PDA

View Full Version : Rangers fan groups..

imtheboy
19-07-2014, 07:47 PM
Theres loads of them now, especially since 2012 but one thing has never changed. That is, they dont speak for me.

I cant be doing with their oneupmanship, snobbery and slightly sneering attitude. Also, theres plenty of older Bears who dont go online etc so how do these groups presume to speak for them?

I cringe most of the time I see or hear them on the telly and radio to be honest.

BertrandRussell
19-07-2014, 09:28 PM
I went on the march today and spoke to the boy afterwards. Real Rangers men and I feel proud to be part of it.

neilo
19-07-2014, 09:44 PM
I went on the march today and spoke to the boy afterwards. Real Rangers men and I feel proud to be part of it.#

"the boy" :? :? :?

You talking to Craig Houston??

GMessi
19-07-2014, 09:45 PM
Was this guy there?

http://i62.tinypic.com/168brzq.jpg

judgedu
19-07-2014, 09:52 PM
It's the they don't speak for me mob that get get on my tits.

Sit silently on the sidelines sniping at anyone who dares speak out trying to do the right thing on behalf of the supporters.

But aren't prepared to get off their @rses and get involved, sit and slag any other Gers fan who tries to do the decent thing.

RedStarTorphins
19-07-2014, 09:54 PM
I went on the march today and spoke to the boy afterwards. Real Rangers men and I feel proud to be part of it.

XD
That last sentence is the biggest pile of cliched drivel I've ever heard. XD

BertrandRussell
20-07-2014, 08:52 AM
I went on the march today and spoke to the boy afterwards. Real Rangers men and I feel proud to be part of it.#

"the boy" :? :? :?

You talking to Craig Houston??[/quote]

Aye.

Luma_Lamp_Loyal
20-07-2014, 09:19 AM
I cringe when I read the OP 's posts, highly embarrassing.

BertrandRussell
20-07-2014, 09:20 AM
Having read a lot of Houston's posts and spoken to him, I don't think snobbery or oneupmanship comes into it.

The guy just cares about the club.

Lisbon_Lions_CSC
20-07-2014, 12:22 PM
Having read a lot of Houston's posts and spoken to him, I don't think snobbery or oneupmanship comes into it.

The guy just cares about the club.

Just a pity for him personally he has the intellectual capacity of a bag of skittles. Wee Angela Haggerty embarrassed the fecker on Newsnight the other week and he went greetin on FollowFacism that he was hoodwinked intae thinking he was gonnae be allowed tae spout the party line unchallenged.

BertrandRussell
20-07-2014, 12:23 PM
She knew about the interview. He didn't.

bbc Scotland keeping up appearances, as usual.

Lisbon_Lions_CSC
20-07-2014, 12:32 PM
She knew about the interview. He didn't.

bbc Scotland keeping up appearances, as usual.

Was he kidnapped off the street, blindfolded and suddenly found himself in a BBC studio with no idea why he was there ? The guy had all the usual party line guff ready tae be read out and he was caught out. He was well out of his depth, by someone who actually knew about the subject of Rangers death and who could provide a proper argument backing their view. He should stick tae selling Sons of Struth t-shirts with Sandy Chugg in the Grapes Bar.

BertrandRussell
20-07-2014, 12:33 PM
I meant he didn't know she was going to be on.

Lisbon_Lions_CSC
20-07-2014, 12:35 PM
I meant he didn't know she was going to be on.

Shouldnae have mattered, the subject matter he was dealing with should have been enough tae see him through, maybe the fact he was lying through his yella teeth about Sevco being Rangers, caught him out.

BertrandRussell
20-07-2014, 12:36 PM
Same fans, same stadium, same strip, same club.

Deal with it.

:)

Lisbon_Lions_CSC
20-07-2014, 12:45 PM
Same fans, same stadium, same strip, same club.

Deal with it.

:)

Different strip, different club, 2 out of 4 aint bad. I refer ye tae my "Rangers were demoted" thread, tae why its impossible for Rangers (1872-2012) tae be Sevco.

imtheboy
21-07-2014, 08:19 AM

Jings thats bad, does it happen much to you in public?

Anyway, Ive done my financial bit for Rangers (as much as I could afford anyway) so I'll no lose sleep about the internet generation making out I'm in any way inferior to them, thanks.

My question still stands; what gives a group the right to think that they speak for a whole swathe of the support who dont read fanzines and dont go online?

AguyIknow
21-07-2014, 10:07 AM
I think I can empathise with both sides here. Yes there are self-important @rseholes who'd rather be a bigger fish in a smaller pond than stay the course with a smaller number of bigger groups.

But there are also well intentioned blokes who get frustrated at what they percieve to be the inaction or very slow pace of those on committees

This Houston guy mightn't be the sharpest but he seems to have the best intentions for Sevco.

RP_McMurphy
21-07-2014, 12:34 PM

Jings thats bad, does it happen much to you in public?

Anyway, Ive done my financial bit for Rangers (as much as I could afford anyway) so I'll no lose sleep about the internet generation making out I'm in any way inferior to them, thanks.

My question still stands; what gives a group the right to think that they speak for a whole swathe of the support who dont read fanzines and dont go online?[/quote]

Surely it's up to those people to get involved if they want their voices heard? If you're happy turning up to watch the game every week then that's fine although there's a risk you might not have a team to watch the way things are going...