PDA

View Full Version : Burke and Zigzag part two.

spionkop
24-07-2014, 05:40 AM
After the recent tragedy that neither player has found new clubs the investigation continues with the worrying news that under outdated league regulations these poor unemployed and poverty stricken individuals have to be paid by Blues until the end of August.
Inspector Gazump of the Tipton special forces is urgently investigating this worrying situation and the posters of STB are anxiously awaiting a comment.
Meanwhile there is news that Bass man, BS62 and the General have contributed to a hardship fund for these poor penniless souls.
Rg

BrisBlue
24-07-2014, 08:37 AM
Thank heaven these highly regarded Blues supporters and posters have got together and prevented those poor underpaid Blues stars from having to stand in the soup line.

Thats the true meaning of Support.KRO:D

aKROKiwi
26-07-2014, 08:29 AM
Honestly Spion anyone would thing that these blokes had knocked up your wife and sister. The money was far better spent on them than Tony Hateley or excretaheadjimsmith and his "key" signings who never looked like they were properly fit, and who won us 5/16 on one third of bugger all, unlike Mr Zigic. Or Aleksandr Hleb for example.

But as 1875heathen says, opinions...

bolt
26-07-2014, 09:11 AM
Could just be there managers telling them to hang on to extract the max out of blues ;D I am pretty sure that Burke is all ready sold although not actioned at this point in time and wont be until the gravy train runs dry as for Zag he could be a blues player this coming season if nobody comes in for him ,I read his family are happy in Brum

nose73
27-07-2014, 12:44 AM
imo burke isnt the player he was (maybe has issues with clarke ?), but zigic always puts a shift in and gives us a different option although his unorthodox. but like someone has said interested clubs will wait and pay as little as poss if anything..

BertieBlueKnob
29-07-2014, 11:38 AM
Do I detect just the slightest bit of pizz-taking going on here, you old knacker?

Ferrari's don't maintain themselves, you know.

bassman
01-08-2014, 10:48 AM
:-) poor spion he's like a dog with a bone ;-) the only blues fan i know that would rather have had a zigic less blues , say goodbye to the carling cup,say goodbye to survival last season ...it was zigic's first goal and his header deflected to caddis , mr marmite zigic, love him or hate him he was always good value on or off the field .
i really liked Zigic and i dont think we ever played to his strengths , but i am excited at the pace we seem to have up front now with donaldson and thomas, not to forget green to come back soon , as always its plenty of fun supporting the blues

spionkop
01-08-2014, 11:22 AM
We said goodbye to the Prem because he couldn't score enough goals. I know from first hand knowledge because I was at Molineuax test season with a Wolves season ticket holder in their stand and they were laughing at his stumbling performance. When he got injured they were worried that he would have to go off and were pleading for him to stay on the field. All highly embarrassing.
We lost 1-0 and it was the start of out decline that season. Talking of marmite he plods along as though his boots were stuck in it. Utter rubbish and we are well rid of the lazy lugger. Give me Jimmy Harris, Ken Leek, Barry Bridges, Fred Pickering, Bob a Latchford and Christophe Dugarry - proper class centre forwards who SCORED GOALS!
Rg
P. S. Seventy tomorrow and still felling trees and blaggards. Who dur meddle wi me as Oor Willie used to say.

aKROKiwi
02-08-2014, 07:43 AM
Spion sometimes I think Ziggy must have knocked up your sister or something - we said goodbye to the premiership because WE not he couldn't score enough goals. I don't believe anyone got a lot that year - the previous season's top scorer Cameron Jerome didn't get a run in the side, Benitez although he also did not score a lot although like Zigic he was a damm good nuisance was inexplicably let go and Phillips equally as inexplicably retained - when he played at the end of the season when Zigic and Martins were out he looked like he was running in treacle; he was so slow; although still better than Derbyshire. Without McFadden - who was known beforehand to be injury prone - we lacked creativity and if you wanted to talk about a dinkum waste of money then consider Aleksandr Hleb. Bassman is right when we played to his strengths Zigic was a genuine asset and there would have been no trophy without him. I don't recall Fred Pickering or Barry Bridges winning a great deal for us - or the

spionkop
04-08-2014, 02:18 PM
KK thanks for the wishes.
Regarding the 'Z' word, although I am in a minority on here the spotty face posters on SHA have terrific rows about his worth, with a vociferous minority venting their spleens over him. So much so that the threads go on for pages and at least one former poster on here got banned over the subject.
Still not signed for anyone yet, although Aussie football sounds about his level. I think Clark's rant last year about his not putting the effort in during training has probably spiked his future.
Rg

bassman
05-08-2014, 04:42 PM
happy oldun birthday spion ...maybe not in that order , good to hear you are still fit and about to take up a new career as a lumberjack ;-)

bluesince62
11-08-2014, 09:47 AM
I'm about to start a fund on SHA for a statue of the Blues legend that is Zigic.

Anyone care to contribute on here? :D

KRO

spionkop
11-08-2014, 10:28 AM
Mrs Z I on a plinth would do fine. Mr Z can be the plinth.
Rg