details of this, but my first thoughts were, as Oz says, what on earth was a commercial airliner doing risking flying over there, especially one that I would have expected to have safety in triplicate etched in the forefront of their minds, after only having recently lost another plane full of passengers.

Maybe just a tragic coincidence of course, but, given that there still seems to be no real progress made in locating wreckage of first Malaysian plane, then this latest event certainly seems to be raising more questions than answers ...

ozfan
19-07-2014, 09:32 AM
I surely don't know mate. One vanishes and the other blown from the sky. If there was a deliberate targeting of this aircraft then pre-flight info must of been passed. Maybe a favour called in but certainly not the main event at play I feel.

Three hundred families devastated and for what?

Did you know there are 46 armed conflicts currently underway on the planet? Worth billions that sort of business. And like all business you need to grow your market.

yubbywelch
19-07-2014, 09:36 PM
So many different cultures.
So many different views.
So many different traditions.
So many different drugs.

As soon as hate, bitterness, anger gets involved the weapons available these days (even in our own back yards) the devastation caused is massive, and it's only going to get worse.

yubbywelch
19-07-2014, 09:36 PM
No wonder I talk to God so much.

bongosdad
19-07-2014, 11:38 PM
I will join you Yubby. Technology wise were quite advanced but spiritually were not.

NuclearDevice
20-07-2014, 06:46 AM
Absolute tragedy.

I've been really worried about the way the Russia/Ukraine situation has been developing over the last 6 months and this act of terror is unfortunately a logical extension. The issue now is, where does this take the World ?.

With 298 people murdered, from all parts of the globe, and with plenty of obstruction taking place by the Russian rebels, with no current clear end in sight for investigators to start to uncover what happened, this has diplomatic nightmare written all over it.

With Putin puffing out his chest like a spoilt arrogant little boy, because the West is still frightened of what the powerful "dictator" can do with his arsenal of weapons, I can see the temperature ratcheting up over this.

Putin needs to be put back in his box. What that may involve I have no idea, but perhaps it's time the European and US pulled out of supporting Russia in any commercial transactions and perhaps even expel all Russian citizens from our countries (and yes, that would in

Arran007
23-07-2014, 01:27 AM
For all the bluster of Obama & Cameron does anything think they seriously going to rattle Putin's cage ?

He has a nice arsenal of nuclear weapons that he can unleash if he gets too pi$$ed off :s

ozfan
24-07-2014, 09:18 AM
Putin wouldn't be getting away so lightly if Europe wasn't suckling on Russian energy. Pathetic really.

MissWinnie
24-07-2014, 03:19 PM
As despicable as Putin's role in this tragedy is, I do slightly bristle at the holier than thou "outraged" posturing of other world leaders.

Governments have always got their hands dirty in funding/supplying weapons for dubious and sometimes horrific acts of violence involving innocent civilians, where financial self interest is at stake. Unfortunately, money, not morality, is always the biggest driver, dictating actions and responses.

Pretty despicable behaviour all round, from the act itself, the aftermath, and even its reporting. Sky journalist rooting through a victim's case live on air. Did he even stop to think about the family?

Edit- Oh and I read that it would have cost just £36 per victim for the airline to have taken the detour that they should have made in the first place. :blue:

ozfan
24-07-2014, 08:57 PM
Winnie you hit the nail on the head more than once here.

The airline made a saving of $1500 by flying across a war zone. They have to take some responsibility for the outcome.

War takes money and there are always companies willing to supply arms for profit and general shareholder profit. It's a dirty filthy business. Those profiting from war(including shareholders) will still read bedtime stories to their children and kiss them good night while other children are murdered. Sickening.

OZHAMMER
29-07-2014, 11:14 AM
an australian woman who lost her brother and sister-in-law in the mh370 flight has also lost her step-daughter, and her step-daughter's husband, in the mh17 tragedy. - view external link (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/malaysia-airlines-family-who-lost-two-members-on-flight-mh370-have-lost-two-more-on)