PDA

View Full Version : Posties...

Godflesh
19-07-2014, 11:04 AM
Great guys. Hardworking, trustworthy, never complain, wouldn't dream of ripping off money out of a birthday card. ;-)

But

If I get a "something for you" card put through my door - back dated to yesterday, does that mean...

1. A genuine effort was made to deliver my parcel but the postie forgot his "something for you" cards that day. Or...

2. The delivery office had no intention of delivering my parcel (due to the unrealistic expectations put upon them by a clueless management) and would rather pass the burden onto me - the intended recipient - by leaving the parcel in the delivery office and sticking a card through my letterbox the next day resulting in me not being able to get my parcel until the following week? Willfull delay of mail and all that...

:-)

theoldman
19-07-2014, 12:32 PM
Great guys. Hardworking, trustworthy, never complain, wouldn't dream of ripping off money out of a birthday card. ;-)

But

If I get a "something for you" card put through my door - back dated to yesterday, does that mean...

1. A genuine effort was made to deliver my parcel but the postie forgot his "something for you" cards that day. Or...

2. The delivery office had no intention of delivering my parcel (due to the unrealistic expectations put upon them by a clueless management) and would rather pass the burden onto me - the intended recipient - by leaving the parcel in the delivery office and sticking a card through my letterbox the next day resulting in me not being able to get my parcel until the following week? Willfull delay of mail and all that...

Unfortunately posties are like any other employees you will get good one's and you will get not so good one's and have attitude.
Bit confused wi yer wee rant but it sound

OFFLEYHIBEE
19-07-2014, 01:12 PM
Sorry

I thought this was a football thread and you had identified a couple of Posties Hibs could sign to go with the less than inspiring intake so far

I,ll refrain from mentioning the butcher but we could certainly do with a good baker again

theoldman
19-07-2014, 01:19 PM
Sorry

I thought this was a football thread and you had identified a couple of Posties Hibs could sign to go with the less than inspiring intake so far

I,ll refrain from mentioning the butcher but we could certainly do with a good baker again

Spot on Offley lol if only how much would Baker be worth now. Sometimes good to highlight other things of importance as our signing rate at the moment resembles our scoring rate at the tail end of last season.

HIBERNIAN_MAD_ADMIN
26-07-2014, 10:03 PM
Could be any of the above tbh honest gods.

I do know they were talking about a new service, were the sender could pay slightly less, for it NOT to be delivered, and a note being delivered through your door, and the parcel going straight on the collection shelves for YOU to pick up...

Another could be, When I was a driver, if we ran out of cards, you would have to fill it out when you got back, but the postie had obviously already went out on delivery, so you would put it in the slot for the next day (wasn't really allowed but you could get away with it).

Also, your postie could just be a lazy jambo barsteward...

There could also just be that the guy DID deliver on that date, and you just noticed the card, but thought you would blame the postie anyway...>;)

Godflesh
27-07-2014, 09:13 AM
There could also just be that the guy DID deliver on that date, and you just noticed the card, but thought you would blame the postie anyway...>;)

I was in when it came through the door. I was gonna ask him about it but Im not sure hed have appreciated having a chat while Im standing their in my undies.

theoldman
27-07-2014, 10:48 AM

I was in when it came through the door. I was gonna ask him about it but Im not sure hed have appreciated having a chat while Im standing their in my undies.

:-)[/quote]

In yer undies Jeeezo not a sight to look forward to in the morning >:)