PDA

View Full Version : Ivan Strinic

dagenhamJohn
21-07-2014, 04:09 PM
is having a medical after agreeing personal terms apparently,
didn't know our signings had medicals to be honest :D

West Ham boss Sam Allardyce is looking to continue his summer spending with the signing of Croatian international defender Ivan Strinic from Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk, according to reports from Croatia.

Strinic will be the Hammers’ sixth summer signing, alongside Mauro Zarate, Cheikhou Kouyate, Aaron Cresswell, Diego Poyet and Enner Valencia (pending a successful work permit hearing), and will compete with Aaron Cresswell for the left-back spot in the starting line up.

The online edition of Croatian newspaper Vecernji List are claiming that the 27-year-old defender expected in London to undergo a medical with West Ham, having already agreed personal terms, with the £4m signing to be announced in the next 48 hours.

Capped 32 times by his national side, Strinic brings experience on both the European and International stage with Dnipro and Croatia respectively, which will n

dagenhamJohn
21-07-2014, 04:30 PM
if true it'd see Potts move further down the LB pecking order
strange that he only got a 1 year contract imo.

rednekst
21-07-2014, 07:22 PM
Not sure what this signing, if true, says to Cresswell ?

Still if it improves the playing staff them bring it on.

60yearson
22-07-2014, 03:21 AM
If Stimic comes we won't see Cresswell or can either of these play on the right.
I like Demel going forward but defending I reckon he is a calamity waiting to happen.

Westham67
22-07-2014, 06:05 AM
Strinic is a great buy for us can cover LB,LM LWM positions very good player.

palerider
22-07-2014, 06:14 AM
Cresswell will be our regular left-back for seasons to come.

If we sign this bloke it seems to me that either Jarvis or Downing will be on their way.

GARNETT
22-07-2014, 07:16 AM
Strinic is a great buy for us can cover LB,LM LWM positions very good player.

Careful now skippy, you should know signing experienced internationals is frowned upon.

FLAIRON
22-07-2014, 08:00 AM
Did he not miss the World Cup with a ruptured hamstring?

Looks like he will be our starting left back tbh.

dagenhamJohn
22-07-2014, 06:00 PM
Did he not miss the World Cup with a ruptured hamstring?

Looks like he will be our starting left back tbh.possibly, with Cresswell pushing for selection, how refreshing to have options :)

if true.

Hammerman69
22-07-2014, 06:12 PM
if true it'd see Potts move further down the LB pecking order
strange that he only got a 1 year contract imo.

It says to him that he needs to fight to win his place as it does to Strinic. A very good idea IMO.

FLAIRON
01-08-2014, 12:32 AM
What happened to this deal? I thought terms had been agreed and he was flying in for a medical. It all seems to have gone rather qiuet on the Croat front.

FLAIRON
01-08-2014, 12:35 AM
As recently as July 22nd he was all set to sign for us according to the press, and then nothing, total silence.

It is all very strange and I do not believe I have seen the like before.

Taki
01-08-2014, 03:27 AM
I think the plug got pulled around the time of AC's injury. Makes sense as we have Potts as cover and the money would be better spent on a forward.

Whiskyman
01-08-2014, 08:14 PM
Jenkinson's played RB & LB for Arsenal so I'd guess with his arrival this one's dead in the water.