PDA

View Full Version : I have been made the new Moderator

Romanis
27-07-2014, 11:34 PM
FM has decided to let me Mod this forum.

I hope that your cooperation and support will be forthcoming.

Everyone starts afresh, all that happened in the past ends as of now.

I don't know how many times a week I'll be here to Mod stuff, but I hope not to leave it unmoderated for lengthy spells.

As mentioned before, no vendettas, but challenges to authority and taking matters in threads too personally will be addressed.
Obviously the same goes for me and I'll have to end the Gramps Ono/Basie matters.

But for Tricky, I am STILL your father! ;D ;D

Btw: The previous threads were removed by the Site Admin and I dunno if EP was banned by him. I have yet to issue any cards and I hope I won't have to frequently.
This thread will be moved to AOB in a few days after everyone that wants to read it, has read it.

salopred
28-07-2014, 06:02 AM
Congratulations!

dazzared60
28-07-2014, 06:51 AM
Nice one! Congratulations! :star:

Trickytreesreds
28-07-2014, 07:00 AM
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Fix.

Strike, strike,strike,strike!!!

I think you overestimate your importance in here.

Ooooops , hang on . that's been used.

salopred
28-07-2014, 07:09 AM

Fix.

Maybe there is still scope for more new mods on here?

matreddog
28-07-2014, 07:30 AM
Congrats... Best man for the job

Trickytreesreds
28-07-2014, 07:48 AM
Just remember you old ****, you're not as young as you used to be and put some bleeding clothes on. - view external link (www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ5LpwO-An4&list=RD-dJolYw8tnk&index=2)

The_Prophet
28-07-2014, 07:50 AM
Congrats Romanis, I look forward to some impartial and reasoned moderation.

I have to express my surprise that Tricky didn't get it though, I mean, he nominated himself and started lots of threads about it, I thought he was a shoe in.

Trickytreesreds
28-07-2014, 08:13 AM
Congrats Romanis, I look forward to some impartial and reasoned moderation.

I have to express my surprise that Tricky didn't get it though, I mean, he nominated himself and started lots of threads about it, I thought he was a shoe in.

Actually, I didn't nominate myself. Salop did.
I said I would do it if asked.

Anyway, it's a nice result. Editor, swept away the trash.
Romans is in place, so we have a mod here more frequently. I'm still free to cause my mischief on the other forums. XD

(Mods Note: I hope you don't go waging a war elsewhere and bring others here, giving me more work than necessary! :( :( )

Elite_Pie
28-07-2014, 09:25 AM
Btw: The previous threads were removed by the Site Admin and I dunno if EP was banned by him.

Why would I have been banned? I didn't do anything wrong.

It's probably right that those two threads have been removed, they should never have been started in the first place. A better idea however would have been to lock them and move them to the AOB board. Among all the bickering there was some sound advice from some decent posters. It remains to be seen who will and who won't take heed of it.

essexred52
28-07-2014, 10:33 AM
Grats Romanis, as long as we all don't automatically turn into your family members then all well and good :D

good luck with it mate.
Es***red

Romanis
28-07-2014, 11:17 AM
Grats Romanis, as long as we all don't automatically turn into your family members then all well and good :D

good luck with it mate.
Es***red

Fair enough, you needn't call me dad, uncle etc.

Just Sir will do! XD

tricky1972
28-07-2014, 12:03 PM

I don't know how many times a week I'll be here to Mod stuff, but I hope not to leave it unmoderated for lengthy spells.

As mentioned before, no vendettas, but challenges to authority and taking matters in threads too personally will be addressed.
Obviously the same goes for me and I'll have to end the Gramps Ono/Basie matters.

Btw: The previous threads were removed by the Site Admin and I dunno if EP was banned by him. I have yet to issue any cards and I hope I won't have to frequently.
This thread will be moved to AOB in a few days after everyone that wants to read it, has read it.

Does this mean that Basie can come back?

How about some of the Rammies??

essexred52
28-07-2014, 12:09 PM

How about some of the Rammies??[/quote

Trickytreesreds
28-07-2014, 12:25 PM

good luck with it mate.
Es***red

Don't worry Es***. You will always be the ******* son, XD XD XD XD

Romanis
28-07-2014, 12:26 PM

How about some of the Rammies??[/quote

Trickytreesreds
28-07-2014, 12:27 PM

Does this mean that Basie can co

Romanis
28-07-2014, 12:32 PM

Fix.

Maybe there is still scope for more new mods on here?[/quote]

That's something I hope myself and the other Mods can discuss. I will relook this issue again say in the new year (if I am still a Mod)

But 1 criteria listed by the Admin is being a regular user. So anyone interested must be a more frequent user of this forum.

Trickytreesreds
28-07-2014, 12:47 PM

Fix.

That's something I hope myself and the other Mods can discuss. I will relook this issue again say in the new year (if I am still a Mod)

But 1 criteria listed by the Admin is being a regular user. So anyone interested must be a more frequent user of this forum.[/quote]

Can't be that big a criteria, seeing as I have double your post count, in 2 years less time, ;D

Cue the abuse. XD XD XD

Romanis
28-07-2014, 02:20 PM

Fix.

But 1 criteria listed by the Admin is being a regular user. So anyone interested must be a more frequent user of this forum.[/quote]

Can't be that big a criteria, seeing as I have double your post count, in 2 years less time, ;D

Cue the abuse. XD XD XD[/quote]

It's 1 of the criteria, not the only 1.

Anyway don't get too excited my boy about your numerical advantages.
You forget my 1 thread match day wonders, and there's

Trickytreesreds
28-07-2014, 02:27 PM

Fix.

Cue the abuse. XD XD XD[/quote]

It's 1 of the criteria, not the only 1.

Anyway don't get too excited my boy about your numerical advantages.
You forge

Romanis
28-07-2014, 02:39 PM
Very true Romans, they are legendary lol.

Anyway. Basie has asked if he can come back.
I have said he could for me, but everyone else needs to voice their opinions. Also, SBC banned him, so etiquette alone would depend on him agreeing.

Leave it with you mate.

He can return for the moment as either Redngreen or Redono.

As for his Basie account, SBC needs to be asked first unless he doesn't appear in a month or 2, then I may consider it.

I am surprised he asked you given his animosity towards you.

Btw I have lifted southernram's ban. He should be able to post here.

Elite_Pie
28-07-2014, 03:03 PM
Basie isn't that bad really. His two big faults were his multiple identities (why would anyone need more than one?) and his power crazed stint as a mod. He's a long standing Forest supporter with memories of both Nottingham clubs that go back many decades. A lot of his political and moral views are interesting, though I doubt he'd get much response on your AOB board. The board will be better with him than without him if he is given a chance, and he sticks to the rules.

Trickytreesreds
28-07-2014, 03:13 PM
Very true Romans, they are legendary lol.

Anyway. Basie has asked if he can come back.
I have said he could for me, but everyone else needs to voice their opinions. Also, SBC banned him, so etiquette alone would depend on him agreeing.

Leave it with you mate.

He can return for the moment as either Redngreen or Redono.

As for his Basie account, SBC needs to be asked first unless he doesn't appear in a month or 2, then I may consider it.

I am surprised he asked you given his animosity towards you.

Btw I have lifted southernram's ban. He should be able to post here.[/quote]

Actually that seems fair. The Basie account was the MOD account so with his aliases, it probably seems fair why that was banned. As stated, it was a clean slate and he already has other accounts. He needs to pick one and stick with it.
Do it again and "chopped"

So Basil, make it known which account you a

southernram22
28-07-2014, 04:36 PM
very kind romanis and thanks tricky for help I to be honest never knew who I upset in first place but that's in past . I will also try and live with basies posts.

Romanis
28-07-2014, 04:43 PM
very kind romanis and thanks tricky for help I to be honest never knew who I upset in first place but that's in past . I will also try and live with basies posts.

No worries.

If you or others can provide a list of banned users who were summarily banned and the thread, I'd be happy to reinstate posting rights.

Obviously you guys mustn't take things too far, but I'll try not to ban users for too long, only those whose only aim is to stir spite and repeatedly target Forest fans here.

In their own board, you gotta accept Forest fans will be accorded more leeway.

Anyway welcome back as I bid you all a good night.

Trickytreesreds
28-07-2014, 05:42 PM
Welcome back Southern, glad to have you here again.

http://i62.tinypic.com/nvxoi9.gif lol

essexred52
28-07-2014, 06:36 PM
very kind romanis and thanks tricky for help I to be honest never knew who I upset in first place but that's in past . I will also try and live with basies posts. i didn't know that you was banned on here southernram, but welcome back mate, have a word for me mate to get my ban lifted please, i'd love to see their faces if i popped up on their screens :D :)

Trickytreesreds
28-07-2014, 06:50 PM
very kind romanis and thanks tricky for help I to be honest never knew who I upset in first place but that's in past . I will also try and live with basies posts. i didn't know that you was banned on here southernram, but welcome back mate, have a word for me mate to get my ban lifted please, i'd love to see their faces if i popped up on their screens :D :)[/quote]Hope you get some joy Es***, but don't hold your breath.
DCM have 3 was 4 regular MODS, who in the main bat from the same crease. They do talk among themselves a lot about cards etc though.
They do occasionally reinstate, but it's rare. Depends on what you've done I suppose.

essexred52
28-07-2014, 07:02 PM
very kind romanis and thanks tricky for help I to be honest never knew who I upset in first place but that's in past . I will also try and live with basies posts. i didn't know that you was banned on here southernram, but welcome back mate, have a word for me mate to get my ban lifted please, i'd love to see their faces if i popped up on their screens :D :)[/quote]Hope you get some joy Es***, but don't hold your breath.
DCM have 3 was 4 regular MODS, who in the main bat from the same crease. They do talk among themselves a lot about cards etc though.
They do occasionally reinstate, but it's rare. Depends on what you've done I suppose.[/quote] just avoided the swear filter nothing major as i recall, they love me on there, if i started a thread again there it will cause a stir lolz,

AngryRam
28-07-2014, 09:19 PM
Big mistake, he's not even English, he's Italian and wears a toga. >;)
When it gets messy he will change sides. ;D
Good luck fella, you reds are weird.
>:(

Trickytreesreds
28-07-2014, 09:52 PM
Big mistake, he's not even English, he's Italian and wears a toga. >;)
When it gets messy he will change sides. ;D
Good luck fella, you reds are weird.
>:(

We're weird?

You **** sheep for god sake? >:(

XD XD XD XD

The_Controller
29-07-2014, 12:59 AM
Congrats Romanis, good choice for the job.

Romanis
29-07-2014, 03:34 AM
Congrats Romanis, good choice for the job.

Thanks. A list of reinstated users can be found on the AOB board.

southernram22
29-07-2014, 02:58 PM
there were a few of us basie went over top with . I think its ok now

southernram22
29-07-2014, 02:59 PM
any idea who banned you on ours try chris he is a very fair and good mod

Romanis
29-07-2014, 04:21 PM
What is the view of users here about nickyd63? He wasn't banned by Basie. I can't recall what he was like on here. Should he be reinstated? Views from some Forest fans should shed light on the matter

Trickytreesreds
29-07-2014, 04:32 PM
What is the view of users here about nickyd63? He wasn't banned by Basie. I can't recall what he was like on here. Should he be reinstated? Views from some Forest fans should shed light on the matter

For me, it's in the past Romans. Maybe we have to look at it as they've served their sentence?

It would need monitoring and made plain, abuse the site. You're off.
We've been nice, so you be nice.

chedozie
29-07-2014, 06:06 PM
New mod!! Never laughed so much in ages...there's only 3 of you lot who post on here and two of them are the same person!!!

Romanis
29-07-2014, 06:18 PM
New mod!! Never laughed so much in ages...there's only 3 of you lot who post on here and two of them are the same person!!!

So why don't you feck off back to your own board and leave the 3 of us to post what we like in our own board? I am sure they are waiting in excitement for your intelligent comments.

If you're shy, don't worry, the next time I'll assist by giving you a week to occupy yourself there.

chedozie
29-07-2014, 06:32 PM
I'd be a bit careful on how many people you ban...

Trickytreesreds
29-07-2014, 06:34 PM

Yep, that would be Notts "conspiracy theorists NFFC obsessed mad" you need to rush back to.

Also, the 3 of us would fill one of your stands, XD XD XD

Romanis
29-07-2014, 06:35 PM

Thanks. If and when I need your advice on such matters, I'll be sure to ask. ;)

Trickytreesreds
29-07-2014, 06:36 PM

Please elaborate :D

This could be good.

southernram22
29-07-2014, 08:28 PM
it was an obvious choice to bring back peace and harmony. lets hope I don't get banned again ,

Trickytreesreds
29-07-2014, 08:44 PM
it was an obvious choice to bring back peace and harmony. lets hope I don't get banned again ,

Yes Southern it was. Thank you.

But Romans has it now, just let it go eh?

XD XD

Romanis
29-07-2014, 08:45 PM

Even if that happens, I don't believe in permanent bans except where it's necessary to deter a persistent violator or disruptive figure, who's only reason for coming here is to find fault, mock, insult or disrupt.

If you beat us or we really struggle, that might lead to a tricky situation where constant goading may make the already sombre mood here even worse. So short bans to let things cool down may be needed.

But basically I've not seen Derby fans here coming to disrupt. Take the piss/mickey, banter, that's the usual thing and of course discuss footy.

Generally most Derby and Forest fans acknowledge the importance each club is to the other. By trying to outdo each other, it motivates us to become better.

Ramstein and Ramondo are 2 posters, whose comments, I've always enjoyed reading.

RedRyan71
29-07-2014, 10:27 PM
Yo ladyboy, im not basie

Romanis
29-07-2014, 11:17 PM
Yes you made it clear you were Gresley Red. Sorry for the insinuation.

essexred52
30-07-2014, 10:34 AM
Have to take my hat off to TTR and Romanis, this week or so on here has been very enjoyable and quite clearly the feel good factor is back :D ,

Drinks alround :)

TheKidfromRedBank
30-07-2014, 10:48 AM

I've got a feeling that it was Mist who banned him. No objections to him coming back, as you say no one should be for life the first time around or even the second.

TheKidfromRedBank
30-07-2014, 12:03 PM

Basie may have gone over the top but he did cut out the swearing on this board and other things I don't care to mention. Plus one prolific poster has gone back to normal mainstream posting after a few deletions of his previous topics. That surely is a good thing.

Romanis
30-07-2014, 07:18 PM

Basie may have gone over the top but he did cut out the swearing on this board and other things I don't care to mention. Plus one prolific poster has gone back to normal mainstream posting after a few deletions of his previous topics. That surely is a good thing.[/quote]

Just some friendly advise Basie. You talk of uneven playing fields, yes that's very true. Indeed the field is very uneven, you have been banned twice by 2 different Mods - TES (for the Basie account) and SBC for the multiple IDs. If you want to talk about rules, you will note, that users with multiple IDs are not allowed and banned users are not allowed to come back with another ID. Yet, the field has been made uneven in order to allow you to carry on.

You've just been reinstated, do not attempt to use this reinstated ID to canvass for

Trickytreesreds
30-07-2014, 07:34 PM
Basil, this is a clean slate and I have sworn by it myself.
Whatever was said between yourself and I in the past is forgotten.
Please remember this when posting on other boards under your other ID's.
I am not going to tell you how to conduct yourself, though may I ask is the THKFTRB accepted on other forums? If it is, then surely you need to stick to the one ID?
Just a thought like.

TheKidfromRedBank
30-07-2014, 08:37 PM
I'm sorry but other boards don't see it the way that you and Romanis do. If I was to post on the Derby Board I would be banned for duplicating users. The used now there was the one chosen by the Derby Mods. If you want things to be consistent then reinstate the one I use on the Derby board. It shouldn't be a problem as Rattea (who posts on here as Rattae) explained to me by E-mail, that because of problems caused by people sharing IP addresses which I do, Footymad insist that multiple users just to have separate e-mail addresses and there was no objection to users having a different user on different boards if they did so wish providing they stuck to them.Did you know that Ripper attracted so much flak as a Mod that he was given permission by the site editor to have another user on this very board to contribute in his own way. He still does it to this day on rare occasions. I'm not betraying a confidence as he told us all on this board. There are others who have dif

Trickytreesreds
30-07-2014, 09:26 PM
[quote="TheKidfromRedBank"]I'm sorry but other boards don't see it the way that you and Romanis do. If I was to post on the Derby Board I would be banned for duplicating users. The used now there was the one chosen by the Derby Mods. If you want things to be consistent then reinstate the one I use on the Derby board. It shouldn't be a problem as Rattea (who posts on here as Rattae) explained to me by E-mail, that because of problems caused by people sharing IP addresses which I do, Footymad insist that multiple users just to have separate e-mail addresses and there was no objection to users having a different user on different boards if they did so wish providing they stuck to them.Did you know that Ripper attracted so much flak as a Mod that he was given permission by the site editor to have another user on this very board to contribute in his own way. He still does it to this day on rare occasions. I'm not betraying a confidence as he t