PDA

View Full Version : Facist salute

Romanis
01-08-2014, 11:09 AM
Since I've been accused of being a Nazi by a guest now on a week's holiday in some exotic country, it gives me a chance to talk about an issue I've been intrigued by - the fascist salute.

Because of the Nazis and fascists in Italy this salute has been relegated to a hate symbol and it deserves it to be honest.

But the salute was a pretty neat gesture until they spoiled it, previously in USA, this raised hand gesture was used when reciting the pledge of allegiance. Because of the Jerries, they've changed it to hand on heart.

RedBasie
01-08-2014, 01:16 PM
Our friends down the A52 have not been too chuffed with a topic which has twice been aired on their board during the past year which we have made great mileage out of. In the thirties Derby County played in Germany and were advised to give the Nazi salute before the game. This moment was preserved for posterity and there is an excellent photograph of their players lined up on the pitch giving the salute.XD

Trickytreesreds
01-08-2014, 01:21 PM
Since I've been accused of being a Nazi by a guest now on a week's holiday in some exotic country, it gives me a chance to talk about an issue I've been intrigued by - the fascist salute.

Because of the Nazis and fascists in Italy this salute has been relegated to a hate symbol and it deserves it to be honest.

But the salute was a pretty neat gesture until they spoiled it, previously in USA, this raised hand gesture was used when reciting the pledge of allegiance. Because of the Jerries, they've changed it to hand on heart.

I believe the salute actually originated in the Roman empire, as a show of respect for senate dignitaries. Better to ask Basil, he loves things like this.

Romanis
01-08-2014, 03:49 PM
Our friends down the A52 have not been too chuffed with a topic which has twice been aired on their board during the past year which we have made great mileage out of. In the thirties Derby County played in Germany and were advised to give the Nazi salute before the game. This moment was preserved for posterity and there is an excellent photograph of their players lined up on the pitch giving the salute.XD

Wow I didn't know that or of the topic. Thanks. Something to hold against them for posterity! ;D

RedBasie
01-08-2014, 04:26 PM

I believe the salute actually originated in the Roman empire, as a show of respect for senate dignitaries. Better to ask Basil, he loves things like this.[/quote]

I don't know about the Roman connection, but what I do know is that the German Swastika is not a true swastika but a mirror image of the real swastika which is a Buddhist symbol of peace.

RedBasie
01-08-2014, 04:36 PM

Wow I didn't know that or of the topic. Thanks. Something to hold against them for posterity! ;D[/quote]

Here's the picture, hope the link works.:) - view external link (www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-20638527)

Romanis
01-08-2014, 04:43 PM
I believe the salute actually originated in the Roman empire, as a show of respect for senate dignitaries. Better to ask Basil, he loves things like this.

I don't know about the Roman connection, but what I do know is that the German Swastika is not a true swastika but a mirror image of the real swastika which is a Buddhist symbol of peace.[/quote]

That's true. I watched a WWII program last week and it seems Mr Adolf got the idea while imprisoned and writing his book - Mein Kempf.

Definitely a Buddhist thingy, we have the Red Swastika Society in Asia, and it's a charitable organisation, but I believe the Swastika faces the other way for them.

Balanbam00
01-10-2014, 05:27 PM
I may not know exactly but it is not a buddhist symbol,but we can find it ,as a spiritual symbol some 7000 yrs ago. The swastika sybolizes perfection. Svastka ia actually a Samskrta word meaning 'good existence' ( su means good , and astika means 'to exist in'). The swastika is a symbol of permanent spiritual victory.

Romanis
01-10-2014, 09:08 PM
I may not know exactly but it is not a buddhist symbol,but we can find it ,as a spiritual symbol some 7000 yrs ago. The swastika sybolizes perfection. Svastka ia actually a Samskrta word meaning 'good existence' ( su means good , and astika means 'to exist in'). The swastika is a symbol of permanent spiritual victory.

Ok thanks

Balanbam00
04-10-2014, 04:07 AM
Its early morning , but here goes. Spirituality brings unity. With a mental image of this spiritual swastika,imagine rotating it clockwise,that is it rotates into a point. Now just reverse the image and mentally again rotate it clockwise, it seems that all will 'fly off',break up ! The swastika symbol when used in the former image brings unity,and in the latter brings disintigration.

Trickytreesreds
04-10-2014, 10:43 AM
off topic by miles.